Ipad nightmare

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Nightmare13
Trash
Trash

Re: Ipad nightmare

Post by Nightmare13 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:52 am

Nice. Hope it comes to the US and for iPhone.

Ill say one thing, the UK does have some awesome versions of this album.
"You Trap.... You KILL.... You Eat!"

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:16 am

Nightmare13 wrote:Nice. Hope it comes to the US and for iPhone.

Ill say one thing, the UK does have some awesome versions of this album.
It's only for the IPAD

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:39 pm

pitkin88 wrote:You have the other versions don't you? Aren't the liner notes on there?
Thanks for your concern, but actually, at this point I don't have anything else because I'm still waiting for the fanpack to arrive and I'm still waiting for the Best Buy version that I purchased on Ebay.

And yet, that still doesn't address the fact that it's ludicrous that when you buy an album online you get none of the information that comes with the CD when you buy it in the stores.

Not to mention it actually costs *more* to buy it from iTunes than it would to buy the physical disc from Best Buy ($11.99 vs. $10.59)!

For all the Kool-Aid drinking surrounding Apple and their products, and the fact they promote iTunes exclusives, I expected that you'd get at least *some* information when downloading an album from them.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:15 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
pitkin88 wrote:You have the other versions don't you? Aren't the liner notes on there?
Thanks for your concern, but actually, at this point I don't have anything else because I'm still waiting for the fanpack to arrive and I'm still waiting for the Best Buy version that I purchased on Ebay.

And yet, that still doesn't address the fact that it's ludicrous that when you buy an album online you get none of the information that comes with the CD when you buy it in the stores.

Not to mention it actually costs *more* to buy it from iTunes than it would to buy the physical disc from Best Buy ($11.99 vs. $10.59)!

For all the Kool-Aid drinking surrounding Apple and their products, and the fact they promote iTunes exclusives, I expected that you'd get at least *some* information when downloading an album from them.
I agree with all of that, however this is the way it has always been..... i'm assuming this is the first time you've used iTunes?

I do find it ridiculous that they charge so much for mp3 downloads...considering there is zero production/manufacturing costs involved. Also, speaking from a musicians point of view, the percentage that the musician receives is nothing short of scandalous (although not as bad as Spotify!).

But yeah, going back to your original point, it wouldn't be that much of a stretch to expect some proper online liner notes to go with your purchase. I suppose the iPad 'app' is a step in the right direction, although that has some major problems in the fact that you can't share the music as you would a normal MP3.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:53 pm

Didn't the Keepin Haloween Alive download come with a PDF file with pictures and some other info? From memory it did!

Regarding the above post, the iPad route sounds like a ready made solution to piracy. It wouldn't be the way I would want to listen to music (no flexibility to edit / mix tunes) but the way it's presented is great.
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:41 pm

As wind_up_toy stated, "Keepin' Halloween Alive" came with a PDF file. Some iTunes albums come with PDFs containing liner notes, lyrics, etc., and some don't. I assume that all depends on what the label puts together for the iTunes store. I have no knowledge of why that material wasn't included with W2MN, but it's not the inherent fault of iTunes (or Amazon) that it's not there....

Hunter

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:29 pm

I don't usually buy albums online... and even more rarely via iTunes... so I'm not generally familiar with what generally comes with or doesn't come with an album when you download from iTunes.

Still, I found it surprising.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:23 am

Same here....

Hunter

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:03 am

Is there any news when this app is available in Holland???

Still very strange that I cant buy this!!

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:43 pm

Send them an email. NO ANSWER. :nono:
Maybe anybody here knows when this is gonna be released in Holland??

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:47 pm

>Send them an email.

Who?

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:58 am

iTunes holland

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:45 am

>iTunes holland

It's not really anything to do with them. You should try Future Publishing instead.

homerx
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by homerx » Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:33 pm

It's to bad this can't be on Andriod could be made more universal that way.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:42 pm

homerx wrote:It's to bad this can't be on Andriod could be made more universal that way.
I have the IPad but i agree wit you on this one.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:36 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>iTunes holland

It's not really anything to do with them. You should try Future Publishing instead.
I send them an email. Will let know the answer.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:12 pm

Until now NO answer

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:54 pm

I'm getting frustrated here. I now send them two emails and no answer at all! :laug ::((:
When I come back from holiday I make a fake id for a UK address and get it that way. Very strange and annoying.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:34 pm

After I found a different emailaddress I finally got an answer.
------------------------------------------------
Dear Eric,

Thank you for your recent email.

I have to advise that we do not have access to information regarding other publishers. You would need to contact Itunes as we only deal with the paper editions.

I apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

If there is anything else that I can help you with please don’t hesitate to contact me.

For and on behalf of Future Publishing

Charlotte Elvy-Stockman
Email Customer Services
-------------------------------------------------

So they send me BACK to Itunes and they simply don't answer!!

What a NIGHTMARE !!!!

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:09 pm

And I got an answer from ITUNES.

-------------------------------------------------
Hello Eric,

I would like to mention before I move on that we are all working together to help answer our customers as soon as possible. That being said, you may experience speaking to different advisors should you require further assistance. Just to do a quick recap, I understand that you would like to know how to go about downloading an application that is available in the UK iTunes Store. I can appreciate why you would want to find this out. My name is Shandi, and I am happy to look into this for you.

I need to let you know Eric, that if you would like to purchase from an iTunes Store in a particular country, you must have both a residential address and a billing address in that particular country. Items on any particular country's iTunes Store are available only for distribution to customers who use a credit card, debit card, iTunes Gift Certificate, or iTunes Gift Card issued in and for that country.

For example, the U.S. iTunes Store can only sell to U.S. residents using credit cards or debit cards that were issued in and for the U.S., or U.S. residents using iTunes Gift Certificates or Gift Cards that were purchased in the U.S.

I'd like to suggest Eric, that you contact our customer feedback page. This will give you the opportunity to submit all of your comments and suggestions that will help us improve in certain areas that will make your customer service and iTunes experience more pleasant.

Apple recognizes that no one is better qualified to provide feedback about iTunes than the people who use it.

I encourage you to use the iTunes Feedback page to submit your comments:
http://www.apple.com/feedback/itunesapp.html

I'm very sorry that I was unable to provide you with more positive information. Please don't hesitate to contact us again if you have any further questions or concerns. We're happy to help any way that we can. Take care and have a good day.

Sincerely,

Shandi
iTunes Store/Mac App Store Advisor
---------------------------------------------------

How is it possible that the "inventors" of complete all modern webfeatures and apps is not possible to solve this.

I can buy at every Amazon store in the world with the same creditcard and address.
I think it's a shame that ITUNES doesn't allow that.

But back on topic : NO WORD about becoming available in other countries if at all.
::((:

Anyone with another tip ??