Top 5 AC albums

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Top 5 AC albums

Post by Gunner » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:58 pm

Alice did a really super press conference at Download/Donnington last weekend, and it's well worth checking out on YouTube if you have not already. In the Q&A session, he claims that Welcome 2 My Nightmare is one of his 5 best albums. What do you think, he thinks the others are??? AND, does he mean 'solo'??

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Top 5 AC albums

Post by recoop » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:44 pm

Careful gunner.we're heading back to "entity" territory..you're on a roll of popularity at the mo with your dada posting..haha..however I would guess he might go

1. Killer
2. LITD
3. BDB
4. Welcome
5. From the Inside

OK I've no idea (I would choose BDB first personally)
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by James1981 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:14 pm

However if we were just talking solo i guess it might be something like....

1. Welcome to my nightmare
2.From the Inside
3.The Last Temptation
4. Brutal Planet
5. Welcome 2 My Nightmare
Boomshanka

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:19 pm

Well James, those first four solos are crackers..lets hope your no5 is the best..couldnt access press conference Gunner mentioned..have you a link Gunner that you can give?
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:56 pm

1.) billion dollar babies

2.)welcome to my nightmare

3.)killer

4.)last temptation

5.)from the inside

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:01 am

From the Inside
Love it To Death
The Last Temptation
Welcome to My Nightmare
Brutal Planet

(Billion Dollar Babies get an honorable mention)

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:21 am

Careful gunner.we're heading back to "entity" territory..you're on a roll of popularity at the mo with your dada posting..haha
:laugh:

If he does mean 'solo' - and I suspect he might because if he meant 'everything' you would include all the ACG stuff from LITD to B$B + Welcome To My Nightmare I suspect - then I would guess he is including;
  • Welcome to my nightmare
  • Trash
  • From The Inside
  • Eyes
plus another, but I really don't know. I personally would have DaDa in there myself, but I wouldn't have Trash or Eyes.

It's a big call from him whichever way you look at it, so I supsect this forthcoming album is sh1t hot actually! Really am quite excited about it now, and that's unusual for me.........don't respond to that last bit! :)

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:01 am

>What do you think, he thinks the others are???

As I think may have been stated before, he often cites "Love It To Death", "Killer" and "From The Inside", although I think he might include "Welcome To My Nightmare", "The Last Temptation" and "Brutal Planet" also.

Roxanne
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Roxanne » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:20 pm

He said From The Inside is one of his favourite albums.
"But if you talk in the movies I'll kill you right there"

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:27 pm

I'm pretty damn confident that Coops is inlcuding 'Welcome To My Nightmare' so if it is all Alice Cooper's work, then I reckon it's (and I take Andy's word for this); "Love It To Death", "Killer", "From The Inside" and BOTH nightmare albums. IF, solo, then I reckon it's (again, taking Andys' word for it) "The Last Temptation", "Brutal Planet", both Nightmare efforts and............"Trash"??? My personal choice of best 'solo' would be FTI, FTF, DADA, BRUTAL and possibly this new one, but if not, it would be 'Lace & Whisky' would you believe??

homerx
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by homerx » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:51 pm

One could argue Welcome 2 my Nightmare is The Alice Cooper band considering a few songs were done by the orginal members

shock rock
Killer
Killer

Post by shock rock » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:42 pm

Thats interesting,no mention of Billion Dollar Babies....nonethless good company for W2MN!!
You Can Take My Head And Cut It Off
But You Ain't Gonna Change My Mind

ThePainAddict
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by ThePainAddict » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:13 pm

Not to throw a damper on the entusiasm, but I would imagine Alice, and most other artists, would talk about any upcoming release as one of their best lps.

shock rock
Killer
Killer

Post by shock rock » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:18 am

Your right ThePainAddict.you do hear the same trite comments from most bands,when they are working on a new record.But we have heard very auspicious remarks made from Ernie Cefalu (to say the least) Dick Wagner and Bob Ezrin ,who said W2NM should be made into a musical.

Maybe there should be a "listening party" for the Sickthing moderators.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:40 am

he did say in an interview in the 1980s on BBC Radio School's Out & Billion Dollar Babies though fuelled by alcohol were his best works, of course that was before The Last Temptation & Brutal Planet as Andy mentioned
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:17 am

Yes, artists DO 'talk up' an upcoming album, of course they do, but you sense they really mean it this time, and when one considers all the factors, it does sound like a very promising work - even to a cynic like me!!

shock rock
Killer
Killer

Post by shock rock » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:12 pm

Furthermore, Alice used the term "masterpiece" when describing W2MN.a word i don't recall him ever using for a upcoming release.Karen Hunter just said "it will be awesome" in her recent Blog.

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:03 pm

Gunner wrote: and............"Trash"???
I'd be very surprised if Alice thought this was in his Top 5 solo albums. I remember reading an interview where he suggested that recording the album was quite a chore.

ThePainAddict
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by ThePainAddict » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:16 pm

My point wasn't just that all artists hype their upcoming releases,that is given. What I meant is that when you are in the writing and recording stage of any project your perception of the music in relation to other projects is very jaded. You can get euphoria from your new creations and lose perspective. I remember reading an interview with Ezrin prior to L&W and he described it as heavier than the last two lps. Likewise, Alice prior to BP spoke as if it was a very new, hard & heavy sound. Upon release, we found that musically it was just the E dropped to D on the guitars, just like every nu metal band had been doing for years, although new for Alice, not groundbreaking or necessarily even heavier than the "metal years".

I am still very enthusiastic about this LP, but I guess my estimation of his top 5, or even top 10, releases is so high that it would take quite a project to crack that list. If this ranks in my top 15, I would be very happy indeed.

Steven Lee Cooper
Killer
Killer

Post by Steven Lee Cooper » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:38 pm

A bit difficult to say what albums Alice would put in a personal Top 5 of his.
He frenquently cites From The Inside as his favorite, says Da Da was his most personal ever, and said in Godmine (may 2000) that The Last Temptation is one of his favourites.... and would he include only albums from 1975 to present by the way ?
But like most of us here, I can't help having high expectations from the new album, especially with all that's been said to us already .... I don't think such a hype is a good thing because, what if it doesn't live at all to what we hope it should be ? I tend to trust Ezrin and everything I've heard by now about this album, and I love the new song, but it still scares me a bit, I have to say. I know I would like it to have certain elements (of style and sound) in the album, and also to really avoid certain others... but there's nothing you can do about it one way or another !

25 years ago, Alice did all he thought he had to do to meet mass expectations, in order to make a BIG come-back according to the current popular trends.... today he's about to try and please another stream of people : HIS ! And that is even more difficult !
Steven Lee Cooper peeks in the forums when he feels really brave....