Cindy Lang

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Cindy Lang

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:39 am

>But not too lazy to write your too lazy to do so??? Why not help the guy out?? just wondering...

Because to explain the concept of palimony (which is what Gunner was asking about) would take far too long and has nothing to do with what this board is about. Also, there’s a lot of information available on that subject and I think it’s far better that people do their own research rather than expect someone else to do it and then just hand the answer to them on a plate, as it were.

tommystooge
Killer
Killer

Post by tommystooge » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:45 am

A_MichaelUK wrote:>But not too lazy to write your too lazy to do so??? Why not help the guy out?? just wondering...

Because to explain the concept of palimony (which is what Gunner was asking about) would take far too long and has nothing to do with what this board is about. Also, there’s a lot of information available on that subject and I think it’s far better that people do their own research rather than expect someone else to do it and then just hand the answer to them on a plate, as it were.
But your apparently the "Expert", I thought people come to you for answers regarding all things Alice, maybe they have other things in their day to do and don't have the time to sit and research everything...isn't this forum here to help each other and discuss the matters on each thread...
Remember The Coop !!

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:36 pm

Went to google, typed in "palimony" and a second later I had http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palimony which I assume will explain what it is (I haven't read it, there are obviously a lot of other links).

I read Gunner's question as refering to Palimony in general rather then the specifics of Alice's case, so why Andy would need to supply such general information I don`t know as no one has ever suggested he is a lawyer or expert on such things.

He is also not obligated to supply any info to anyone, Alice related or not. Not sure why you would assume he was.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:52 pm

>But your apparently the "Expert",

Who says so?

>I thought people come to you for answers regarding all things Alice,

Who says so?

>maybe they have other things in their day to do and don't have the time to sit and research

So are you saying it's fine to ask someone else to do it who may also be busy?

>isn't this forum here to help each other

Who says so?

> and discuss the matters on each thread...

I think Si covered that pretty well.

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:31 pm

Si and Andy are correct, I was declaring my curiosity regarding the law with a somewhat rhetorical question if I am honest.

tommystooge
Killer
Killer

Post by tommystooge » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:53 am

To quote Andy

WHO SAYS SO
Remember The Coop !!

tommystooge
Killer
Killer

Post by tommystooge » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:00 am

>He is also not obligated to supply any info to anyone, Alice related or not. Not sure why you would assume he was.[/quote]

Then why would he post anything? Is it just to say "look I know the answer"...???

I'm not assuming anything, it just seems he needs to put his two cents in on everything, but doesn't answer anything...what is the point in that? That's all I'm saying...why not be helpful instead...
Remember The Coop !!

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:07 am

tommystooge wrote:>He is also not obligated to supply any info to anyone, Alice related or not. Not sure why you would assume he was.
Then why would he post anything? Is it just to say "look I know the answer"...???

I'm not assuming anything, it just seems he needs to put his two cents in on everything, but doesn't answer anything...what is the point in that? That's all I'm saying...why not be helpful instead...[/quote]

That would be too easy.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:57 am

>Then why would he post anything? Is it just to say "look I know the answer"...???

I have the right to pick and choose when I reply and why, the same as everyone else does and as Si explained, the concept behind palimony can be looked up very quickly.

> just seems he needs to put his two cents in on everything,

No. That's just you being defensive.

>but doesn't answer anything...

REALLY?! Are you sure?! Go back and read some previous posts.

>what is the point in that? That's all I'm saying...why not be helpful instead...

How about people try and help themselves before they ask someone else to do it? If Gunner had said "I've looked every for information on palimony but can't find anything", I would probably given him some kind of explanation. Again and it happens in many threads here, people want someone to just hand over the answer to them, when the answer can be easily obtained.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:58 am

>That would be too easy.

No. Actually it's "too easy" to get someone else to find out information one can find out for themselves with little difficulty.

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:48 am

To quote Andy

WHO SAYS SO
Says what???
If Gunner had said "I've looked every for information on palimony but can't find anything", I would probably given him some kind of explanation. Again and it happens in many threads here, people want someone to just hand over the answer to them, when the answer can be easily obtained.
Look everybody, when I said 'I didn't understand this palimony thing' (or words to that effect), it suggests that I don't 'get it' (can't see the justification involved), don't agree with it, not that I haven't read about what is IS exactly! And it certainly is not a question for an explanation from someone. The bit at the end about 'somebody may tell me', means just that; that I believe it is likely that someone MAY have wanted to furnish me with finer details - that's all! It's not a request based on laziness, I read philosophy and science for about 70% of my spare time.

Let's get a grip here please and start to read what people put, providing they are articulate enough to express themselves coherently in the first instance. I think you'll find that often the general problem here is ambiguous wording and misinterpretation - basically communication skills. Andy picks up on it a lot, and is quite often correct in doing so actually.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:39 am

Sad she passed away. Not sure if Alice has commented or not.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:01 am

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:47 pm

pitkin88 wrote:Sad she passed away. Not sure if Alice has commented or not.
Really? What would you expect him to say?
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:35 pm

RIP Cindy,
Sorry that you're gone. :(
That's what I have to say.
D&C
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

darkmenace
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by darkmenace » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:51 pm

It's strange how some people get stuck in your mind as eternally young and it's jarring when reality sets in and you hear they died. She seemed like a fine woman.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:30 am

Dannorama wrote:
pitkin88 wrote:Sad she passed away. Not sure if Alice has commented or not.
Really? What would you expect him to say?

Yes. I am not sure if he has commented. I have no idea what he would say. What the hell is wrong with you?

danielleV
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by danielleV » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:23 pm

hi
"I know Danielle!", Alice Cooper, Paris 2017