Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

juancoop
Killer
Killer

Alice's hair...

Post by juancoop » Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:19 pm

Hey guys
Just wanted to share a little thought I have about Alice's hair...
I dont know if you, as I do, when I saw some youtube videos or the theatre of death dvd or seeing him live this year I get kinda nervous every time alice tries to hide his lack of hair in the middle of the head...
And I wonder why he just dont put some thru implants as many companies do painless and quick or at least wear those sticks with the wig as he did on brutal planet...
Dont know, I dont think its necessary to try to hide what cant be hidden, having such an easy ways to stop worrying about that and having to comb and comb the hair the way he is doing on stage.
I know what age he is, and Im not implying that he is old or somethng like that, cuz I LOVE the strenght in him to still giving us so much entertainment, but I think he could solve the problem easily and look even better!!

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Alice's hair...

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:25 pm

>Just wanted to share a little thought I have about Alice's hair...

You must be very bored. Do you realise there was quite a recent thread about this ridiculous subject?

>alice tries to hide his lack of hair in the middle of the head...

That's ridiculous.

Pennypacker
Trash
Trash

Post by Pennypacker » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:01 pm

Why don't we just let people have their own opinions here(even if you might consider them ridiculous)? We might not all agree with him but if he feels that way and want's to share his thoughts with us then who are we to call his thoughts ridiculous?

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:18 pm

>Why don't we just let people have their own opinions here(even if you might consider them ridiculous)?

No - one is preventing that.

> We might not all agree with him but if he feels that way and want's to share his thoughts with us then who are we to call his thoughts ridiculous?

So you're saying he's allowed to post what he likes, but no - one is allowed to respond. That doesn't make sense. In case, you're confused, calling someone's opinion "ridiculous" is allowed by the rules of this board.

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:39 pm

hey juancoop, are you a rug salesman(are you trying to sell wigs?),,just looked in the mirror..crikey Im grey..off to get some hair dye(you don't think Alice would dye his hair would you?)
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by James1981 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:23 pm

juancoop wrote: And I wonder why he just dont put some thru implants as many companies do painless and quick
Please tell me what companies. Am starting to get a little thin on top!! :)
Boomshanka

the maniac
Trash
Trash

Post by the maniac » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:46 pm

alice is alice, if he was bald, he'd still carry on, regardless, his a true proffesional, even if he came on stage in a zimoframe, he'd still play, Alice has no age, he's a frankenstein, Remeber that and enjoy, just like he does,

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:59 am

Pennypacker wrote:Why don't we just let people have their own opinions here(even if you might consider them ridiculous)? We might not all agree with him but if he feels that way and want's to share his thoughts with us then who are we to call his thoughts ridiculous?
oh how very liberal of you (reaches for the bucket to throw up!) if people talk crap they need to be challenged, can you get your head around that?
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

Robert Gerard Hunt

Post by Robert Gerard Hunt » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:17 pm

steven_crayn wrote:
Pennypacker wrote:Why don't we just let people have their own opinions here(even if you might consider them ridiculous)? We might not all agree with him but if he feels that way and want's to share his thoughts with us then who are we to call his thoughts ridiculous?
oh how very liberal of you (reaches for the bucket to throw up!) if people talk crap they need to be challenged, can you get your head around that?
You can challenge ideas without being insulting. It's the condescending tone that I find unnecessary and unpleasant.

DIMMA
Killer
Killer

Post by DIMMA » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:47 pm

If you are so worried that Alice is losing his hair and you may be uncomfortable watching him perform in the future, I got news for you; Alice is NOT going bald!

His hair has turned a little silvery with age and although he dyes his hair black he doesn´t make much of an effort to hide it and often let´s his silver root show. Personally I think it looks very cool.

In any case, members of some of the biggest bands in the world, including AC/DC, Metallica and U2 have lost much of their hair and I haven´t noticed it affecting their talents, performance or popularity much.

I am 20 years younger than Alice, don´t have a single hair on my head and am not ashamed to say I actually like it that way!

I can still play guitar as well as ever and even occasionally still get the call from the original Alice Cooper bandmembers to play with them. Go figure!

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:24 pm

It seems like the original AC band has been luckier than most in the hair department. It appears that all four still have a full head of (their own) hair as they reach their mid 60's.....at least it appears that way.

Pennypacker
Trash
Trash

Post by Pennypacker » Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:02 pm

Robert Gerard Hunt wrote:
steven_crayn wrote:
You can challenge ideas without being insulting. It's the condescending tone that I find unnecessary and unpleasant.
That's exactly what I meant. It's seems to be like certain members here think they are somehow better persons than others(not sure if that's how they see it or perhaps they don't mean it like that but as an outsider that's how it looks). Kinda makes many new members feel extremely unwelcomed to this forum.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:53 pm

People are entitled to their opinions, of course they are, BUT if those opinions are based on incorrect information then they should be corrected.

Some posters do this in a more tactful way then others obviously. I can certainly see how people think "certain members here think they are somehow better persons" but that really isn`t it. More knowledgable maybe, but I don`t think anyone is suggesting they are a better person then someone they have probably never met. That WOULD be silly.
But to a point I agree. They should word things better.

