alice NMMNG picture.

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

juancoop
Killer
Killer

alice NMMNG picture.

Post by juancoop » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:52 pm

Hello there, just thinking that if is there a chance to get the original picture of Alice crawling towards the camera,I mean, a decent size of it... that picture is just sick!! ha ha
Im talking about the one it was used for the head in the current tour poster, also seen int he curtain.... I remember it was a COnstrictor or RYFY picture era....
I also remember it was behind Alice the poster Im talking about in the Prime Cuts dvd...
And there was a cofee mug for sale with this "face" through official site not so long ago...
I particularly love that time of alice, the make up was more sinister and the expressions in his face... very fun to see...
That is the reason I think its better to see the full set on his tours with full make up.... it adds something extra!

I always liked the sinister side of the coop.... that psycho killer looking and the bloody stuff... even with music of his Kane Roberts era (which isnt his best I think) the wardrobe and the makeup are cool!!).

Cheers guys!

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Re: alice NMMNG picture.

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:26 pm

>the make up was more sinister

It's the same as now, actually.

juancoop
Killer
Killer

Post by juancoop » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:14 pm

Hey Andy, thank you for your reply....
I know it's the same make up.... but the photo shootings from that time (Friday the 13th, the picture Im talking about, the ones in the wood cage with Alice growling and showing his teeth, the Bates Motel ones...) the make up was more sharp, I think Alice look much more sinister, the spikes in the eyes are more thick, triangular and not just lines, maybe the eyes circles are bigger, dont know).
The same happened to me in the trashes the world concert.... the real size cardboard alice has a thicker make up that compared with the real alice after the process of changing the clothes and the nurse painting him, somehow look more dangerous....

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:41 pm

I understand what you're saying Juan, sometimes Alice has painted the clown make-up slightly differently... sometimes it's more of a line and other times it has appeared more of a point... wider towards the eye and thinner near the bottom.

Other times, he's also made the lines longer or shorter which can alter the look a bit.

Not sure if it's by design or not... or even if it stayed the same for one particular era vs. another.

http://www.wikimusicguide.com/images/4/ ... Cooper.jpg

http://www.glamrock.com/blog/wp-content ... cooper.jpg

http://assets.rollingstone.com/assets/i ... cooper.jpg
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:59 pm

>the ones in the wood cage with Alice growling and showing his teeth, the Bates Motel ones...)

Those are from different shoots than the poster you're referring to.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:59 pm

>Other times, he's also made the lines longer or shorter which can alter the look a bit.

That's all true, but it's still basically the same design. I think the second example you gave is from the session that juancoop is freferring to.

juancoop
Killer
Killer

Post by juancoop » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:17 pm

thank you RemarkablyInsincere for your input, and Andy, you're right, the second picture is the "look" Im referring to.
Also, I see that the wood cage ones are from a different session (which I think it could be the same one of the Friday the 13th, since Alice has black painted nails with gloves with the fingers short).
Like I said, when Alice does the "killer faces showing his teeth" is the most sinister look he can get... and are the coolest for me.
When he does just lines and not triangles looks more crazy than a killer... IMO.

I know it's very very silly what Im talking about.... but just wanted to say what I think... he he.
Thank you both for your replies.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:00 pm

>Also, I see that the wood cage ones are from a different session

That is from the promotional film for "He's Back (The Man Behind The Mask".

>I know it's very very silly

Not at all.

juancoop
Killer
Killer

Post by juancoop » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:27 am

I wonder who keep the rights for the pictures from a photo shooting session...
is alice or the photographer?
I ask this to see if contacting the profesional who took the picture would be a way to get them if they decide to sell prints.
In fact yesterday I've sent an email to the ones who took the trash and the hey stoopid ones... maybe they would answer, who knows!
The "no" already have it... let's see...

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:14 am

juancoop wrote:I wonder who keep the rights for the pictures from a photo shooting session...
I ask this to see if contacting the profesional who took the picture would be a way to get them if they decide to sell prints.
In fact yesterday I've sent an email to the ones who took the trash and the hey stoopid ones... maybe they would answer, who knows!
Usually, the photographer owns the rights to the photographs they take but sometimes it depends on the agreement they have with the artist.

I've contacted a few photographers for photographs related to a different artist with varying degrees of success. I've heard back from some and even purchased prints of photographs from a couple. The more "known" photographers I've made contact with have often been very busy and unable to search through their archives for me at that moment but asked me to contact them in the future. Some of them have websites already setup where they sell some of their prints in varying sizes.

In addition to the published photographs, these photographers may have additional images that were not published from the same sessions so it's worth asking about that too.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

juancoop
Killer
Killer

Post by juancoop » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:39 am

thank you for your reply.
yeah, that is a very interesting chance... well, so far no response... but I'll tell if Im lucky to get one.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:58 am

juancoop wrote:I wonder who keep the rights for the pictures from a photo shooting session...
Matt Coddington is the man to answer this
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:28 pm

>Matt Coddington is the man to answer this

The answer from RemarkablyInsincere is pretty accurate.

juancoop
Killer
Killer

Post by juancoop » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:49 am

is matt coddington here to answer?

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:38 am

>is matt coddington here to answer?

As I already posted, the reply from RemarkablyInsincere has more or less answered your question.