I'll Bite Your Face Off (new song)

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Re: I'll Bite Your Face Off (new song)

Post by Shoesalesman » Sun May 15, 2011 1:56 am

In all fairness, the song was just played live for the first time (to my knowledge anyway), played by some brand new band members AND played in a raw state (without the studio tweekings, overdubs, honey-coating, production tricks...etc). It seems too early to make an informed judgement on it.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Sun May 15, 2011 8:15 am

Would be keen to see this form part of a video for the new album (like what happened with ACAS).
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Sun May 15, 2011 9:57 am

"I'll bite you face off" is a bit too obvious as a lyric for my taste..reminds me of the 70s goodies episode which mentioned Alice in the charts with a horrible song title..so its a bit of a self parody for me..it does sound stonesy to me but thats live and I guess it could be reworked if recorded or may not even recorded..the live sound seems as good as ever to me..I tend to like Alice best when the lyrics have more sarcasm than horror but thats only my opinion..ta for posting link
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Sun May 15, 2011 9:59 am

same guy that uploaded "I'll bite your face off" has added "18","no more mr. nice guy",and "feed my frankenstein"

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sun May 15, 2011 1:14 pm

And "Only Women Bleed" from a much closer vantage point right above The Deacon.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

alan1958
Killer
Killer

Post by alan1958 » Sun May 15, 2011 1:56 pm

recoop wrote:"I'll bite you face off" is a bit too obvious as a lyric for my taste..reminds me of the 70s goodies episode which mentioned Alice in the charts with a horrible song title..so its a bit of a self parody for me..it does sound stonesy to me but thats live and I guess it could be reworked if recorded or may not even recorded..the live sound seems as good as ever to me..I tend to like Alice best when the lyrics have more sarcasm than horror but thats only my opinion..ta for posting link
Kind of have similar reservationd about the new song ....but by the time Ezrin has possibly added a Horn section (Under My Wheels / Sideshow), keyboards , sound effects and all his magic , this could still become a classic Alice rocker

criss
Killer
Killer

Post by criss » Sun May 15, 2011 3:04 pm

This song is just treading water to me ( more alice by numbers ) just going thru the motions . it's upbeat and the riff is nice enough , but relatively bland and too generic for my tastes .

I'm sorry I can't come up with too many inspiring words to say about this, but such is the effect of this non inspiring tune .

But that said , maybe the album version ( if its released) could incorporate some gospel singers , horn arrangements and i may find myself tapping my toes .

As it stands this tune is n't worthy and would have no place on my vision of Welcome 2 my nightmare .
Australias No 1 Alice cooper fan

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Sun May 15, 2011 3:57 pm

I agree that it does very much sound like a Stones song with the Alice touch, and thats a good thing. I've decieded not to listen to any other songs or even the album version of I'll Bite Your Face Off until I buy the album. It's gonna be hard and hopefully the built up anticipation will be worth it. I'm sure it will, I have such a great feeling about this one
"THEY'RE NEVER GONNA FIND YOUR FACE"

- ALICE COOPER

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sun May 15, 2011 4:14 pm

To me the song sounded much less paint-by-numbers musically then a lot of the recent material. There's complexity here melody wise we haven't heard from Alice in a long while. The brilliance of the Cooper/Ezrin partnership.

It's very hard to get a good feel hearing a song live for the first time. I think often when we know a song from the studio version and we hear it live, we fill in some the blanks in our mind, but I really liked what I heard the first time through from the 3rd row. Damon nailed the solo right in front of me.

The only thing that perplexes me is the title. It feeds a bit much into Alice Cooper stereo type misconceptions. I guess I'd prefer a song title that's a bit more ambiguous. However, this being a concept album, perhaps it will make perfect sense when placed within the context of the rest of the album.

ThePainAddict
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by ThePainAddict » Sun May 15, 2011 6:14 pm

Still haven't listened to the youtube, but lyrically I was thinking it was the girl that said "I'll bite your face off", thereby placing Alice (or Steven) as the vicitim in the nightmare as she wasn't what he was expecting (I thought it was heaven, but it was hell instead).

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Mon May 16, 2011 1:35 am

I just don't understand how people feel they can judge (one way or the other) this song off of a you tube,very low quality video! at least wait for the official release first!!!

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon May 16, 2011 9:27 am

>I just don't understand how people feel they can judge (one way or the other) this song off of a you tube,very low quality video! at least wait for the official release first!!!

Exactly.

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Mon May 16, 2011 10:12 am

Is this song definitely on WTMN2 or is Alice seeing the audience reaction to it? Maybe there are other songs intended to be on the album that he will play and the ones that get most reaction will be on it, others maybe as bonuses.
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Mon May 16, 2011 10:16 am

you know kevin,it's funny you should say this-I was thinking also that just because this is a new song doesn't necessarily mean it's a "welcome 2 my nightmare" song.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon May 16, 2011 11:30 am

>Is this song definitely on WTMN2

That is the intention.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Mon May 16, 2011 6:58 pm

I sincerely hope it is already decided if this song is on the new album or not. I really want this to be a focused record with no fillers. Having said that, Department of Youth is a great track but arguably has no place on the original Nightmare :)
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

Spot and Jerome
Killer
Killer

Post by Spot and Jerome » Mon May 16, 2011 9:07 pm

wind_up_toy wrote:I sincerely hope it is already decided if this song is on the new album or not. I really want this to be a focused record with no fillers. Having said that, Department of Youth is a great track but arguably has no place on the original Nightmare :)
Agree... I have thought something similar, like maybe this song will be the straight-ahead rocker included in a much more elaborate and atmospheric album, just like it can be said for dept. (and escape) on the original nightmare, and this may be the reason why it's being played live...
To forgive is divine, but vengeance is mine

criss
Killer
Killer

Post by criss » Mon May 16, 2011 9:30 pm

Spot and Jerome wrote:
wind_up_toy wrote:I sincerely hope it is already decided if this song is on the new album or not. I really want this to be a focused record with no fillers. Having said that, Department of Youth is a great track but arguably has no place on the original Nightmare :)
Agree... I have thought something similar, like maybe this song will be the straight-ahead rocker included in a much more elaborate and atmospheric album, just like it can be said for dept. (and escape) on the original nightmare, and this may be the reason why it's being played live...
Welcome to my nightmare was and still is a musical triumph , a cabaret of fiendishly clever lyrics and surprises lurking behind every corner .

Every song was just a perfect fit for this album. Moody, artistic, creepy the songs covered a lot of bases . There was no filler from the guy in a tux, welcoming us to his nightmare .
Australias No 1 Alice cooper fan

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue May 17, 2011 1:20 am

It would have been better without Some Folks.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Tue May 17, 2011 2:53 am

pitkin88 wrote:It would have been better without Some Folks.
That's one of my favorites.