Alice Cooper From The Inside Video 1979

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Alice Cooper From The Inside Video 1979

Post by Gunner » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:19 am

Does, anyone here know anything of this?

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2473/365 ... bced16.jpg

Apparently, it is a picture of the amazingly rare footage that was meant to appear on the "Madhouse Rocks Tour" of 1979. :bam:

Spot and Jerome
Killer
Killer

Re: Alice Cooper From The Inside Video 1979

Post by Spot and Jerome » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:37 am

I've never known about something like this, but this picture alone made me jump from the chair!
Me too waiting for anyone who can provide some info about it!
To forgive is divine, but vengeance is mine

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:29 pm

I blieve it's from the filming of the "magic Screen" segment of the show ('all strapped up') which isn`t in the MAdhouse Rocks video. Could be wrong.

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:03 pm

I think you are almost right Si, I'm not sure. I believe it was intended for the 'magic screen' segment, but I'm not entirely sure this paricular clip made it.

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:41 pm

great photo!

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:06 pm

Creepy

thenightmare92
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by thenightmare92 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:09 pm

Si is very much correct. All Strapped Up followed Ballad of Dwight Fry hence the torn up straight jacket. Also I've seen the rare new footage clip which shows the beginning of it being played and Alice is wearing said outfit. Too bad they cut it out of The Strange Case of Alice Cooper

Spot and Jerome
Killer
Killer

Post by Spot and Jerome » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:45 pm

thenightmare92 wrote:Also I've seen the rare new footage clip which shows the beginning of it being played
You mean there is a video showing part of All Strapped Up live???

thenightmare92
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by thenightmare92 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:14 pm

Yes there is an old clip from a California new cast in 1979. And basically it's a guy talking about Coopers current tour and it has like brief interview parts along with some clips of the concert in California. And at one point it shows Cooper in the magic screen running from doctors and then he runs through it onto the stage and he sings the first verse before it cuts away. So it's only very brief

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:28 pm

>but I'm not entirely sure this paricular clip made it.

That image is from a break in the filming.

Spot and Jerome
Killer
Killer

Post by Spot and Jerome » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:19 pm

thenightmare92 wrote:Yes there is an old clip from a California new cast in 1979. And basically it's a guy talking about Coopers current tour and it has like brief interview parts along with some clips of the concert in California. And at one point it shows Cooper in the magic screen running from doctors and then he runs through it onto the stage and he sings the first verse before it cuts away. So it's only very brief
thanks for the info!
such video doesn't seem to be available on youtube or similar, is it only a collectors' item or has it surfaced somewhere on the internet?

thenightmare92
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by thenightmare92 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:32 pm

Spot and Jerome wrote:
thenightmare92 wrote:Yes there is an old clip from a California new cast in 1979. And basically it's a guy talking about Coopers current tour and it has like brief interview parts along with some clips of the concert in California. And at one point it shows Cooper in the magic screen running from doctors and then he runs through it onto the stage and he sings the first verse before it cuts away. So it's only very brief
thanks for the info!
such video doesn't seem to be available on youtube or similar, is it only a collectors' item or has it surfaced somewhere on the internet?
Yeah it's more or less a collectors item, Its rather rare, but I collect old rare recordings from that era of Cooper's career, like I said though, it's very brief and it's kinda dark and blurry but it's alot better than nothing lol

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:21 am

Here's a story about that video from a couple of years ago.

http://www.sickthingsuk.co.uk/albums/a-fti.php

"I believe I was in the video that played on the magic screen during the concert. It was filmed in the garden of an old hospital in Los Angeles, now gone. I was the production assistant on this job and worked for a short time for Alice's company Black Widow and for Alive Enterprises. During the video, Alice was in a straight jacket being chased around the garden by 4 hospital orderlies (his dancers, including his wife). Three of us were in costume in the garden as hospital inmates. I was the Archbishop of Canterbury. The producer, Joe Gannon, was Napoleon. One of Alice's roadies was dressed in a chicken outfit. Just before we started to film, Alice handed me a bag of potato chips and told me to be eating them during the filming because "you have to be getting away with something". Alice was a very nice, smart, funny fellow. His wife, Sheryl, was also always as nice as could be. I was quite young then, and Alice (his friends called him Vinnie) always called me "Kid". I know that there were a lot of still photos taken that day. There were also a lot of nuns in habits around that day during the filming (they worked at the hospital), and they were having a great time watching everything that was going on. When Joe Gannon showed up in his beautiful Rolls Royce, one of the nuns said to me: "That must be the Producer!" Too bad there is apparently no copy of the film available."
(Gary Gam, 2007)
Me = Winning

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:34 am

Thanks to all of you for those replies, thast makes it all a lot clearer. Pity that show didn't hit the UK shores.

alan1958
Killer
Killer

Post by alan1958 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:30 am

I found that photo a few years ago online , and was so amazed , that I used as a screensaver , and showed it to everyone I know - even people who really don't care ..... Great to finally get it explained properly .... Thanks for all the info .... Always thought it had a Ken Russel look to it .... Creepy , as someone else said .

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:05 pm

So the film shown on the screen exists nowhere?
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

thenightmare92
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by thenightmare92 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:12 pm

alan1958 wrote:I found that photo a few years ago online , and was so amazed , that I used as a screensaver , and showed it to everyone I know - even people who really don't care ..... Great to finally get it explained properly .... Thanks for all the info .... Always thought it had a Ken Russel look to it .... Creepy , as someone else said .
I also found it awhile back, however back when I originally found it I believe there was another picture with it, but it was just of Cooper standing alone or something like that, I'll have to see if I can find it saved anywhere

alan1958
Killer
Killer

Post by alan1958 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:50 pm

russel ? No Russell oops

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:44 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:So the film shown on the screen exists nowhere?
It possibly/probably still exists, but isn`t available to watch that I have ever heard of.

Roxanne
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Roxanne » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:05 pm

thenightmare92 wrote:
alan1958 wrote:I found that photo a few years ago online , and was so amazed , that I used as a screensaver , and showed it to everyone I know - even people who really don't care ..... Great to finally get it explained properly .... Thanks for all the info .... Always thought it had a Ken Russel look to it .... Creepy , as someone else said .
I also found it awhile back, however back when I originally found it I believe there was another picture with it, but it was just of Cooper standing alone or something like that, I'll have to see if I can find it saved anywhere
I know a pic where Alice stands with a chickenman behind him. But I don't know how could I show that here..
"But if you talk in the movies I'll kill you right there"