Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

on this day in 75

Post by steven_crayn » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:02 pm

Alice fell from the stage and broke six ribs in Vancouver
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Re: on this day in 75

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:21 pm

He still had difficulty in Liverpool that Sept hitting the high notes on OWB.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:38 pm

remember the older kids in school telling me how great the Liverpool gig was, never been so jealous in my life
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:21 pm

It was like I willed Alice to come to Liverpool which was the only English stop on the tour besides London. Unforgettable night.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:45 pm

remember listening to a French radio station on longwave broadcasting a French show on the tour and how great it sounded different to the album but still great. I read Sylvie Simmons review from LA Forum in one of the music papers on my paper round but had to wait 7 years before I got to see Alice when he was next to come back to these shores and I was going to gigs, times like that you wish your folks were into the Coop or had an older brother or sister!

this should bring back memories

http://www.concertphotos.uk.com/aliceco ... per75l.htm

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:03 pm

Alice fell from the stage and broke six ribs in Vancouver
I think this should be offered as 'solace' for Andy Sixx who did something similar only 4 days ago. It happens to the best of them Andy boy.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:29 am

steven_crayn wrote:remember listening to a French radio station on longwave broadcasting a French show on the tour and how great it sounded different to the album but still great. I read Sylvie Simmons review from LA Forum in one of the music papers on my paper round but had to wait 7 years before I got to see Alice when he was next to come back to these shores and I was going to gigs, times like that you wish your folks were into the Coop or had an older brother or sister!

Thanks for that. I was in the 4th row. Tickets were only available by check. I was in a blind panic as no one in my family had a checking account so I had to go to my mums uncle who wrote the Check for me. I think the max ticket price was two pounds fifty pence.

I should add that The Heavy Metal Kids were great in support.

Jason
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jason » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:20 am

steven_crayn wrote:remember listening to a French radio station on longwave broadcasting a French show on the tour and how great it sounded different to the album but still great. I read Sylvie Simmons review from LA Forum in one of the music papers on my paper round but had to wait 7 years before I got to see Alice when he was next to come back to these shores and I was going to gigs, times like that you wish your folks were into the Coop or had an older brother or sister!

Speaking of the L.A. Forum show, just found these two audio tracks on Youtube, good sound:

Billion Dollar Babies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGvjpUJpWFg

The Black Widow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3BG22gwN-Y

Enjoy! :rock:
"Same as always, different as ever"

DaveJay
Killer
Killer

Post by DaveJay » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:31 am

The Empire Liverpool was my First ever Alice show....absolutely stunning introduction to the man Live.
Top price ticket was indeed £2.50 ( still got my "Stub").
My dad got the tickets for me ( Via postal ordering only, at the time, which annoyed me a little, as I could have queued at the box office overnight quite easily...so I had to take "pot luck" on actually getting any.
Eventually 2 tickets arrived in the Mail.

Oddly, NONE of my friends at the time were interested in the "Spare" ticket I had at all....( it was only my second ever concert back then, so I didn't really know about trying to sell it outside, or stuff like that...) so I asked my Mam if she would like to come along!!
( she was quite the Alice fan anyway....she had no choice, what with me playing the Coop's records every day!! she also gave me the money to buy my first Alice album ( Killer, second hand...).

So, she agreed to supply the "Guiness" in the local pub beforehand, and off we went!!
Outside in the Empire queue, a lot of people were looking for spare tickets, and my mam said I could sell hers if I wanted....but I knew she was secretly looking forward to the show, so I kept hold of it.
( I vividly remember some chap dressed as David Bowie @1973 "Image", begging everyone for a spare....but, If maybe he had bothered to dress as Alice, he just MIGHT have got Lucky with my spare ...)
My Mam absolutely LOVED the Heavy Metal kids ( So Did I....a VASTLY underrated band....).
The atmosphere before Alice took to the stage was amazing....the tension seemed to fill the theatre...
The "magic screen" effect was just stunning!!
I also remember Alice teasing someone in the front row by offering them a Helium-filled balloon, only to let it go free as they reached out to take it....Naughty Man!!.
A Great show indeed, thanks for all the memories that this "Thread" has brought back....
Billion Dollar Boobles!!!

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:21 pm

Both the '75 L.A. Forum show and the '78 Saginaw show can be listened to for free from Wolfgang's Vault.

Hunter

Jason
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jason » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:43 am

SickThings wrote:Both the '75 L.A. Forum show and the '78 Saginaw show can be listened to for free from Wolfgang's Vault.

Hunter

Thanks Hunter! I listened to both on my headphones! Thanks for the link. :rock:
"Same as always, different as ever"

tommystooge
Killer
Killer

Post by tommystooge » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:35 am

pitkin88 wrote:

Thanks for that. I was in the 4th row. Tickets were only available by check. I was in a blind panic as no one in my family had a checking account so I had to go to my mums uncle who wrote the Check for me. I think the max ticket price was two pounds fifty pence.

I should add that The Heavy Metal Kids were great in support.
Love The Heavy Metal Kids, they were great...Gary Holton was an awesome frontman, he had an Alice quality to him, check out this video:

http://youtu.be/EnNKgbrc9jI
Remember The Coop !!