Idiots in the Crowd

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Idiots in the Crowd

Post by Si » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:38 pm

kevinuk81 wrote:Si, are you referring to an incident with a false leg?
No that was a different idiot

Jason
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jason » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:43 am

There's always lots of idiots at concerts. Of varying degrees. I'm sure Alice doesn't appreciate it but he's probably not surprised by it either.

He's had stuff thrown at him before, like in Cincinnati in 1970 when some idiot threw and hit Alice in the face with a cake. Or in worse cases, like in Toledo in 1973 when yet another idiot threw an M-80 on the stage and it exploded. That could have done some way worse damage than it did. They're just a couple of examples.

"So you wanna be a rock'n'roll star....."
"Same as always, different as ever"

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:55 am

hate people throwing stuff. every time i go to the Arena or such it seems people are hoying cups of beer around - not at the act, just over the crowd etc. i blame the cretin security, they flat out should not allow cups in the hall.
Saw Marilyn Manson at Manchester a couple years ago and some d1ck hit the guitarist in the face w/ a bottle.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:14 am

Toledo Ohio 73 has to be the worst Alice has faced a Cherry Bomb causing the gig to end early, though that guy in attendance at the Brazil gig in 74 caught on film with a gun could have been the worse
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:17 am

Some good stuff gets thrown on stage as well mind. The mask during Department of Youth on the Welcome to my Nightmare DVD was hilarious :)
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:20 am

[quote="Jason

He's had stuff thrown at him before, like in Cincinnati in 1970 when some idiot threw and hit Alice in the face with a cake.

if it was "black juju" being performed, I'm pretty sure that has been proven to have actually been bob ezrin that did that,and it was a pie.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:46 pm

A Pineapple cake if memory serves.

Guilty
Killer
Killer

Post by Guilty » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:46 pm

i recall in november 2007 at the birmingham NEC some arsehole threw beer at alice at he was leving the stage. to my great delight calico came back onstage and threw a large cup of blood at the offender.

good girl!
i'm guilty an i think i've been framed anyway

The Spider
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by The Spider » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:50 pm

Let's not forget Toronto '69 when some idiot threw a Chicken on stage! LOL
You're all Dirty Little Diamonds
www.davidyoung-music.co.uk

alan1958
Killer
Killer

Post by alan1958 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:08 pm

wind_up_toy wrote:I should add that beer was thrown at Joe Elliott as well.
I was sickened ( and just a bit angry ) when I read about the arse that threw the beer at Alice .....but Joe Elliot ?
Kidding , but it reminds me of a wonderful showbiz story concerning Def Lappard ........
Reading Festival 1980 ....Blizzard of Ozz pulled out at the last minute , to be replaced by Slade , who had gone from selling out Earls Court to playing in chicken-in-a-basket nightclubs ...Elliot and his band refused to go on before Slade , assuming they were has-beens ,over the hill etc...."We are bigger than them " ........
But it didn't turn out quite the way they expected ......Slade were awesome , and by all accounts were the highlight of the festival .......Def Leppard ? Belted by more bottles of **** than has been thrown at any band in the history of popular music ........Elliot later said it was one of the worst decisions he had ever made , and at least was pretty humble about it.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:35 am

alan1958 wrote:
wind_up_toy wrote:I should add that beer was thrown at Joe Elliott as well.
I was sickened ( and just a bit angry ) when I read about the arse that threw the beer at Alice .....but Joe Elliot ?
Kidding , but it reminds me of a wonderful showbiz story concerning Def Lappard ........
Reading Festival 1980 ....Blizzard of Ozz pulled out at the last minute , to be replaced by Slade , who had gone from selling out Earls Court to playing in chicken-in-a-basket nightclubs ...Elliot and his band refused to go on before Slade , assuming they were has-beens ,over the hill etc...."We are bigger than them " ........
But it didn't turn out quite the way they expected ......Slade were awesome , and by all accounts were the highlight of the festival .......Def Leppard ? Belted by more bottles of **** than has been thrown at any band in the history of popular music ........Elliot later said it was one of the worst decisions he had ever made , and at least was pretty humble about it.
They had gone from the hard rock of Riding It To The Sun to the commercial Hello America and were branded as sell outs which was the main reason they got pelted. The late great DJ Tommy Vance (who I met at Alice Hammersmith 82 the nicest guy you could meet) broadcast the Slade performance on his Friday rock show later still got the tape and Slade one of the great British bands made their comeback by blowing everyone else off the stage.
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

Jason
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jason » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:23 am

[quote="scotty"][quote="Jason

I'm pretty sure that has been proven to have actually been bob ezrin that did that

Really? Wow! I hadn't heard that before. A planned stunt is a whole different ball game! :evil:

Now that I think of it, I read something a while back (can't remember the source) that suggested that was in fact Shep who threw the chicken on stage in Toronto.
"Same as always, different as ever"

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:28 am

There was a chicken at more then one show. Read into that what you wish haha

ALICEROCKS
Killer
Killer

Post by ALICEROCKS » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:33 am

if i was Alice i woulda ripped his head off!
I Gotta get outta this place,I'll go runnin in outer space yeah!...."Im Eighteen".

Suspiria
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Suspiria » Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:38 pm

I recall seeing somebody throwing a blow-up sex doll at Lemmy, immediately after the band had walked onstage. After it bounced off his head, he said this into the microphone - "Now there's a man who knows how to enjoy himself." And then the gig started. :)
Neil Harrison.

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:50 pm

And halfway through his set, the star stopped mid-song and walked off stage, telling the audience, "I can smell burning flesh and I hope to God it's human."
What a comment!! The man went even higher in my estimation. He's genius, love him!

Kristian
Killer
Killer

Post by Kristian » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:57 am

Someone recently threw a beer at Lydon at the PiL show I was seeing, during the encore no less... As the Pistols left the stage last time he was in Denmark because of bottles being thrown, there was a second of silence... Lydon just shrugged it off, cool guy.

juancoop
Killer
Killer

Post by juancoop » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:04 am

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:Alice stopped... looked at the crowd with a surprised look... and made a b-line right off the stage
Sorry for my ignorance, but what is a "b line"?

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:51 am

juancoop wrote:
RemarkablyInsincere wrote:Alice stopped... looked at the crowd with a surprised look... and made a b-line right off the stage
Sorry for my ignorance, but what is a "b line"?
A B line refers to the direction in which a bee flys after gathering nectar. Bees use the sun to navigate their way around and when they are ready to return to the hive they fly in a straight line back. This is why when someone is trying to get to their destination quickly they are said to be "making a B line".
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

juancoop
Killer
Killer

Post by juancoop » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:17 am

RemarkablyInsincere:
thank you for your explanation!
:teach:
I understand now.
:)