Alice Cooper Old School Boxset

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

tommystooge
Killer
Killer

Re: Alice Cooper Old School Boxset

Post by tommystooge » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:10 pm

While Heaven Wept wrote:Everything tommy has written recently has been very negative so I wouldn't pay much attention.
I'm not negative...I'm pro Alice Cooper BAND. I'm just interested in the truth than the blown up stories we hear year after year from Alice...what is so wrong with hearing another side of things from the other guys?? Alice and Dennis were telling some great stories in the beginning of the dvd until Alice started with Jimi Hendrix...what is so wrong with telling the truth, that Cindy Smith hooked Shep and the band up?
Remember The Coop !!

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:24 pm

tommystooge wrote:
A_MichaelUK wrote:>Were you there at the interviews??

No, but Bob was and I spoke to several people who were.
So have I spoken with several people who were there, and I was told what really happened...it's too bad that after all these years the other guys still get pushed around.
I don't want to doubt your word, but "several people that were there" isn't really much use in backing up your claim. Sorry, but you made a very general statement about what occurred and the recording in question and then you provided no corresponding support for your statement (i.e. - Second hand information from unknown sources.) That is a tough way to sell any bit of information.

"I know a guy whose cousin's barber told him that scientist say that the world will end at noon tomorrow."
[Just saying]

tommystooge
Killer
Killer

Post by tommystooge » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:26 am

Yes, i know, I learned in great detail what the situation was, it proved my assumptions, it was for my knowledge and proved the "there wasn't enough time" statement as crap. I'm not here to argue or prove my case, I'm just letting others who were surprised at the Glaring disappointment of not hearing the others speak about the break up, there was a reason and anyone interested, should look in to it.
Remember The Coop !!

Devon
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by Devon » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:37 am

Start posting up sources and quotes.

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:14 am

I would ask the moderators to remove the posts by tommystooge if he cannot do as Devon asks....they are no more than second or third hand gossip.

Sorry tommystooge, but your statements do nothing to answer any questions or further any kind of discussion about the subject at hand. Unless you can provide names to back up your statements, your remarks should be seen as those of someone just trying to get a rise out of people and stir the pot.

tommystooge
Killer
Killer

Post by tommystooge » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:46 am

Sorry not interested in stirring anybody's pot...what I posted was firsthand knowledge, I'm just letting anyone interested, to do some research and talk to the right people to find out.

If you do your own research and perhaps talk to someone who was there, you will find out in detail what is so obvious...

And I believe it adds to this discussion, because a lot of people posted and asked why the others didn't talk about the break up...the answers are there, I found out fairly easy, so can you...GNDM your connected to the right people, look into it...
Remember The Coop !!

tommystooge
Killer
Killer

Post by tommystooge » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:53 am

Devon wrote:Start posting up sources and quotes.
Devon, as Andy would say, do your own research, ( I'm agreeing with Andy yes) it isn't that hard, why should I do the work for you...I did my own research to confirm or deny my thoughts, they were confirmed 10 times over, that was for my own knowledge, I'm not here to argue, just letting others know what I found out, they can too...
Remember The Coop !!

Devon
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by Devon » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:01 am

tommystooge wrote:
Devon, as Andy would say, do your own research, ( I'm agreeing with Andy yes) it isn't that hard, why should I do the work for you...
Because I'm not making the claims. Why should the burden of proof be on ME for the claims YOU make?!? Answer: It isn't. It's on you.

Since I'm a MODERATOR here, I am asking that misinformation not be spread. I am giving you another opportunity to post sources please.

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:41 am

tommystooge,
IF I found out that what you said is true, I would keep my mouth shut and not bring it up. Why YOU want to lay claim to knowledge like that can only be guessed at. (Ego?)
It is not my place to be condemning one side or the other.
If information like that NEEDS to be known, people other than you or I should bring it forward. I don't know you, nor do I know who your "sources" are. However....I can see no benefit in sharing findings (like that) with others, when it is not my business. In fact...is it anybody's business? If the people directly involved deem it to be knowledge that others (fans/whomever) need to know about...then THEY will provide it. Not you or I.

