Is W2MN definetely being released in 2012?

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Is W2MN definetely being released in 2012?

Post by AliceFan » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:53 am

ALL, I love the original WTMN and was very excited when I heard Alice was doing A WTMN sequel especially excited when I heard it was being released in sept this year. Had my hopes up for it then just like that he moves it up to Early 2012 . An i was very very disappointed. Can anyone like the forum admin. confirm that it is being released in 2012? Or is it I hope still coming out in Sept 2011? anyones help will be appreciated. Thanks.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Is W2MN definetely being released in 2012?

Post by mestreech » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:10 am

It's been discussed here over and over but he has still the NO MORE MR. NICE GUY tour to do + the festivals in Europe.

I think the album and tour will come out both together and in my opinion early next year (2012) would be the best.

eric

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:21 am

AliceFan wrote:Can anyone like the forum admin. confirm that it is being released in 2012?
Nothing can be confirmed either way since nothing has been confirmed to begin with and is still subject to change. The only thing we've had so far to go on was what Alice has said.
Me = Winning

Billie1966
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Billie1966 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:00 am

I thought Alice Said he was looking at right around Halloween time.. Maybe it was when he was on the Joy Behar show.. Not sure.. But I thought i remember him saying that.

Danny~
"I know their under the bed... That's where they hide"

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:13 am

Billie1966 wrote:I thought Alice Said he was looking at right around Halloween time.. Maybe it was when he was on the Joy Behar show.. Not sure.. But I thought i remember him saying that.

Danny~
And since then (or the same time) he's said it would be next year too. But as history has shown, Alice's word isn't usually the final word.
Me = Winning

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:24 am

WickedYoungMan wrote:
Billie1966 wrote:I thought Alice Said he was looking at right around Halloween time.. Maybe it was when he was on the Joy Behar show.. Not sure.. But I thought i remember him saying that.

Danny~
And since then (or the same time) he's said it would be next year too. But as history has shown, Alice's word isn't usually the final word.
I'm already getting inpatient about waiting till 2012 for the new album. I sure hope it gets released in like Jan or Feb 2012 not this time next year. That would be a really long wait now wouldn't it?

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:01 am

It is a long wait, but if it's being pushed off to next year it sounds like Bigger Picture is wanting a proper album release + proper tour rather than the more recent pattern of releasing an album in the middle of a tour. I'd rather it be that way if it means they are going to go all out for this tour (but, I'll believe it when I see it.)
Me = Winning

Robbie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Robbie » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:11 am

With reference to Wicked Young Man "I'll believe it when I see it"- I feel the same.I can remember as a callow youth in 1975 watching the regional news (either Granada Reports or Look North West) as they reported Alice playing "Welcome to my Nightmare" live in Liverpool that night and they showed a clip of Alice chasing people around with the giant toothbrush. I was gutted because I hadn't got a ticket. As much as I would love to think a tour recreating the scale of the original show is beig scheduled to support the album I believe we are in a different economic climate and the harsh reality is that it would probably cost too much to take a show with huge props, dancers etc. out on the road at this stage in Alice's career.I would be so delighted to be proved wrong but I am keeping my expectations in check.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:26 am

While I tend to agree with Robbie abot current costs. legistics etc, I have this odd thing in the back of my mind that this time it could actually be true.
ToD was a sizable production, especically compared to other recent tours, and proved they could do a very theatrical show and take it on the road for two years even in todays conditions.
If THAT was finantially viable then I can completely see Alice pushing for more if theatrics is his current mindset (as oposed to bare bones etc). Sure, it would cost more, but with the current behind the scenes setup who's to say the the extra money isn't there.

He's already suggested the magic screen is back, and with modern technology that could be both cheaper to do (relatively) and could look so much more impressive then at any time before (which was impressive enough). Look at the advances between the first time (WTMN) and the last (Hey Stoopid) then mutiply that by an extra 20 years of technoogy advances.

Will be very interesting how this pans out and how they use it and any new stuff they bring in. Just really hoping they do a NEW magic screen production and not just try and recreate the older ones.

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:00 am

Yeah, I have the "something in the back of my mind" my feeling too. I believe Bigger Picture is potentially going to be one of the best things to happen for Alice. The Box Set seems to be a nice start, and certainly from what little we know about the new album proves it too with as much as undoubtedly has been invested into it (production wise, to personnel appearing on the album, etc.) Bigger seems to be taking Alice seriously so far.
Me = Winning

Robbie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Robbie » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:56 pm

Some valid points there Si. As technology advances it often becomes cheaper. So parodoxically I suppose you could have a show on the scale and in the style of the original that in relative terms is cheaper to stage. I hope that Alice puts on a really big show for this. I have wondered whether this could be his "swansong" so to speak as he can't go on forever (sadly)-it would be great to finish his career on a real high note if the time to consider retirement from live peformances is not too far away.

shock rock
Killer
Killer

Post by shock rock » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:47 pm

If W2MN is the album we have all been waiting for (Alice,fans,critics ect),can Bigger Picture back this financially?? There would have to certain amount of ballyhoo i think in order to get this album out to the masses.Its not 1975 when Alice came off a string of 'hit" albums,when the original Nightmare was released.
....did someone say this album will be distributed by Warner Bros??

on another note, Alice has said recently.4 more tours,and 3 more albums left.......take that with a proverbial grain of salt!!
You Can Take My Head And Cut It Off
But You Ain't Gonna Change My Mind

Holly Grail
Killer
Killer

Post by Holly Grail » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:11 pm

2008-2012 is too much... :( Feed us Alice, as soon as possible !

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:00 pm

Holly Grail wrote:2008-2012 is too much... :( Feed us Alice, as soon as possible !
yes 4 yrs between albums is a long time,I am hungry for a new alice album ASAP. Question: I was wondering do you all think the upcoming "Nightmare 2" Tour will be a similiar tour like the original Nightmare 75' Tour or totally different and new? Also do you think now that old Guitarist Steve Hunter is back we will still here songs like Dirty diamonds,wicked young man, gimme,poison, feed my frankenstein in the setlist or no? I hope so.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:12 pm

WickedYoungMan wrote:Yeah, I have the "something in the back of my mind" my feeling too. I believe Bigger Picture is potentially going to be one of the best things to happen for Alice. The Box Set seems to be a nice start, and certainly from what little we know about the new album proves it too with as much as undoubtedly has been invested into it (production wise, to personnel appearing on the album, etc.) Bigger seems to be taking Alice seriously so far.

To capitalize on the RRHOF and the box set I would have liked to have seen alice tour with Mike/Dennis/Neal and Steve. He could have then toured with whoever for WTMN 2 later in the year.

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:47 am

I just hope some of these shows in detroit,phoenix,NYC,etc. happen,and one of the shows captured for us that might not get there!

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:02 am

scotty wrote:I just hope some of these shows in detroit,phoenix,NYC,etc. happen,and one of the shows captured for us that might not get there!
I would not be holding my breath for any of those shows to pan out.

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:42 am

yeah,you learn to take things with a grain of salt! I'm just happy to have seen them at the induction show together,and for the upcoming album,which I hope has everything the guys did at the sessions!

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:32 pm

GNDM wrote:I would not be holding my breath for any of those shows to pan out.
It would seem based on Alice's touring schedule that if these shows were going to happen, they would have had to have been scheduled for sometime in April.

Considering we're now almost to mid-April, I think it's safe to assume these shows are not happening at this point.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:26 pm

good point,hadn't thought of that.....