W2MN .. REVIEWED

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

moonshadow
Dada God
Dada God

Re: W2MN .. REVIEWED

Post by moonshadow » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:15 am

killer_juju wrote:For anybody who doesn't want to hear or know anything about the album or have preconceptions, why do you even open up the forum discussions that might have spoilers or others opinions?

Because I can still make my own mind up, even after reading others opinions & "spoilers" . I am not swayed by other peoples opinions.

And did I say I didn't want to know anything about the album? I have heard 2 short samples but not enough to form an opinion on the whole album.
You've got to trust your dreamers heart
Nobody else will tell you when you fall apart.

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:01 pm

I could be way off considering I haven't heard it, but it almost seems like from some of the reviews Ghouls Gone Wild is something similar to what The Cramps would have ddone.

Just read Cozzie's review, I really can't wait
"THEY'RE NEVER GONNA FIND YOUR FACE"

- ALICE COOPER

hannu30
Trash
Trash

Post by hannu30 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:21 pm

Could have been a song written by The Cramps yeah

Bit suprised to see that there are quite a few bad reviews of the album. Don't really understand what's not to like about it, being listening and relistening non stop for about a week now, while ACAS was in the bottom of the cupboard after the second time I tried to sit it out.

Especially the reasons for those bad reviews are beyond me. They are criticizing just those things that make/made Alice Alice, and I would have thought it were just the main reasons for becoming a fan. Alice always has been over the top in a way that looks ans sounds ridiculous for 'outsiders', Alice's greatest songs weren't to be taken serious, even in his darkest period non of the songs were thát dark to begin with, the constant switching of genres is the main appeal for fans of artists like Dylan, Alice, Bowie, ... I would have thought. That these points are then taken to make up a negative review is quite beyond me.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and to dislike the album off course, but I just can't get my head round some of the negative comments.

Miller
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Miller » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:01 pm

[quote="killer_juju"]
Nothing on this album compares to anything on the original,

Does it have to? It's 36 years later..do you expect clones of only women bleed or escape??

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:00 pm

Miller wrote:
killer_juju wrote: Nothing on this album compares to anything on the original,

Does it have to? It's 36 years later..do you expect clones of only women bleed or escape??

Well it is called W2MN and Alice did say it had all these little pieces from the original.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:05 pm

dadascot wrote:I have just read the Kerrang review. Superb! This is the review we have been waiting for. This is the first main Rock magazine review I have read for the album and this will have a lot more impact on general rock fans than those online reviews from people I, for one, have never heard of. I hope that this is just the first great review from mainline rock journalists.

I think you mean mainstream. Keraang is a stupid rag. I haven't looked at it in years but it tended to give every crummy metal album 4 stars. I'm not sure why you a placing such great emphasis on their review.

killer_juju
Trash
Trash

Post by killer_juju » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:08 pm

Alice said in an interview that this album was unveiling itself as an album that fits into the vibe of that era. I said based on what Alice himself had said, that people were going to be disappointed. It's not that it's modern, but that even more then just the modern flourishes, he has such stupid moments as rapping and sounding like green day trying to be the beach boys.

No, clones of songs were not expected, but I expected rock n' roll as all of his albums have been even when experimenting...they have been rooted in that. This album just has way too many weak moments on the second half to be a desirable follow-up to the original.

And as far as Ghouls Gone Wild, it is the song i said that sounds like Green Day trying to be The Beach Boys. My son thought it was Green Day this morning in the car until Alice started singing. How one could find any resemblance to The Cramps when they were a surf-influenced rockabilly band who never even used keyboards is beyond me.

I understand that the dislike of the album is my opinion, and it's not meant to change other people's opinions. However there is absolutely no way to compare that track to The Cramps, because the guitar, singing, bass, and drum styles (and the inclusion of keyboards on Ghouls Gone Wild) as well as the song structure are all completely different.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:17 pm

The Cramps would have cringed from that one. I can see the Weird Al comparison.

In Chick
Killer
Killer

Post by In Chick » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:43 pm

Just had listen to the spoilers, so far.
Last edited by In Chick on Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Baz
Gaye Blade
Gaye Blade

Post by Baz » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:47 pm

I haven`t listened to the new album yet , that will come later tonight, but may I just say a massive thank you to Classic Rock for putting out this monster collectors edition, absolutely amazing.
I`m one of the `Over 50`s `.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:02 pm

My CR pack hasn`t turned up yet,and no store has it either...
Even my singles haven`t shown up and they were sent a few days ago...

(Going to sulk in the corner)

moonshadow
Dada God
Dada God

Post by moonshadow » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:10 pm

Si wrote:My CR pack hasn`t turned up yet,and no store has it either...

My pack hasn't arrived yet either!

(Joining Si to sulk in the corner)!!!! :(
You've got to trust your dreamers heart
Nobody else will tell you when you fall apart.

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by James1981 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:13 pm

moonshadow wrote:

My pack hasn't arrived yet either!

(Joining Si to sulk in the corner)!!!! :(
My mate who lives in the same town as me got his and i didnt. (off to join Si and Moonshadow in the corner) ::((:
Boomshanka

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:22 pm

Shhh... We'll just listen to it anyway in our own little corner and make our own bloody magazine hehe

homerx
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by homerx » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:30 pm

"Waiting is the hardest part"

Baz
Gaye Blade
Gaye Blade

Post by Baz » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:40 pm

Well your name is on the poster Simon :rotfl: so I guess its on its way.

TeresofBlood
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by TeresofBlood » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:43 pm

Baz wrote:Well your name is on the poster Simon :rotfl: so I guess its on its way.
I wanted to order from Amazon, as I figured it'd be easier in the USA, but I wanted my name on that poster haha!

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by James1981 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:47 pm

TeresofBlood wrote:
Baz wrote:Well your name is on the poster Simon :rotfl: so I guess its on its way.
I wanted to order from Amazon, as I figured it'd be easier in the USA, but I wanted my name on that poster haha!
I have herd from someone else that got the fanpack today that my name is on there :) We will all be looking through it trying to spot all the people we know. Ah well tomorrow i will be sitting childlike at the window waiting for the postman to come.
Boomshanka

Baz
Gaye Blade
Gaye Blade

Post by Baz » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:56 pm

Someone lovingly bought me this album so i`m not expecting my name to be on there, but if it is it`s a bonus.

BTW James1981 if your real name is Stinkycrotchpants Mc,Sporran it`s there.

:evil: I jest my friend.

Thanks Danno.

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:46 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
dadascot wrote:I have just read the Kerrang review. Superb! This is the review we have been waiting for. This is the first main Rock magazine review I have read for the album and this will have a lot more impact on general rock fans than those online reviews from people I, for one, have never heard of. I hope that this is just the first great review from mainline rock journalists.

I think you mean mainstream. Keraang is a stupid rag. I haven't looked at it in years but it tended to give every crummy metal album 4 stars. I'm not sure why you a placing such great emphasis on their review.
The point that I was trying to make, was that a lot more rock fans read a kerrang review than some more obscure online rock site, therefor a positive review will maybe persuade non Alice fans to buy the album. I have followed Alice's reviews in Kerrang for thirty years and at time's they have been brutal with him.