THUS....if you can provide PROOF that Neal, Dennis, and Michael were TOLD not to discuss it, I guess you are free to do so. Otherwise, keep your "findings" to yourself. Thanks.

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:04 am

tommystooge wrote:Sorry not interested in stirring anybody's pot...
It seems to me that is exactly what you have been doing. Posting completely unvalidated claims and then becoming all defensive when you are asked to back them up with sources/evidence.

Unless you can embellish us all with some more information your credibility will remain in tatters.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:18 am

>I love how you avoid direct questions...

When did I ever do that on this board?!

>An associate producer is a glorified title, it's really a production assistant, someone who gathers up material for the producers, so they don't have to bother with the little things...

I did not choose the "title". I was expecting nothing more than some 'special thanks' reference. If you look at the credits, you will see that there were two other Associate producers and I can assure you the tasks were not limited to the functions you describe.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:20 am

>So have I spoken with several people who were there, and I was told what really happened...it's too bad that after all these years the other guys still get pushed around.

But you have been asked twice now by GNDM to reveal your sources but you still haven't done so. Don't you wish to be thought of as having some credibility?

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:21 am

>what is so wrong with telling the truth, that Cindy Smith hooked Shep and the band up?

NOTHING AT ALL. THAT'S WHY WE DECIDED BOB SHOULD ADDRESS THIS! Have you actually WATCHED the documentary?!

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:23 am

>Yes, i know, I learned in great detail what the situation was, it proved my assumptions, it was for my knowledge and proved the "there wasn't enough time" statement as crap.

You write as if the whole documentary was planned and scripted like many documentaries are. I wish that had actually been the case. It would have been a lot easier to edit it.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:27 am

>Oh, Andy please let Bob know I was accusing him of lying, although it wasn't Bob who was lying, he just had to roll with it.

That's right, because we all know what push - over Bob Ezrin is! Is this the same Bob Ezrin who gave Cindy Smith the credit she deserved, which is the thing you claimed did not happen?!

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:35 am

Slightly off topic, but the mention of Bob Ezrin has reminded me of something; I recently met a bloke who used to work with Bob Ezrin, and he reckons 'Have a Cigar' (by Pink Floyd) is about Bob - who used to smoke Cigars when with Bands - I'm not sure he's correct actually. Also, he is the one who suggested the kabuki makeup for KISS I have been told. Again, I'm not convinced, I always thought they stole that idea (and that's all KISS ever did!!) from the original Scorpions!!

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:06 pm

KISS had the makeup long before they ever worked with Bob Ezrin. AFAIK, they took their cue from Alice and the New York Dolls, with input from Sean Delaney regarding their early look, stage moves, etc.

Hunter

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:27 pm

Bob didn't work with Pink Floyd until The Wall so I doubt the 'story' about a song recorded 4 years before The Wall came out being about Bob is true.

The song was actually written about the greed of the music business and Roy Harper who was recording at Abbey Rd at the same time was brought in to sing it as Roger Waters had strained his voice and David Gilmour didn't want to sing it.
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:46 pm

Devon wrote:
tommystooge wrote:
Devon, as Andy would say, do your own research, ( I'm agreeing with Andy yes) it isn't that hard, why should I do the work for you...
Because I'm not making the claims. Why should the burden of proof be on ME for the claims YOU make?!? Answer: It isn't. It's on you.

Since I'm a MODERATOR here, I am asking that misinformation not be spread. I am giving you another opportunity to post sources please.
he won't because he hasn't got any
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:58 pm

Why all the ganging up on toomystooge? The break up has never been discussed in a straightforward way and Alice's camp has never been known for straight talk. Even the delivery of this box set was a cagey affair.

You keep posting tommystooge - I'm glad not everyone here is a sickophant. Most people here think the box set was an unqualified success - that's how deluded they are.