If offence is taken, most of the time I very much doubt it was intended that way. Just because something you think (post) is silly, doesn`t mean that YOU are silly if you don`t have all the facts, and someone correcting or debating your post also doesn`t automatically mean they think YOU are stoopid, just that they think what you posted was, if you see what I mean.

To Newcomers: Yes, you can have to be a little thick skinned on here, more so then some other places maybe, BUT the point of this whole site is information, correct information. Sharing our interest in all things Cooper. However the nature of many people here is that things like Alice's hair, teeth etc really have very little relevence to the music and performances. Such things, rightly or wrongly, annoy some more then others.
I certainly agree it is a good idea to look around the site and check out some older topics before piling in with your first post. Everyone is welcome here but doing a little homework before posting can never be a bad idea. What you learn could allow you to post more informed questions and replies.
In the end there ARE other forums you can go to if you wish, but I'm betting the answers you get there wouldn't be half has informative as here, if anyone even gives you the right answer!

The bottom line is that this is MY board. I pay for it and allow people to post and use it. I (and my moderators) have the right to decide who can post and what they can post. You all agreed to that when you signed up.
In practice of course the vast majority of members never have to deal with a moderator or ever have a post removed. On occasion someone might get something removed or edited for minor infringements. Swearing normally results in editing, or if you quote/reply to a deleted post then possibly your reply would be removed as it no longer makes any sense. Just a couple of examples.

What does annoy me and other moderators is people complaining about other posters ON THE FORUMS. That is not how it should be done as stated in the guidelines. If you object to a post there is a "Report This Post" button below every post. Click it and a moderator will read your message and deal with it at their first convinience. What they decide is up to them. In major cases they would come to me to make a decision but I trust them to generally do what is in the best interests of the majority. If you believe someone has PERSONALLY insulted YOU, then use the button so we can deal with it.

Certain posters often refer to past threads about something that is posted. If this happens over and over it can get annoying, I agree, BUT why don`t people do a search before posting in case their question HAS already been answered? You can search just the forums or the whole site. If after that there isn't anything to help you by all means post the question. Having said that, just because something HAS been mentioned before doesn`t mean you can't talk about it, but at least try and have something new to add to subject.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:58 pm

>not sure if that's how they see it or perhaps they don't mean it like that but as an outsider that's how it looks

That's *your* perception, which makes it *your* problem. It's just words on a screen.

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by James1981 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:43 pm

Anyway this is all taking away from the serious discussion we are having about Alices hair. I wonder what shampoo/conditioner he uses? Does he wash it every day or sometimes does he leave it a couple of days between washes? When he does wasH it does he let it dry naturally or blow dry? If so what brand of drier does he prefer? THESE ARE THE SORT OF QUESTIONS THAT KEEP ME AWAKE AT NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:
Boomshanka

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:02 pm

>I wonder what shampoo/conditioner he uses?

He likes Aussie products.

juancoop
Killer
Killer

Post by juancoop » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:07 pm

Wow, what a reaction I've caused. That wasnt my intention. First I want to thank pennypacker, the maniac and Robert Gerard Hunt.
What I dont understand is why some of you have to get to agression point.
Andy Michael, Im not bored to ask this. I am enjoying this as a hobby, and I am in my right to ask whatever I want.
I like to read all your opinions, and even the ones I can disagree, but I will never qualify people or the subjects they want to debate about silly, or ridiculous... just like that. It's not the purpose of this forum...
Alice could get and stay bald if he wants to. I dont care. Im talking about the stage character and what I like or what I dislike.
No need to be agressive.
Great to be here.

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by James1981 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:15 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>I wonder what shampoo/conditioner he uses?

He likes Aussie products.
Thanks Andy. Looks like a decent nights sleep ahead for me! :)
Boomshanka

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:15 pm

>Andy Michael, Im not bored to ask this. I am enjoying this as a hobby, and I am in my right to ask whatever I want.

Similarly, I have the "right" to reply as I see fit as well.

>I like to read all your opinions, and even the ones I can disagree, but I will never qualify people or the subjects they want to debate about silly, or ridiculous...

It IS ridiculous though. It's ridiculous because it is SO obvious that Alice is not losing his hair.

>Alice could get and stay bald if he wants to.

Nobody is denying that. Also, as I wrote, this has been discussed before and as just been pointed out and as I have always asked, if you had read the previous discussion you may have seen the conclusion that was arrived at. That shouldn't stop you from continuing the discussion but at least read some older threads before you post.
Last edited by A_MichaelUK on Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jaded
Garric Stalker
Garric Stalker

Post by Jaded » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:18 pm

juancoop wrote:Wow, what a reaction I've caused. That wasnt my intention. First I want to thank pennypacker, the maniac and Robert Gerard Hunt.
What I dont understand is why some of you have to get to agression point.
Andy Michael, Im not bored to ask this. I am enjoying this as a hobby, and I am in my right to ask whatever I want.
I like to read all your opinions, and even the ones I can disagree, but I will never qualify people or the subjects they want to debate about silly, or ridiculous... just like that. It's not the purpose of this forum...
Alice could get and stay bald if he wants to. I dont care. Im talking about the stage character and what I like or what I dislike.
No need to be agressive.
Great to be here.

Please read Si's post carefully. Thank you.
I take life with a grain of salt...
A wedge of lime, and a shot of tequila.