I'm hoping there is a second boxset////

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

evil syd
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

I'm hoping there is a second boxset////

Post by evil syd » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:33 am

you know, one that's cheaper, it doesn't have to be limited, without all the accessories, just the music and the dvd. It would be smart, not all of us could afford it now. ::((:
DoCtOrS wAnT To ChEcK Me, PoKe Me, AnD DiSsEcT Me......

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Re: I'm hoping there is a second boxset////

Post by While Heaven Wept » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:07 am

Yeah, and i hope Bugatti bring out a cheaper Veyron, you know, one without all the gadgets but i still want it to be fast and stuff, i just don't wanna pay £500,000 for it.

Seriously man, get a grip, no-one is forcing you to buy it, and if you can't afford it then.....tough! I'm really skint, but i'm just gonna work extra hard this month cos i really want it!

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:24 am

While Heaven Wept wrote: Seriously man, get a grip, no-one is forcing you to buy it, and if you can't afford it then.....tough! I'm really skint, but i'm just gonna work extra hard this month cos i really want it!
That's pretty harsh. I don't think there's anything wrong with what he asked. Some people just can't afford to drop $260 on a boxset without thinking about it, no matter how great it is. You know, those of us with mortgages, house repairs and kids in private school. And beyond that, some people make salary and working "harder" isn't going to make their paycheck bigger.

Plus, I don't think that's an unreasonable request either as often expensive box sets with unique audio/video content have this sort of option. There are many people that are primarily interested in that content and might care to skip the other stuff at that price.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:39 am

But like i said.... no-one is forcing you to buy it! It amazes me how people can be soooo bloody negative about something just because they can't afford it....well guess what....that's life! We can't always get we want, if we could then life would be pretty boring.

I have a family to look after too, i also run my own business and know what it's like to be strapped for cash.... i'm just gonna have to make some sacrifices to get this. If others aren't prepared to do that then that's up to them, but don't complain about it.

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:48 am

WHW, I don't believe the poster was saying that anyone was forcing him to buy it. It's obvious he would like to get something like this, but the music contents might be more appealing to him than anything and so he would like to see an option where just getting the music portion of this is a reality and may not be financially out of realm in his case, and it certainly may very well be, especially in the day of iTunes. At least evil syd didn't engage in one of the over-the-top tirades that I've seen regarding this set.

It's certainly a fair request I think, and who knows, may very well happen down the road.
Me = Winning

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:01 pm

when the beatles remastered stereo box set came out along with the mono box set,I had to make a choice out of the two (i went with the mono),BUT the record company did a cool thing for people who couldn't afford such a set-they put out a "sampler"...maybe they'll do this with alice..highlights. better than nothin'!
I side with the cash strapped posters here. I love alice,but at $260 I'm not even thinking about it.but more power to those who can get it.look forward to the reviews!

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:32 pm

While Heaven Wept wrote:But like i said.... no-one is forcing you to buy it! It amazes me how people can be soooo bloody negative about something just because they can't afford it....well guess what....that's life! We can't always get we want, if we could then life would be pretty boring.

I have a family to look after too, i also run my own business and know what it's like to be strapped for cash.... i'm just gonna have to make some sacrifices to get this. If others aren't prepared to do that then that's up to them, but don't complain about it.
I didn't see one complaint in his posting, but rather him simply asking a question about the boxset. One I wondered about myself to be honest.

Often times boxsets are released that hit various price points. For example, when KISS released their 2001 boxset, they had, I believe, 3 different flavors of it. The cheapest came in a simple box with just musical content and booklet while a few other varieties featured various content; the most elaborate packaged in a full replica guitar case.

This was a legitimate question.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:48 pm

While Heaven Wept wrote:Yeah, and i hope Bugatti bring out a cheaper Veyron, you know, one without all the gadgets but i still want it to be fast and stuff, i just don't wanna pay £500,000 for it.

Seriously man, get a grip, no-one is forcing you to buy it, and if you can't afford it then.....tough! I'm really skint, but i'm just gonna work extra hard this month cos i really want it!
I will be buying it but was there any need for the attack on evil syd who says he won't?
I know we don't always agree on here but you have a habit of making unprovoked judgments on people as I have found out, and when challenged you don't like it, so much so that you said you won't be responding to anymore of my posts. An easy get out when you lose the argument.

