Welcome to my nightmare + Welcome 2 my Nightmare Tour!

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

andyrew
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Welcome to my nightmare + Welcome 2 my Nightmare Tour!

Post by andyrew » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:21 pm

I really think it would be awesome if the new tour did a combined set list of both albums. I know Alice has said that he has to include the hits like Schools Out and No More Mr. Nice Guy, but everyone has seen that kind of show already and the die hards would really love it. Plus it would give everyone a cool live glimpse into the whole nightmare story in 1 show and some killer theatrics. Besides, pretty much every song on Nightmare 1 is a hit and i'm sure part 2 will bring the same quality. I hope he considers it.

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Welcome to my nightmare + Welcome 2 my Nightmare Tour!

Post by Gunner » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:34 am

I DO hope he does the 'big show' to go with this, surely he will!? Having said that, I thought ACAS was written for the 'big show', what with it being a story etc, but that didn't happen - maybe because the album wasn't too well received!?

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:43 am

As I understand it, the halloween shows are under the 'No more mr nice guy' tour. Is this correct or is it the start of the W2MN tour. I would love it if it were. I agree I would love a radically different setlist containing most of 1 and 2 with some of the big hits thrown in (I haven't seen clones live in thirty years) Roger Daltry did this same thing by touring with Quadrophenia recently.

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by James1981 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:46 am

I would be quite happy if the Halloween shows were still part of the NMMNG tour and the Nightmare shows were next year. This is purley for selfish reasons as i have not seen the NMMNG show yet and this way i could catch both. I would be happy either way though.
Boomshanka

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:19 am

[quote="dadascot"]I haven't seen clones live in thirty yearsquote]

Clones is on the current setlist.

I'd be quite happy with more NMMNG shows in October and then a full blown Nightmare 2 tour next year. This would allow more time for the production and for us all to get used to the new album.

The hits will ALWAYS be played, like it or not.
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:38 am

the hits were played in the original nightmare tour. you can have both I think! maybe just the absolute must plays,but heavy on "nightmare" tracks....

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:17 am

I think the W2MN show should be an 'all new show', like Brutal Planet was - and not some re-hashed and re-shuffled version of recent shows.

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:11 pm

With the trash show it started with the majority of the trash album (If my senile riddled mind remembers rightly) and the hits and then, half way through the concert the set changed and became the nightmare show, with a dwight fry and a couple of others which fitted the nightmare concept, which was fantastic way to do it. Maybe something like this could happen. Also I agree that it would be good if this was the fag end of the NMMNG and then he came back next year with W2MN, just thinking though that there is usually a couple of years between major tours and I really don't want to wait that long. All if's and but's but that is what keeps it interesting.

electrocute1031
Trash
Trash

Post by electrocute1031 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:19 pm

Quote from Alice:
""I would love to do both albums back-to-back in a 3,000 seat theater for three weeks at a time," he says. "We could do it in New York, Los Angeles . . . every major city. There's been talk of Broadway. It would be a great Broadway show."

full interview here:http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... l-20110810

Robert Gerard Hunt

Post by Robert Gerard Hunt » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:32 pm

electrocute1031 wrote:Quote from Alice:
""I would love to do both albums back-to-back in a 3,000 seat theater for three weeks at a time," he says. "We could do it in New York, Los Angeles . . . every major city. There's been talk of Broadway. It would be a great Broadway show."

full interview here:http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... l-20110810
Whoops. Just started a new thread on the Rolling Stone article before I saw your post.

electrocute1031
Trash
Trash

Post by electrocute1031 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:46 pm

^^^it's no problem honestly the interview deserves it's own thread anyway :)