Pre-Order W2MN Fan Pack - UK

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Pre-Order W2MN Fan Pack - UK

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:06 pm

Indeed. It's mind boggling to me how anyone could have a problem with this.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:45 pm

Well looks like the disagreements are taken care of now, so let's say we go back to discussing the FanPack itself here.
Me = Winning

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:00 pm

i've ordered 2 of these, got a feeling these will become quite the collectors items!

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by James1981 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:10 pm

While Heaven Wept wrote:i've ordered 2 of these, got a feeling these will become quite the collectors items!
Yes if you look on ebay you quite often see the Slash one going for upwards of £80.
Boomshanka

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:33 pm

£10 too much for a CD? You should try HMV, €25 for an album. And we are getting the album earlier, so I don't understand how we're being "kidded"?
You are being kidded to pay a little more for it, and not to download it. You are getting it early, well you think you are. You are not understanding my point. I am not talking about the cost in relation to other outlets, or the price you are prepared to pay. Oh, please, it doesn't matter!
..As far as I am aware, NOBODY is being forced at Gunpoint to buy this
That isn't the point at all!!!
Indeed. It's mind boggling to me how anyone could have a problem with this.

It's mind boggling how you can not understand my point. The fact that you don't have a problem with it, is the problem itself, and you are the people driving prices up.
i've ordered 2 of these, got a feeling these will become quite the collectors items!
I rest my case. Just listen to the album and forget about having something someone else hasn't got eh? ::((:

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:50 pm

Sorry Gunner but you seem to be completely alone in this one. You logic is completely flawed as it's based on things that are simply incorrect.
No one is being ripped off by this at all. If people WANT to buy two copies, or more, it's completly up to them. 99.9% of people won`t, but more people will likely buy this ONE copy of an Alice Cooper album, thanks to the fan pack, then have bought any other Coop album in 20 years. This can`t be anything but a good thing.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:06 pm

I'm not interested in the magazine at all. I would buy it in a heartbeat if it was all original band stuff. I'm a bit dubious about the whole album truth be told. Too many guests is never a good sign. I was really looking forward to AC/MB/NS and DD but it now looks like it's one song and not three. I think I want to hear before I blindly buy.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:10 pm

And you have that opportunity so no problem.

ReGorLaTroy
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by ReGorLaTroy » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:47 pm

I was able to order the Fan Pack for United States delivery...took careful navigating...but mission accomplished!

I ordered a couple of copies...one to save, one to crack open and enjoy!

It is so good to see Alice get this kind of support from what I consider to be the best source for all things rock.

September seems a long way off...something to look forward to after the three New Jersey and one Pittsburgh gigs in August.

Good days to be a Coop fan to say the least!

~Peace, love, Coop,

RGLT :8):
"I'm a gambler, and I'm a runner..."

shock rock
Killer
Killer

Post by shock rock » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:59 pm

This is a must for any perfervid fan like myself!!I look forward to this BIG TIME,because how many more Alice albums will there be to look forward to down the way?? I wholeheartedly give a "thumbs up" to the Fan pack and all that will entail.
You Can Take My Head And Cut It Off
But You Ain't Gonna Change My Mind

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:20 am

Si wrote:And you have that opportunity so no problem.

Absolutely.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:36 am

pitkin88 wrote:I think I want to hear before I blindly buy.
Wow.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

steven15322
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by steven15322 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:27 am

[quote Wow.[/quote]

You can say that again.
Before you burn your mark on me
I'll carve mine in your face

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:40 am

Well the last album stunk and it has been awhile since TEOAC.

steven15322
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by steven15322 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:53 am

pitkin88 wrote:Well the last album stunk and it has been awhile since TEOAC.
Yeah but look who is involved in this release...too many good people for it to suck. I doubt it will be terrible especially compared to ACAS....And yes TEOAC is a good album and holds up pretty well.
Before you burn your mark on me
I'll carve mine in your face

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:41 am

pack sounds interesting, what are the mags generally like? are they a good number of pages? do they put in a good effort w/ them or are they mostly recycled pics etc? I've got the metal hammer Coop/motorhead edition, just wondering how much new/better stuff i might expect from this new mag?
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:26 am

Gunner, i find it interesting that you can't/haven't/won't explain any of your points properly.

So lets look at your 'points'.

You say we are being 'kidded' to pay more for the album than we should.

How do you work that out? We are being offered the opportunity to buy the album plus an exclusive magazine filled with Alice content for around £15. No-one is kidding anyone, we are all people of free-will and it is completely your choice whether we buy it.

What is it that you find so offensive? Is it because you think Alice and his people are trying to make money out of this? Well let me tell you something....THEY ARE TRYING TO MAKE MONEY OUT OF THIS! It is called being an artist and they are working purely on supply & demand. They have come up with a product that I (the consumer) wish to buy at a price that I am prepared to pay. If you are not prepared to pay for it then that's up to you, but don't have a hissy-fit about someone (Alice) trying to earn money from his craft.

You also state that 'we think we're getting the album early'. Well, actually..... i KNOW that we're getting the album early, no thinking involved! I have no idea what your point is here!

And lastly, you said "Just listen to the album and forget about having something someone else hasn't got eh?".

What on Earth are you trying to state here? Are you just annoyed that the UK are getting this album before the rest of the world? If so, then i'm sure you could find a way around this if you used your brain a little (and i don't mean doing anything illegal).

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:18 am

What on Earth are you trying to state here? Are you just annoyed that the UK are getting this album before the rest of the world? If so, then i'm sure you could find a way around this if you used your brain a little (and i don't mean doing anything illegal).
And tha doesn`t hold up either, as anyone in the world can order a copy it seems.

charlie2times
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by charlie2times » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:54 pm

I think the thing to get really pissed off about is the extras that are on the ipad version.

I just hope to god it's worth all the hype.

I love Alice, and have been an avid follower ever since i was 10, almost 36 years ago, BUT i haven't liked anything he's done since Dragontown.
So i'll be buying the fanpack for all the Alice stuff in the mag, and praying i'll like some of the music as well.

ThePainAddict
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by ThePainAddict » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:05 pm

"BUT i haven't liked anything he's done since Dragontown."
Another "Wow", you may want to follow Pitkin's advice
"I think I want to hear before I blindly buy."

While ACaS was one of my lower rated Alice lps, I still found enough in it (in terms of lyrics, presentation, and even musical) to continue my justification in purchasing every Alice release. I have yet to purchase an Alice lp that I regret buying, although obviously I don't rank them all equally.
I just think it odd that you would like everything Alice did for around 30 years, but then not find anything in the last 4 releases to enjoy (at least,to the point of justifying ownership).