The implication is you work hard to buy the box set but evil syd doesn't?

pretentious or what!
Last edited by steven_crayn on Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:53 pm

While Heaven Wept wrote:But like i said.... no-one is forcing you to buy it! It amazes me how people can be soooo bloody negative about something just because they can't afford it....well guess what....that's life! We can't always get we want, if we could then life would be pretty boring.

he also wasn't complaining just suggesting that maybe a cheaper alternate version with just the music would be a good idea.

like I said I'll be buying it but understand for some it is not an option.
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:12 pm

Ok, i'm happy to admit i was wrong on this occasion

Looks like i read more into the original posting than was intended....so i apologise for any offence.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:45 pm

While Heaven Wept wrote:Ok, i'm happy to admit i was wrong on this occasion

Looks like i read more into the original posting than was intended....so i apologise for any offence.
That's good of you to admit your error, not many people will do that. On the other hand if the OP had been complaining about the price, it's a shame that people aren't allowed to bring up reasonable concerns/criticisms of Alice without getting lambasted.

I look forward to this, what looks to be a fantastic release and because the price is so steep, I will be lending my copy out to the few Alice fans I know who aren't in a position to purchase their own copy.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:58 pm

respect

evil syd
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by evil syd » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:52 am

thanks people!
To be honest, I lost my job, surviving on unemployment right now, and I am real huge fan of coop's music. So, I just feel if there was some kind of compromise, it's the music that's foremost and most important to me, not the packaging really.I mean, sure, I would love it all, but surival comes first.

Rock on! :8):
DoCtOrS wAnT To ChEcK Me, PoKe Me, AnD DiSsEcT Me......

steven15322
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by steven15322 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:00 am

Do what I do alot on Amazon..once the items official release date has come to pass there are usually a dozen or more sellers selling the item at their own price either "NEW" which is what I normally go for..and sometimes used.
I always look at their rating when buying from them and try to go with the ones with the best rating 99% or better-> dont want any surprise problems) .Sometimes if you wait a couple of weeks or more the price will be even lower..Also when buying take into considerating the shipping charge being offered..you may actually do better with Amazons price as they offer free shipping here in the U.S for orders over 25.00..not sure if they offer that elsewhere or not??
Before you burn your mark on me
I'll carve mine in your face

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:01 am

Toronto Bob wrote:

That's good of you to admit your error, not many people will do that. On the other hand if the OP had been complaining about the price, it's a shame that people aren't allowed to bring up reasonable concerns/criticisms of Alice without getting lambasted.

I look forward to this, what looks to be a fantastic release and because the price is so steep, I will be lending my copy out to the few Alice fans I know who aren't in a position to purchase their own copy.

If it was more reasonably priced or if there was a cd version only and maybe a second one with all the bells and whistles we could all be happy. Thankfully with the ability to copy cds Evil Syd and others will be able to enjoy one way or another.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:08 pm

>Thankfully with the ability to copy cds Evil Syd and others will be able to enjoy one way or another.

That may be true, but the more that happens, the less incentive there is for further material to be released (as Si pointed out).

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:00 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>Thankfully with the ability to copy cds Evil Syd and others will be able to enjoy one way or another.

That may be true, but the more that happens, the less incentive there is for further material to be released (as Si pointed out).
That's funny because at their current pace it'll be 2046 by the time the next set would be released and I suspect no one will care by then.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:13 pm

>That's funny because at their current pace it'll be 2046 by the time the next set would be released and I suspect no one will care by then.

I wouldn't be so sure about that.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:59 am

I don`t think it would be breaking any secrets to say that more arhicve stuff will likely be forthcoming, but how it comes out and is presented would also factor in how this project goes down and sells.
To me it seems that they have goine "all out" on this package and taken the gamble that it will pay off. If it does they are safe it putting in the extra time to do it again, if it doesn`t any new arhcive releases will be more budget productions. Seems a pretty safe plan under the circumstances.

Also it could be said that this sort of thing is the most marketable type of achive package. I can't see something like this ever being attempted for the early 80s material. The buying market simply isn`t available for it. That doesn`t mean a package for such things isn`t possible, just that it is unlikely it would the huge box this is, morelikely just a couple of CDs and a dvd with a nice box, which would be just as gratefully recieved by a fan of that material.

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:12 pm

Also would like to add that it seems that this such a thing is a lot more possible now because of Bigger Picture being in the picture (no pun intended,) who promised to have a more pro-active role in future releases in the press release.

This boxset may not have been possible, at least this time, without them. They don't seem to be a big record label with "record label politics" and other broo-ha-ha to hold things up. Who knows what's next (outside of W2MN that is)?
Me = Winning