Alice Cooper Old School Boxset

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Alice Cooper Old School Boxset

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:14 pm

>Maybe there isn't really anything else to add.

It depends on what you want to know. If you want to ask questions about that album, that's fine, although there is a section on it on this site.

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:17 pm

Street Schizo wrote:I wasn't sure if bumping up an old thread was cool to do here.
No problems to do this. Bumping up an old thread with another post is better overall compared to starting a new thread about the same thing. That way all previous points and information are right there for viewing.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond

