Pre-Order W2MN Fan Pack - UK

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Loomis
Killer
Killer

Re: Pre-Order W2MN Fan Pack - UK

Post by Loomis » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:18 am

I just ordered mine. I almost thought about ordering two. One to look at and one to keep as a part of my very small collection.
Progressives are scariest thing on the planet.

Somwhere In Auckland
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Somwhere In Auckland » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:27 am

good idea with the 2 copies. I definatly wanna keep my one sealed to collection purposes but of course i wanna open one to read over :laugh:

Just orderd from New Zealand.

And on a side note, I really want to also get the old school box set, where would the best place be to get one from considering I live all the way on the other side of the world in New Zealand :grin:

thanks

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:29 am

Sorry guys, I havn't ordered yet becaue I've had a few tonight and wanna wait to figure out the best way to order from Canada. But I just wanted to say how cool I think it is that official orders for WTMN 2 have now been made. Seriously!!!
"THEY'RE NEVER GONNA FIND YOUR FACE"

- ALICE COOPER

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:04 am

>where would the best place be to get one from considering I live all the way on the other side of the world in New Zealand

Have you not been paying attention? If you go to
http://alicecooper.com/alice-cooper-box ... rest-world then you should find the information you need.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:05 am

>Have you not been paying attention?

Ignore my post above. For some reason I thought this was the box set thread.

For your territory, you might want to try your local magazine stockist.

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:09 am

The question actually was about the Old School Box Set....

Hunter

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:22 am

Sorry Si, I don't mean to come across as 'unhappy', on the contrary, I am very happy. I just think it is a marketing ploy to get people to pay more for the album than I believe they should - and for what? To hear in advance? Firstly, do you think that tracks won't be 'posted'/uploaded for anyone intrigued to hear the album before 'official' release? And, if we wait a year to hear it, what's another month anyway? AND, I wonder if the 'official release' hasn't been postoponed a month to cater for this?? It's all commercial nonsense and we shouldn't encourage it. That's my opinion, it's not meant to sound miserable, just thoughtful, that's all. There is a lot of kidology and manipulation in this society and often all for financial gain. The good part of it I suppose is that Alice gives a lot back to help people, so there is most definately a positive there.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:56 am

>The question actually was about the Old School Box Set....

No. That's the mistake I made.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:53 pm

Gunner wrote:Sorry Si, I don't mean to come across as 'unhappy', on the contrary, I am very happy. I just think it is a marketing ploy to get people to pay more for the album than I believe they should - and for what? To hear in advance?
In Advance of what? This IS the official UK release of the album. It will be released in Stores a month later, but as this is oficial, and a release, it is the official release.
You also get the 132 (approx) page Alice Cooper ONLY magazine, and what ever else they decide to put in the Halloween pack.
The normal *Special Edition* Classic Rock Magazines are £7.99. This is an Alice Cooper one, so you WOULD buy it. This means you are actually getting the album for about £6 in special book format packaging rather then a normal jewel case.
Sounds like a good deal to me.
There are also normally bonus tracks on these fan pack editions. So you *may* get more tracks as well.

How much do YOU believe an album should cost? Not that it matters.
Gunner wrote:Firstly, do you think that tracks won't be 'posted'/uploaded for anyone intrigued to hear the album before 'official' release?
Of course they will be. Cant stop it nowadays. What's you point? That would happen regardless of the release date.
Gunner wrote: And, if we wait a year to hear it, what's another month anyway? AND, I wonder if the 'official release' hasn't been postoponed a month to cater for this??
It hasn`t, as the earliest it was ever said to be released was October.
Gunner wrote: It's all commercial nonsense and we shouldn't encourage it.
Sorry, but that is rubbish. They WANT to sell albums, and make money, that is the point. This is a great way to sell MORE albums, get Alice to many new people who normally wouldn`t buy the album, andfor them to make more money from their work. Can`t see the problem. It is the music BUSINESS remember? At least this way you get extra content and more value for money.

The whole record industry is supposedly having problems and searching for a way to beat piracy. Personally I don`t believe it can ever be done completely, BUT things like this help allivate the problem and allow artist to continue making new music and not lose money everytime.
A lot of things suck regarding music and marketing, but I'm sorry this isn`t one of them.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:32 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>The question actually was about the Old School Box Set....

No. That's the mistake I made.
No Andy, he really DID ask about the boxset.

So you actually didn't make a mistake, but you did mistake thinking you made a mistake.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by James1981 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:35 pm

Well sais Si. I couldnt of put it better myself. As someone who has bought all the other classic rock packs i can say they are real value for money and a great way of giving people a reason to buy cds. The magazines have all been really good and a lot of time and effort has obviously gone into them. In my opinion the are a real bargain at £14.99. Evre since the Slash one came out i have been hoping the would one day do an Alice one.
Boomshanka

shock rock
Killer
Killer

Post by shock rock » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:40 pm

I think its a great idea!!There are many artists (Rob Zombie and Motley Crue) among them that are considering not making anymore full length cds.Making $$ is part and parcel to the recording industry,and the more it makes bodes well for future Alice releases.

I can only wish that they do something akin to that over in America.

Good points Si
You Can Take My Head And Cut It Off
But You Ain't Gonna Change My Mind

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:46 pm

>So you actually didn't make a mistake, but you did mistake thinking you made a mistake.

Yes, I did. Either way, I hope Somewhere In Auckland got the message.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:52 pm

I also think this is a great package.
A complete magazine with Alice only content and (I hope) some bonustracks on it. I'm a sucker for bonustracks etc.
And the price is amazing LOW for all of it.
Of course it is made out of a commercial thought but you don't have to buy it.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:52 pm

FYI, I got phone calls from both my credit cards reporting "suspicious activity" for the purchases I tried for the W2MN Fan Pack.

Overseas purchases often get flagged by credit card companies.
Last edited by RemarkablyInsincere on Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:52 pm

James1981 wrote:As someone who has bought all the other classic rock packs i can say they are real value for money and a great way of giving people a reason to buy cds.
Artist and magazine both make money, so it's a great partnership. Classic Rock magazine in particular seems to really do Alice up well.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:21 pm

I happen to know a couple of people working on this magazine as the Future offices are based in Bath where i live, they're all really pumped about it!

DIMMA
Killer
Killer

Post by DIMMA » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:42 pm

I can´t understand how anyone can see this W2MN Classic Rock Fan Pack as a negative thing!

As an Alice Cooper fan and collector I LOVE IT TO DEATH!
It´s a great marketing idea and it´s a great deal for the fans, so everybody wins!
Can´t see how that is a bad thing.

I guess you can´t please everybody all the time...

DIMMA
Killer
Killer

Post by DIMMA » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:44 pm

...and by the way, I will be ordering at least 2 copies of this great fan pack.

cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond

Post by cherrypie » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:03 pm

DIMMA wrote:I can´t understand how anyone can see this W2MN Classic Rock Fan Pack as a negative thing!

As an Alice Cooper fan and collector I LOVE IT TO DEATH!
It´s a great marketing idea and it´s a great deal for the fans, so everybody wins!
Can´t see how that is a bad thing.

I guess you can´t please everybody all the time...
Indeed. Couldn't have put it better myself. Am LOVING the amount of Alice stuff around atm.
I hate Opera, I hate Oprah
http://www.fountainlife.blogspot.com