Pre-Order W2MN Fan Pack - UK

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

shock rock
Killer
Killer

Re: Pre-Order W2MN Fan Pack - UK

Post by shock rock » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:44 pm

I put a lot of faith in Bob Ezrin,he will bring the best out of the Coop.
You Can Take My Head And Cut It Off
But You Ain't Gonna Change My Mind

shock rock
Killer
Killer

Post by shock rock » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:44 pm

I put a lot of faith in Bob Ezrin,he will bring the best out of the Coop.
You Can Take My Head And Cut It Off
But You Ain't Gonna Change My Mind

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:24 am

shock rock wrote:I put a lot of faith in Bob Ezrin,he will bring the best out of the Coop.

I hope so but we also have some country artist, Desmond Bloody Child and Janie Lane.

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:51 am

"some country artist"? I suggest you check out some Vince Gill videos on YouTube. He's a great musician, and just because he's "country" doesn't mean the album will sound "country."

Hunter

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:21 am

SickThings wrote:and just because he's "country" doesn't mean the album will sound "country."
Well said. There's many rock people who contribute on country albums and they still sound country. Same applies the other way around I'd imagine.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:25 am

SickThings wrote:"some country artist"? I suggest you check out some Vince Gill videos on YouTube. He's a great musician, and just because he's "country" doesn't mean the album will sound "country."

Hunter

I never said it would. I really don't need to check out Vince Gill as I don't like that new sanitized type of country. I do like Country by the way: Cash/Nelson/Emmy Lou/The Knitters/Those Darlins/Uncle Earl.

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:09 am

Then you should clarify what you meant in regards to that comment maybe. He's a good musician whose preference of performance is in the country genre. However, his performance with Alice at the Predators game a few months ago was excellent I thought and actually, never having followed his work closely, I didn't realize how good of a guitar player he was. Alice even commented that he "shreds" on the new album. So if his contribution is merely playing a solo I'm not sure how you can paint him as a negative for the album.

Jani Lane is okay. I don't follow him or Warrant closely, but he did co-write a song that made it on to "Along Came A Spider" with "The One That Got Away." I thought that was one of the better songs on the album, and from what I've heard the original Saints of the Underground version is actually even better!

Desmond will be okay, if his contribution even made it through I think.
Me = Winning

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:13 am

Vince Gill can play man, as Alice said Nashville is not just the country music capital these days.

Steve Hunter & Bob Ezrin live there now and a country guitar influence is nothing new on an Alice record just have a listen to Steve Hunter's pedal steel solo on Hello Hooray it is awesome and it's roots are in country as is the solo on Give The Kid A Break.
It's all rock n roll at the end of the day and I don't hear many people complaining about The Eagles Hotel California which is country rock but one of the greatest songs ever recorded.
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:48 am

steven_crayn wrote:I don't hear many people complaining about The Eagles Hotel California which is country rock but one of the greatest songs ever recorded.
"Hotel California" is country? I know a lot of the early Eagles stuff was very country influenced, but by this time they'd moved firmly into rock.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

charlie2times
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by charlie2times » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:56 pm

ThePainAddict wrote:"BUT i haven't liked anything he's done since Dragontown."
Another "Wow", you may want to follow Pitkin's advice
"I think I want to hear before I blindly buy."

While ACaS was one of my lower rated Alice lps, I still found enough in it (in terms of lyrics, presentation, and even musical) to continue my justification in purchasing every Alice release. I have yet to purchase an Alice lp that I regret buying, although obviously I don't rank them all equally.
I just think it odd that you would like everything Alice did for around 30 years, but then not find anything in the last 4 releases to enjoy (at least,to the point of justifying ownership).
My tastes have got more extreme as i've got older, but i still don't get bored of the old Alice stuff.

I thought ACAS was better than Dirty Diamonds or Eyes, but that's not saying much, as i hate those albums with a passion (pee time at gigs). Maybe i don't like the so called 'garage rock' way they leaned.
I love Alice when he breaks new ground, rather than treading water.

