Poison (live)

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Poison (live)

Post by Gunner » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:48 pm

It has never worked live for me. Apart from the heavy production (that is difficult to re-create live), Alice's voice live these days struggles with that kind of thing. Also, don't forget, it is VERY likely that the 'fistful' version will have been re-mixed and may well have overdubbs, so don't really judge that as a live version.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:01 pm

SickThings wrote:I have since the first time I heard it.
Ok, that's one.

:laugh:
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

andreweasby
Trash
Trash

Post by andreweasby » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:34 pm

SickThings wrote:
bigbradwolf wrote:the perfomance on strictly was alice singing but the rest of it was the original in the background. the band were just 'pretending to play'.
All true, except, if memory serves, the music was actually a new version recorded when the Alice Does Alice tracks were recorded. That version of "Poison" hasn't been released, but it was used for that show.

Hunter
I still have doubts cause it is pretty similar, but I'm quite sure the Alice does Alice version of the song is one of the downloadable tracks of Guitar Hero, just had a go and had to turn the vocals right up to tell, but unless it was just the original edited weirdly, it actually sounded really good, and Alice sang the original part which he doesn't do live anymore for the chorus.
It is a shame the vocals on this song for both Alice and the band have dropped, but there would be a lot of unhappy fans if it was removed. It's a song much like School's out that turns into a party for the crowd.

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:55 pm

The re-recorded version is definitely on Guitar Hero.

Here's a story from the guy who more or less oversaw the recording including the audio track and talks about working with Alice.

http://theherofeed.com/1657/thf-exclusi ... er-on-dlc/
Me = Winning

tommystooge
Killer
Killer

Post by tommystooge » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:48 am

Poison is the absolute worst Alice song, whenever I see Alice I have to sit down until it's over...I'm glad it was a hit for him, but studio or live it's terrible...then again there is Thrill My Gorilla or House Of Fire...Give me DaDa any day. I would love if Alice pulled out some of the songs from Zipper or Dada...
Remember The Coop !!

GarryW
Trash
Trash

Post by GarryW » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:33 pm

Looking at my dvd for Trashes The World, it seems that the song used to be really good live, but for some reason in the last ten years or so it has become his weakest live song.

I agree that it is essentual to the setlist, but it's one of his few songs that is underwhelming when he plays it live.