Alice Cooper Old School Boxset

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Alice Cooper Old School Boxset

Post by While Heaven Wept » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:50 pm

unafraid wrote:I think you guys are either completely ignorant or completely naive about the recording process.
And what makes you think you are more qualified than i to speculate on such matters? The fact is, you don't have the faintest idea how Alice and his team writes material so you are making unsubstantiated assumptions.

And not that it matters, but i run and own my own music studio full time and have been a recording artist myself for 15 years so i do know a little bit about the recording process.

Devon
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by Devon » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:42 pm

unafraid wrote:And btw, demos can be instrumental tracks...
That would probably consist of Ryan Roxie strumming out guitar ideas on cheap tape recorder (and ideas that probably were eventually used on his own projects.) That's not exactly worth putting out.

I spoke to Dennis Dunaway a few years ago who said that, as far as the band went, there was not a lot of extra material besides what went on the album other than the actual demos of those album tracks (and any demos that a lot of us had heard or eventually heard on the new boxset) simply because they were touring a lot and didn't have time to develop mountains of ideas that were left unused. They tried to develop from what they had. I think "Call it Evil" is probably one of the very very few instances that they had even demoed that didn't make it to an album. There was also that one song that Neal Smith pitched for "Muscle of Love."

Now let's assume that there were supposedly a bunch of unheard recordings and those tapes were not destroyed. If they weren't deemed good enough to put on an actual album (as in some were perhaps pure sh*t) then I don't think Alice would want those put out to make a mega album worth of subpar material recorded in subpar quality (as he did with "Along Came A Spider.")

LordOfAmourFantastiq
Killer
Killer

Post by LordOfAmourFantastiq » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:30 am

juancoop wrote:
LordOfAmourFantastiq wrote:
juancoop wrote:Any news in the "golden ticket" owners what kind of special treatment they get?
I wonder if the rest of the 5 golden tickets have appeared by now.
I will give you a close view of mine as soon as possible.

On it is written:
You can now come to any Alice Cooper concert with a friend as our very special guests, including an after-show meet-n-greet and a gift bag of fantastic Alice merchandise.

I don't know if it will the exact same treatment as a classical VIP Platinum Package or if I will have something more special… I will know it in November !

I read somewhere that another Golden Ticket has been found, don't know anything about all five.
Cool dude.... OF COURSE you will share with us the experience... please.
That's it! :grin:

You can read my report and see some photos on my blog: Thanks to my Golden Ticket, I was Alice's VIP guest :)

You can feel free to comment and correct as English is not my mother tongue.

Oh, and for info, Toby told me that at this time, they already met only one Golden Ticket finder before me and it was in UK.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:59 am

Yes, the first golden ticket winner was backstage in Bristol if I recall.
A third is in Holland if I recall, but hadn't had his prize yet for whatever reasons of his own (there's no time limit as far as I know on when you can have your VIP experience).

LordOfAmourFantastiq
Killer
Killer

Post by LordOfAmourFantastiq » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:42 am

Ok, that might explain why Alice said to me that until now, there are three Golden Ticket finders while Toby said only two. One might speak about the known ones while the other spoke about the welcomed ones.

And you're right, there is no time limit to use the Golden Ticket, it is worth for the show of one's choice.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:09 pm

I'm assuming Travel costs aren`t included in the deal?

LordOfAmourFantastiq
Killer
Killer

Post by LordOfAmourFantastiq » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:46 pm

You're right again Si!

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:22 pm

LordOfAmourFantastiq wrote:You can read my report and see some photos on my blog: Thanks to my Golden Ticket, I was Alice's VIP guest :)
Thanks for sharing.

Awesome to see Alice and crew deliver a first rate experience for a fan. Getting one of everything at the merch table is pretty darn awesome.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond

Post by cherrypie » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:49 am

What a fabulous experience for you Laurent(sp?), Alice and team are always so helpful and friendly. Great pictures.

I know there was a golden ticket holder at Bristol, cos we got kicked out of the canteen after our VIP so he/she could have him to themselves...
I hate Opera, I hate Oprah
http://www.fountainlife.blogspot.com

LordOfAmourFantastiq
Killer
Killer

Post by LordOfAmourFantastiq » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:24 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:Awesome to see Alice and crew deliver a first rate experience for a fan. Getting one of everything at the merch table is pretty darn awesome.
I've finally noticed that I didn't get the stickers set. But that doesn't matter.

cherrypie wrote:What a fabulous experience for you Laurent(sp?), Alice and team are always so helpful and friendly.
Yes, I'm "Laurent".

I wonder who got this idea of Golden Ticket in the box set. Alice himself?…

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:58 pm

>I wonder who got this idea of Golden Ticket in the box set. Alice himself?…

I think it was Shep Gordon or Bob Ezrin, but I'm not sure.