W2MN in North America??

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

shock rock
Killer
Killer

Re: W2MN in North America??

Post by shock rock » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:20 pm

The press conference in London, debuting new songs is something i hope he does again.With the show canceled in Madrid,Alice and Co. have almost a month off before the NA leg of the tour in August.Then another few weeks before he teams up with Van Halen In Australia.This could bode well for some promotion ,like the aforementioned press conference.Seems to me,that the " powers that be" are taking the wholeW2MN endeavour quite seriously,which i applaud!
You Can Take My Head And Cut It Off
But You Ain't Gonna Change My Mind

shock rock
Killer
Killer

Post by shock rock » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:29 pm

Alice and the band are back in the US,and the band are currently on a 3 week break.The North American promotion end of things,should commence soon (i hope) Maybe an advance single will be released in the coming weeks.

A rock renaissance could well be on its way, with Alice,Van Halen,Chickenfoot,RHCP,Dream Theater,Soundgarden,Anthrax and Megadeth slated for new releases over the next few months.

shock rock
Killer
Killer

Post by shock rock » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:35 pm

.......also Metallica/Lou Reed collaboration ,plus KISS recording and Aerosmith in the writing stages.....a veritable deluge of rock on its way!!the time should/could be right for that "Under My Wheels" rocker.

steven15322
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by steven15322 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:42 pm

shock rock wrote:.......also Metallica/Lou Reed collaboration ,plus KISS recording and Aerosmith in the writing stages.....a veritable deluge of rock on its way!!the time should/could be right for that "Under My Wheels" rocker.

Also new ZZ TOP (produced by Rick Rubin) in the works as well.
Before you burn your mark on me
I'll carve mine in your face

shock rock
Killer
Killer

Post by shock rock » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:05 pm

Anyone here know whats going on in Aliceland theses next couple of weeks,as far as Nightmare 2 promotion goes??I know the next leg of the tour starts in August,and Ernie C.is putting the finishes touches on the album cover and all that encompasses.With all the promotion that went on overseas,just wondering if anything is,or might be in the works in the US?Maybe Andy can or can't help us with this

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:27 am

I don't know for sure, but I would imagine that Alice could possibly pre-tape any late night performances (been done before) that could air when the new album comes out since he won't be stateside when the album releases.
Me = Winning

shock rock
Killer
Killer

Post by shock rock » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:10 am

WYM,do you think the climate is ready down there in the States,for a full blown Alice Cooper comeback? The key as i see it,is the hype and promotion.Will there be a "buzz" that the R&R inception created back in late winter to carry over to the fall?.i really hope this is Alice's brilliant year!

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:47 pm

shock rock wrote:WYM,do you think the climate is ready down there in the States,for a full blown Alice Cooper comeback? The key as i see it,is the hype and promotion.Will there be a "buzz" that the R&R inception created back in late winter to carry over to the fall?.i really hope this is Alice's brilliant year!
I guess it sort of depends on your definition of 'comeback'....and what kind of expectations you have. Higher sales? Renewed name recognition? The new Justin Beiber?

shock rock
Killer
Killer

Post by shock rock » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:26 pm

This may be wishful thinking,but i would like the "whole schmeer" for Alice.The recognition,sales,respect,radio play ect,and to push aside these non entities (Justin Beiber) and give people some decent "ear candy".For a number of years now,i have really desiderated a great Alice Cooper cd,a desire for him to add to his legacy before as Shoesalesman aptly put it..Hang up the snake"The big Alice years started with Bob Ezrin,and might conclude with Bob,likewise the ACG ,,kinda bookending his career so to speak,,,,time will tell

btw,,,,,,,GNDM..i like your "signature"

Roxanne
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Roxanne » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:50 pm

He said in his radio show, that the upcoming USA dates are NOT the Nightmare 2 tour, because the album isn't out yet...

But maybe he will do the new show in Europe after the album is out...?
"But if you talk in the movies I'll kill you right there"

Awakening
Killer
Killer

Post by Awakening » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:26 pm

Roxanne wrote:He said in his radio show, that the upcoming USA dates are NOT the Nightmare 2 tour, because the album isn't out yet...

But maybe he will do the new show in Europe after the album is out...?
I Wish we have a chance. I will be at the Paris gig.
If it's not the Nightmare 2 tour, may be could we have one more song from the album in the set.

It was the case during the Psycho-Drama Tour with Vengeance Is Mine and (In Touch With) Your Feminide Side after all.

shock rock
Killer
Killer

Post by shock rock » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:52 pm

I don't think the cd will sell that well Stateside.It seems EVERYBODY IS BUYING THE FAN PACK from the UK!!!.... :evil:

shock rock
Killer
Killer

Post by shock rock » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:43 am

According to the Morton Report "Welcome 2 My Nightmare is scheduled for CD,DD, and LP release September 13 via HIP -O Records in the US.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:34 am

Strange. :headcutoff:

So the cd comes in the US on september 13th. This is the same date as the fanpack. And later in his report he mention the cdrelease as october ???

It's late here maybe I'm not reading it good???

Devon
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by Devon » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:55 am

Hipo records is a sub label of Universal's dealing with old compilation releases.

shock rock
Killer
Killer

Post by shock rock » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:03 am

I looked that up too.I sent the article to Si to post.I had to read the article several times,because i too,thought i was reading it wrong.

shock rock
Killer
Killer

Post by shock rock » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:20 am

Thats what i thought!!..But that might explain why the NA tour ends August 27th,,,,,,then does not commence until the end of Sept.leaving a few weeks in there to possibly promote the album.....just a thought

steven15322
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by steven15322 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:33 am

So the way i am reading it is it will come out in the U.S Sept 13th which is a Tues and new releases here do get put out on Tuesdays so maybe it is correct?

It looks like that for the UK to get it on Sept 16 it would need to be ordered by the fanpack? otherwise it gets released a month later in the UK?

As for the record label?? I have no idea hmmmmm?

steven15322
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by steven15322 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:50 am

Here is a link I found for some of HIP -O Records releases

http://www.discogs.com/label/Hip-O+Records

I do see a Motley Crue, Rob Zombie Presents The Words & The Music Of Frankenstein, Pete Townshend, Scorpions, 38 Special... Well maybe soon to Alice?

Just looked again and I see Ringo Starrs newest release YNot released in 2010 in that list.

Devon
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by Devon » Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:05 am

Alot of those were archived/vintage releases that you're seeing. Well, then there's Ringo Starrs' new album.. that charted high at the bottom of the charts.