Pre-Order W2MN Fan Pack - UK

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Pre-Order W2MN Fan Pack - UK

Post by recoop » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:11 pm

I have pre ordered mine (and I'm a very canny scot)..looks to me like a good deal..and have ordered tickets for manchester on Oct 30th..so hopefully will hear some of it live...it all adds up for me :teach:
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

Sarah
Killer
Killer

Post by Sarah » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:22 pm

Same here, I think the whole idea is fantastic, and the price is very reasonable. I don't see anything to complain about, it's great for the fans. And we get it early!

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by James1981 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:24 pm

Im going to wait and order this through Amazon. Whenever i have ordered anything from future publishing in the past i have had to wait bloody ages for it.
Boomshanka

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:32 pm

DIMMA wrote:I guess you can´t please everybody all the time...
And some people can't be pleased any of the time.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:53 pm

How anyone can begrudge paying £5.00 more for a better presented CD, magazine all about Alice and probably a few other bits and pieces is beyond me. Alice is a self confessed capitalist so it's not like what is happening is a surprise is it?

Agree that the standard release should come out at the same time though, this would surely boost the chart position?
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by James1981 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:09 pm

wind_up_toy wrote:
Agree that the standard release should come out at the same time though, this would surely boost the chart position?
I dont think the fan pack counts towards chart position. Im sure there is some stoopid rule regarding this.
Boomshanka

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:56 pm

How anyone can begrudge paying £5.00 more for a better presented CD, magazine all about Alice and probably a few other bits and pieces is beyond me. Alice is a self confessed capitalist so it's not like what is happening is a surprise is it?
It's nothing to do with 'begrudge', that word is being used incorrectly. It's not a lot to do with capitalism either. It's inflating prices and exploiting, that's all. Not begrudging or anti-capitalist.

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:57 pm

REALLY??? I have never met a person like that...ever!! Have you??

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:02 pm

Same here, I think the whole idea is fantastic, and the price is very reasonable. I don't see anything to complain about, it's great for the fans. And we get it early!
Yes, it's a fantastic idea to pay £5 extra (as if £10 wasn't too much for a CD), to be kidded into thinking you are getting the album earlier. But then,of course, they will always do this whilst people let them.

Suspiria
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Suspiria » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:36 pm

Gunner wrote:
Yes, it's a fantastic idea to pay £5 extra (as if £10 wasn't too much for a CD), to be kidded into thinking you are getting the album earlier. But then,of course, they will always do this whilst people let them.
But you are getting the album earlier. One month earlier. I have also pre-ordered. Be nice to get some bonus tracks.
Neil Harrison.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:47 pm

Gunner wrote:
REALLY??? I have never met a person like that...ever!! Have you??
No, I've never met you.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:48 pm

Gunner wrote: Yes, it's a fantastic idea to pay £5 extra (as if £10 wasn't too much for a CD), to be kidded into thinking you are getting the album earlier. But then,of course, they will always do this whilst people let them.
Since you have such a deeply personal issue with this, I fully expect you to forego this option and wait until the general release in October.

Anything less would only be encouraging this type of thing from happening again in the future.

DIMMA
Killer
Killer

Post by DIMMA » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:03 pm

Gunner wrote:
"It's inflating prices and exploiting, that's all."

Really? That makes as much sense to me as the people who say that if you buy the OLD SCHOOL box set you are paying $260 for 4 CDs and 1 DVD! There´s a LOT more to it than that, as most people here have realized by now.

The fact is, if you are going to buy an all Alice Cooper issue of Classic Rock as well as the W2MN album separately, you will be paying MORE!

Gunner wrote: "Yes, it's a fantastic idea to pay £5 extra (as if £10 wasn't too much for a CD), to be kidded into thinking you are getting the album earlier."

This is not true and you know better.
First of all, the official release date has long been scheduled to be around Halloween in OCTOBER.
This you should know if you have followed the discussions on this board.

The fan pack however is released in September, catering to all the Alice fans who want to hear the album before the official release without having to resort to downloading it illegally from the internet.
And as for the price; I think £5 is a SMALL price to pay for an ALL Alice Cooper issue of Classic Rock magazine PLUS we get the album about a month earlier.

I am pre-ordering 2 W2MN Fan Packs and I certainly don´t feel I´m being exploited or ripped off as I am more than willing to participate with so little money for a great deal.

If this is "exploiting" people, all I can say is I hope Alice and his management keep "exploiting" us fans even more. I love it!

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:09 pm

everyones a winner,mag will be great and you hear the album before the October standard format release and it will boost sales of the album which you dont have to buy twice if you dont want and if you dont want to pre order the fan pack it will be in WH Smiths, so stop moaning Gunner it's Welcome 2 My Nightmare the album we have all been waiting for and it is gonna blow us all away so be happy man!
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:18 pm

Aren`t you going to address ANY of my reply to you Gunner? :(

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:46 pm

Si wrote:Aren`t you going to address ANY of my reply to you Gunner? :(
Si, he never answers my messages either.
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

Sarah
Killer
Killer

Post by Sarah » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:43 pm

Gunner wrote:
£10 too much for a CD? You should try HMV, €25 for an album. And we are getting the album earlier, so I don't understand how we're being "kidded"?

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:45 pm

As long as it is available in both formats I don't see the problem. At least they are affordable unlike the boxset.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:30 pm

Gunner wrote:
It's nothing to do with 'begrudge', that word is being used incorrectly. It's not a lot to do with capitalism either. It's inflating prices and exploiting, that's all. Not begrudging or anti-capitalist.
I think we'll agree to disagree then. I'm sure you'll enjoy the standard version of the album.
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

DaveJay
Killer
Killer

Post by DaveJay » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:56 am

..As far as I am aware, NOBODY is being forced at Gunpoint to buy this (...even by gun-totin' Chickens...) I say again, I think it's a great marketing idea, as, for all the "Quibbling" about it costing a little bit more than a regular CD release, it will still work out Cheaper for me to Buy in my local supermarket, than a Bus-trip to the nearest "Decent" record store, to see if they have actually bothered to get it in stock anyway. Plus, going by other peoples comments, other "fan packs" released by "Classic Rock" etc have been superb VFM.
I Just cannot wait to get hold of this....whatever date it is released...I am already counting the days until I go for the daily shop to the ( very)local supermarket, and to see Alice's face beaming back at me from the magazine racks......with a NEW album to hear too!!!!! :clap:
Billion Dollar Boobles!!!