Hall of Fame Induction Press (Videos, Pics, etc.)

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Hall of Fame Induction Press (Videos, Pics, etc.)

Post by steven_crayn » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:05 pm

Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

Seriously
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Seriously » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:02 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGKvEEpRvUQ

Dennis's smile cracks me up, so funny it brightens my day up. :blues:

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:30 am

he looks like he's a blind man with those dark glasses and looking all over the place,out of line and askew of the others!

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:01 am

scotty wrote:he looks like he's a blind man with those dark glasses and looking all over the place,out of line and askew of the others!
I love the retro teashades often called John Lennon glasses(now a designer brand) that Dennis wears they are so cool, I got 2 pairs Dark and Light Blue, must get a third pair Purple Haze looks good!
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:25 am

WickedYoungMan wrote:Not to nitpick, but the guitar sound on the video Tim provided sounded like crap (but Neal, Dennis and Alice sounded fine.) Not the playing, just the mix. Of course doesn't seem like hardly any post-mixing or anything was done either.
tbh I've given up on any mainstream TV show knowing how to capture and broadcast live music. Maybe it's the way they record, or the equipment , but live music of almost any genre always sounds week with various instruments or vocals often completely missing from the mix. You would think that with Modern technology this wouldn`t be a problem, but unfortunatly it is. MTV used to actually be terrible at it (when they played music that is).
Often bootleg phone sound, with it;s terrible sound actually captures the power and sound better then a professional recording.

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:11 pm

[quote="steven_crayn"][quote="scotty"]he looks like he's a blind man with those dark glasses and looking all over the place,out of line and askew of the others![/quote]

I love the retro teashades often called John Lennon glasses(now a designer brand) that Dennis wears they are so cool, I got 2 pairs Dark and Light Blue, must get a third pair Purple Haze looks good![/quote]

it was funny when dennis talked about how over the years,he had to exchange the shades for the regular glasses,as he switched to them to read his notes! they all were great!

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by James1981 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:10 pm

Some more footage. Apologies if this has been posted before, dont think it has

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgH2hl2x ... ded#at=877
Boomshanka

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:11 pm

More footage edited out of the whole Fuse show (15 minutes long)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgH2hl2xne4

Had me hoping about like mad all over again. For some reason Neal's speech touched me most, chocked me up a little. They were all great.

I'm with you Scotty, that was very funny

Oops! I posted at nearly the same time as James but he beat me :)

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by James1981 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:39 pm

Dragonlady wrote:More footage edited out of the whole Fuse show (15 minutes long)

Had me hoping about like mad all over again. For some reason Neal's speech touched me most, chocked me up a little. They were all great.

At least your link works properley Dragonlady. Mines starts about 14 minutes into the vid. Still its the first time i have ever posted a link so not bad for a first attempt i suppose!! :grin:
Boomshanka

shock rock
Killer
Killer

Post by shock rock » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:54 pm

Thx for the post.Still a truncated version of Alice's performance,maybe the rest will surface one day.
You Can Take My Head And Cut It Off
But You Ain't Gonna Change My Mind

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:47 pm

:rotfl:
I didn't even know one could do that (post from a certain time) I've learned something new!

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:15 pm

Dragonlady wrote:More footage edited out of the whole Fuse show (15 minutes long)

Ezrin looked like he was about to cry!! The performance of 18 was terrific the band sounded so tight.

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:52 am

If you look behind Bob Ezrin (at about 2:40 into the tape) you can see Glen's little sister, Janice, and his older brother Ken. Well, you can't see Ken very well, Ezrin was hogging the screen.
:)

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:19 am

James1981 wrote:Some more footage. Apologies if this has been posted before, dont think it has

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgH2hl2x ... ded#at=877
RemarkablyInsincere posted it in the Hall of Fame in Canada thread.

Shame Under My Wheels wasn't shown.

Good to see Neal thanking the fans.

Loved the shots of the audience, funny when Elton John started laughing at the James Bond gag.

Bob Ezrin seemed really touched.

Great stuff

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:39 am

Looking at some of the YouTube vids and in the comments section, there are some Tom Waits fans who are bitter and jealous toward Alice Cooper. Tom Waits isn't even in the same league as Alice or Neil, and they know it.
Me = Winning

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:47 am

Oh, good, a couple of them are making comments about Leon Russel now too. What did he do to anyone?
Me = Winning

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:27 pm

WickedYoungMan wrote:Tom Waits isn't even in the same league as Alice or Neil, and they know it.
That Tom Waits performance was painful. I've heard the name but couldn't have told you a single thing about him before before that broadcast.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Robbie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Robbie » Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:21 pm

I had heard of him mainly because Rod Stewart has referenced him on a number of occasions and also by covering a couple of his songs.The most famous being "Downtown Train" and with lesser commercial success "Tom Traubert's blues"(waltzing matilda). To be honest after listening to his originals after hearing Rod Stewart's versions I found them virtully unlistenable and not to my taste at all-no doubt fans of Tom Waits would hang me out to dry for saying that.

The son of Don Quijote
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by The son of Don Quijote » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:46 pm

I give you another point of view. Even though that Rock and roll hall of fame performance was weak (I was dissapointed) I am still a fan.

Tom Waits is a very diverse composer, a great story teller and for some people like me great if extremely acquired the taste singer. In the latter part of his career he has made great experimental rock music with amazing amount of rhytmical invention. His early career was more ballad type and jazz based. And if you doubt his lyrical ability, then read any lyrics from Bone Machine album. His lyrics are amazing on other albums as well.

Swordfishtrombones is one of the greatest albums of all time. Just listen 16 shells from a thirty ought six, In the neighborhood and Swordfishtrombone (preferably studio versions) on Youtube. Other songs worth searching include Clap hands and Cold cold ground.

I agree he is not in the same league as Alice Cooper, because in my opinion only artist who is in the same league as Alice is Frank Zappa. I know many people will disagree with me on this as well. But give Tom Waits a try. If you hate him, that's fine. But do not judge him based on that poor performance because it was dissapointment for an avid fan like me as well. He has had much better performances and he really has a lot of talent.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:07 pm

GNDM wrote:
If you look behind Bob Ezrin (at about 2:40 into the tape) you can see Glen's little sister, Janice, and his older brother Ken. Well, you can't see Ken very well, Ezrin was hogging the screen.
:)

I did see her and wondered who it was. She must have been so proud. There was also another lady who I wondered may have been Neal's wife or partner.