I hope Bob Ezrin, wagner and hunter, along with the original boys have a great influence on the new album, and not Desmond bloody Child, cause anything he touches turns to MOR.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:53 am

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
steven_crayn wrote:I don't hear many people complaining about The Eagles Hotel California which is country rock but one of the greatest songs ever recorded.
"Hotel California" is country? I know a lot of the early Eagles stuff was very country influenced, but by this time they'd moved firmly into rock.
But still with a country influence just listen to that album you telling me 'New Kid in Town' isn't a country song?! in fact it was even covered by Trisha Yearwood an award winning country artist.

The Eagles always had a country influenece even when they went more into rock in fact with Poco they defined the early genre of Country Rock.

If anyone hasn't heard 'Rose Of Cimarron' by Poco it sounds like the Eagles or vice versa!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADs4DkGTe2I
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

Gorehound
Blonde and Proud butler
Blonde and Proud butler

Post by Gorehound » Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:22 pm

This may be a blonde question (and I'm sorry if I missed a post on this already but I couldn't see one), but do you have to have an IPad to get hold of the IPad version of the pack, or is it possible to obtain it just using your PC?

If you can only get it through an actual IPad I think I'll be missing out somehow :(
Flesh fanatic psychopath

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:29 pm

Good question. Haven`t a clue yet. Was hoping some more info would turn up before September.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:46 pm

steven_crayn wrote: But still with a country influence just listen to that album you telling me 'New Kid in Town' isn't a country song?! in fact it was even covered by Trisha Yearwood an award winning country artist.
I was referring to the song 'Hotel California' as that's what you referred to, the song.

I hear absolutely nothing country in the song 'Hotel California' but that's just my opinion.
steven_crayn wrote: If anyone hasn't heard 'Rose Of Cimarron' by Poco it sounds like the Eagles or vice versa!
Not too surprising considering that former member Randy Meisner was a founding member of the Eagles.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:05 pm

>do you have to have an IPad to get hold of the IPad version of the pack

I think so.

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by James1981 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:55 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>do you have to have an IPad to get hold of the IPad version of the pack

I think so.
My partner was hinting that she wants an i pad for her birthday. I guess thats her present sorted then :devil:
Boomshanka

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:12 am

A_MichaelUK wrote:>do you have to have an IPad to get hold of the IPad version of the pack

I think so.
Correct, because PCs do not have ways to run Apps for iPod/iPads. Although there is a good chance you can run the iPad app on you iPod Touch if you have one. I believe most iPad apps can run on iPod Touches anyway.
Me = Winning

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:44 am

James1981 wrote:
wind_up_toy wrote:
Agree that the standard release should come out at the same time though, this would surely boost the chart position?
I dont think the fan pack counts towards chart position. Im sure there is some stoopid rule regarding this.
I don't believe it's a rule, however since it's technically a Classic Rock Magazine product then the barcode scan will read it as a magazine purchase instead of a CD purchase, thus the sales will count toward the magazine.
Me = Winning

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:55 am

Gorehound wrote:This may be a blonde question (and I'm sorry if I missed a post on this already but I couldn't see one), but do you have to have an IPad to get hold of the IPad version of the pack, or is it possible to obtain it just using your PC?

If you can only get it through an actual IPad I think I'll be missing out somehow :(
As long as you have iTunes on your computer then I expect it will work fine. It should also work on the iPhone and iPod touch.
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:38 am

wind_up_toy wrote: As long as you have iTunes on your computer then I expect it will work fine.
Then you will be disappointed. iTunes is a file/app management program. It cannot be used to run apps written for the iPod/iPhone/iPad.
It should also work on the iPhone and iPod touch.
Only if it was written to work on those, too, which is probably isn't. It is true that most iPod/iPhone apps work on the iPad, but there are gobs of iPad apps that do not work on iPod/iPhone as they take advantage of iPad features (such as a much larger screen). I expect this will be an example of an iPad-only app, especially since it was announced as an iPad app.

Hunter