Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: W2MN .. REVIEWED

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:38 pm

http://musictap.net/2011/09/12/review-a ... nightmare/

Another fantastic review...I am loving hearing all this positive buzz :)
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:50 pm

I'm noticing alot more of the recent reviews are positive
"THEY'RE NEVER GONNA FIND YOUR FACE"

- ALICE COOPER

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:35 pm

- ALICE COOPER

unafraid
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by unafraid » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:24 am

James1981 wrote:
homerx wrote:How was a Bad Situation. The last of the bonus tracks
Still need to hear flatline. I was glad you could buy the tracks individually on i tunes. Saved me shelling out for the album a 5 time. A Bad situation is just a straight ahead high quality rocker. Not a patch on under the bed but still good.
Lucky! iTunes Canada forces us to buy the entire album to get the bonus material. I don't feel like buying this album multiple times...
You got the picnic, I got the ants.

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:20 am

not got iTunes and don't intend to. looks like i'll have to buy multi copies if i want everything. will wait to hear the stuff first tho. annoys me when so many different versions of albums get put out. why don't they just do a normal, and a deluxe all the extras on? not exactly the economy for disposable income at the minute....
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

Devon
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by Devon » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:26 am

killer wolf wrote:not got iTunes and don't intend to. looks like i'll have to buy multi copies if i want everything. will wait to hear the stuff first tho. annoys me when so many different versions of albums get put out. why don't they just do a normal, and a deluxe all the extras on? not exactly the economy for disposable income at the minute....
Nor is it intended for you to purchase so many copies. As was accurately stated on the Sickthings mailing list a few weeks ago, the bonus versions are incentives for people to purchase an album from one retailer over the over. Thus, why we have an iTunes version, a Best Buy version, etc. Only the completest is going to worry about buying so many copies.

homerx
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by homerx » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:50 am

Bad Situation is Itunes exclusive. I to dislik itunes. But the completest in me must have all the songs. So it was preordered.

I would guess down the road as some have said a Tour edtion containing all the songs over 2 discs will come out. Until then its 3 versions to get everything.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:15 am

>Until then its 3 versions to get everything.

I think it might be four, actually.

unafraid
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by unafraid » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:05 pm

Devon wrote:
Nor is it intended for you to purchase so many copies.
They well know spreading bonus material over several editions is going to generate some more sales.
You got the picnic, I got the ants.

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:07 pm

Sure, but it's still the retailers that are driving it.

Hunter

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:50 pm

If you haven't noticed by now LOL...I'm trying to find every online review I can of the W2MN:

Here are a couple more:

http://www.antimusic.com/reviews/11/Ali ... mare.shtml

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/album ... e-20110913

http://metalassault.com/Reviews/091311_Alice_Cooper.php

Spiner202
Killer
Killer

Post by Spiner202 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:33 pm

I seem to have a different version than any of the ones I've found online (including this website).

It has 4 bonus tracks:

Under the Bed
Poison (live)
No More Mr. Nice Guy (live)
The Black Widow (live)

It seems to be a combination of the fan pack edition and the deluxe US edition, except for We Gotta Get Out Of This Place. I'm thinking this might be the Best Buy edition (which supposedly had 4 bonus tracks), except that I bought it at HMV.

hannu30
Trash
Trash

Post by hannu30 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:35 pm

While Heaven Wept wrote:
andyrew wrote:Why all the hate for "the Underture?" I thought they did a great job by starting the album off with the Steven piano part and ending it off in the same sort of fashion. IT's really cool to see the older music mixed with the newer music creating an epic finale! :rock:
I think 'The Underture' is a stunning piece of arrangement and certainly doesn't strike me as being a 'cheap gimmick'.
Indeed, just a great piece of music

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by James1981 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:50 pm

Review in new issue of Classic Rock. 8/10 They say its his best album since the original nightmare.
Boomshanka

killer_juju
Trash
Trash

Post by killer_juju » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:18 pm

I personally think the majority of people forget or just don't know about all the albums between this and WTMN. As I said this to me is at the bottom of the list with Constrictor, but even if it's considered a good album, W2MN doesn't stack up to Goes To Hell, From The Inside, The Last Temptation, and Brutal Planet by any means (and I personally think Dada is a hidden gem).

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:39 pm

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:17 pm

Finally heard the new album. What an absolute masterpiece, a very worthy sequel. I got chills when I pressed play and the "Steven" Piano started during I Am Made Of You. What a great song too. I definately see how it could be Alice (maybe Vince) talking to the man upstairs. About his life and possibly accepting the "Alice Cooper" charactor. At the same time I get how Alice could let it fit in with the storyline, as Steven saying his prayer. Either way it just works and works very well. It's all over the place musically, tongue in cheek and all in charactor to go with the storyline for the most part. The Ke$ha song alot of fans were worried about is actually really good and a stand out track IMO. Yes I hear The Baet It riff lol but I like that song anyway ;) My favorite is of course not surprisingly one with the original band "When Hell Comes Home" They still have that same chemistry. By the way, I can't believe "Under My Bed" is only a bonus track, it's one of the best on the album! I'm sure I'm not the only one who cought WTMN riff and also some Black Widow near the end right ? either way, for me this is the best Alice album since...well a long time. The booklet is great too, I almost think the aged WTMN cover in the booklet would have made a better cover. I'm so happy with this album and can't wait for the tour.

- ALICE COOPER

andyrew
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by andyrew » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:26 pm

> By the way, I can't believe "Under My Bed" is only a bonus track, it's one of the best on the album! I'm sure I'm not the only one who cought WTMN riff and also some Black Widow near the end right ? either way, for me this is the best Alice album since...well a long time. The booklet is great too, I almost think the aged WTMN cover in the booklet would have made a better cover. I'm so happy with this album and can't wait for the tour.

Well said! I can't wait to hear under the bed. Might have to wait til next week to hear it since it could take up to a week to get to me :angry:

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:56 pm

That sucks man, but it's worth the wait. You're gonna love Under The Bed. I seriously am shocked it's not part of the official album.

- ALICE COOPER

homerx
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by homerx » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:46 pm

Very Good Song. I think I have All the songs now. Just went and got the Best Buy version. Also have the vinyl working on a CD with all the Tracks
The Best Buy version isn't up on on for info so had to Mannualy input that