Frank Zappa , Mike Douglas 1976 talking about.Alice Cooper

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Frank Zappa , Mike Douglas 1976 talking about.Alice Coop

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:57 am

>No evidence that you are aware of Andy - remember that.

What "evidence" do you have that they "maybe" were? You're the one who brought it up as a possibility, even though there's no suggestion of it.

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:51 am

Gunner wrote:
No evidence that you are aware of Andy - remember that.
That is a ridiculous thing to say. I am pretty certain that Alice Cooper never stood on top of the Eiffel Tower naked with a chicken sticking out of his arse, but then i'm not aware of any evidence to the contrary, so by your reasoning it could have happened and the onus would be on me to prove otherwise.

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:52 am

>>No evidence that you are aware of Andy - remember that.

What "evidence" do you have that they "maybe" were? You're the one who brought it up as a possibility, even though there's no suggestion of it.
Andy, please follow, life is short. I don't have any evidence that they pestered him and you have no evidence that they didn't pester him. To make the claim that there IS no evidence suggests that you are an omnipotent entity of truth, that you were there at all times and in every situation.

Actually, as a matter of fact, I do recall Alice saying that they pestered him - certainly into the audition at least!

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:55 am

That is a ridiculous thing to say. I am pretty certain that Alice Cooper never stood on top of the Eiffel Tower naked with a chicken sticking out of his arse, but then i'm not aware of any evidence to the contrary, so by your reasoning it could have happened and the onus would be on me to prove otherwise.
Read my above post. Don't you think for one second that 'Alice Cooper standing on top of the Eiffel Tower naked with a chicken sticking out of his arse' is more unlikely than the group pestering Frank?? What evidence of the Coopers doing this would you expect to be aware of may I enquire??

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:58 am

Let me try again for some of you people;

I suspect the Coopers pestered Frank, and by him giving them a deal he would get them off his back to a degree. I read that Frank had very little (or NO) further involvement in the group after the signing, so there is no reason to suggest that he didn't do it to stop them pestering.

Those are merely thoughts of mine, to state that there is no evidence of it is incorrect. You should say, 'I don't know of any evidence supporting that statement'. The former implies that you are the truth.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:45 pm

>Andy, please follow, life is short.

Stop wasting our time with your moronic posts then.

> To make the claim that there IS no evidence suggests that you are an omnipotent entity of truth, that you were there at all times and in every situation.

I don't have any evidence that you steal from old ladies either, which is the same as you not having evidence that there was "pestering" going on. I don't NEED any evidence that there was no "pestering" because I didn't bring it up. There is no burden of proof on me because I didn't bring it up. You did.

>Actually, as a matter of fact, I do recall Alice saying that they pestered him - certainly into the audition at least!

I don't think you do.

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:08 pm

>Andy, please follow, life is short.

Stop wasting our time with your moronic posts then.
Don't be rude, it is unnecessary and makes you look rather foolish. Just follow it Andy, just follow the logic and what is being written please!! You said there is no evidence that they pestered him. What you should say is that YOU don't know of any evidence that they pestered Zappa. You may even say that you don't BELIEVE that they pestered him, but to say there IS no evidence suggests that you have a truth that only an omnipotent entity could have.
I don't have any evidence that you steal from old ladies either, which is the same as you not having evidence that there was "pestering" going on.
But why is the idea that I steal from old grannies a totally unbelievable notion? I might do for all you know. It is far more far fetched than the notion that the Coopers pestered Zappa and not at ALL comparable.

I don't NEED any evidence that there was no "pestering" because I didn't bring it up. There is no burden of proof on me because I didn't bring it up. You did.
You did bring it up!! You said there was no evidence, why then should you not qualify that statement, that you put forward as fact - do you belong to the Richard Dawkins school of reasoning?

Old grannies and chickens hanging out of arses etc are not as unlikely as 'pestering' for a contract at all! I'm not being pedantic, I am appealing to reason. I seem to recall hearing this or reading this somewhere, either from the Steve Demorest's book or on 'A Portrait of a legend' TV programme. To say there IS NO EVIDENCE suggest you know everything about Alice Cooper, and you can't!!!
I don't think you do.
That's better Andy, introduce the word' 'think' rather than 'know for fact', but even so, to think that I don't recall is a bizarre thing to say, very bizarre!!

alan1958
Killer
Killer

Post by alan1958 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:30 pm

[quote="Gunner"]
. > do you belong to the Richard Dawkins school of reasoning?

Is there an alternative ?

SKULLBOY
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by SKULLBOY » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:43 am

alan1958 wrote:
Gunner wrote: . > do you belong to the Richard Dawkins school of reasoning?

Is there an alternative ?
That's a good question.

I also Andy's reference to The Burden of Proof. Well played, sir.
"I was scared to death, afraid to close my eyes
And find that I was gone . . . "

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:07 am

>Don't be rude, it is unnecessary and makes you look rather foolish.

I’ll be the judge of that.

>Just follow it Andy, just follow the logic and what is being written please!!

That’s ironic, considering the lack of “logic” in the majority of your posts.

>You said there is no evidence that they pestered him. What you should say is that YOU don't know of any evidence that they pestered Zappa.

Try that line of thinking in a court of law. You’d lose.

>You may even say that you don't BELIEVE that they pestered him, but to say there IS no evidence suggests that you have a truth that only an omnipotent entity could have.

I don’t have to “say” ANYTHING. It’s not an issue. It was never raised before until you did.

>But why is the idea that I steal from old grannies a totally unbelievable notion

I didn’t say it wasn’t, I’m saying it’s not an issue. If the subject was that you steal from old ladies, then it would be, just as whether or not Zappa was pestered by the band is not an issue. Why did you even raise it?!

>I might do for all you know.

But it’s not issue, though.

>It is far more far fetched than the notion that the Coopers pestered Zappa and not at ALL comparable.

There’s no evidence that they stole his car either. Shall we bring that up as well?

>You did bring it up!!

No I didn’t. You did in your post of 16 July – go and check.

>You said there was no evidence,

That was in response to the post I refer to above.

>why then should you not qualify that statement, that you put forward as fact –

I haven’t “put anything forward” – you did.

>do you belong to the Richard Dawkins school of reasoning?

If you really consider yourself to be a worthy opponent to an eminent scientist, then that’s truly insane.

>Old grannies and chickens hanging out of arses etc are not as unlikely as 'pestering' for a contract at all!

I don’t even know what that sentence means. You're very confused.

>I'm not being pedantic, I am appealing to reason.

Which “reason”? I’m asking you again. Why did you bring the issue of a lack of pestering’?
I’m not saying it didn’t happen – just that there’s no evidence of it or even that it was widely reported. So why bring it up?

>I seem to recall hearing this or reading this somewhere, either from the Steve Demorest's book or on 'A Portrait of a legend' TV programme.

So where’s the evidence? Just because you claim you read it or heard it from one source? If it was something that was constant part of the band's history, you’d have a point. But it isn't, so you don’t.

> To say there IS NO EVIDENCE suggest you know everything about Alice Cooper, and you can't!!!

I don’t have evidence that you steal from old ladies, but I’m not claiming you do. That’s the difference.

>That's better Andy, introduce the word' 'think' rather than 'know for fact', but even so, to think that I don't recall is a bizarre thing to say, very bizarre!!

I would love to see you as a defendant in a court of law – a good barrister will have you locked up with very little effort.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:00 pm

Silly debate :( :x
I don't like the tone of some replies here in this topic and also at this forum.
::((: :angry: *surrender*

Jaded
Garric Stalker
Garric Stalker

Post by Jaded » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:28 pm

mestreech wrote:Silly debate :( :x
I don't like the tone of some replies here in this topic and also at this forum.
Then go some place else
I take life with a grain of salt...
A wedge of lime, and a shot of tequila.

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:52 pm

Jaded....just curious. Do you and Si spend more time in the USA or in the UK?

BTW...I love reading Gunner's posts. They are like a verbal jigsaw puzzle. There is stuff there, one just gets confused as to where the parts fit.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:38 pm

Jaded wrote:
Then go some place else
Why so hostile?

Jaded
Garric Stalker
Garric Stalker

Post by Jaded » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:48 pm

GNDM wrote:Jaded....just curious. Do you and Si spend more time in the USA or in the UK?

BTW...I love reading Gunner's posts. They are like a verbal jigsaw puzzle. There is stuff there, one just gets confused as to where the parts fit.
In the UK, but saying that we are headed for the States in less than 2 weeks.

Jaded
Garric Stalker
Garric Stalker

Post by Jaded » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:50 pm

mestreech wrote:
Jaded wrote:
Then go some place else
Why so hostile?
I wasn't being hostile, I was just solving your problem.. you don't like the tone, or some of the replies in this topic and forum. The answer seems plain as day to me..

Just being helpful..

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:31 pm

Ok I understand your point.

As I don't understand some reactions here it is no reason for me to leave. Mostly it's good fun here.

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:06 pm

Stay here mestreech, as they say "sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me"..may not translate to dutch well but info great here(even from people who get understandably frustrated at times)..so just ignore the bits you don't like and enjoy the rest..
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:50 am

recoop wrote:Stay here mestreech, as they say "sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me"..may not translate to dutch well but info great here(even from people who get understandably frustrated at times)..so just ignore the bits you don't like and enjoy the rest..
I will Recoop I will ! :rock:

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:24 am

Thankyou GNDM, hopefully it gets people to think.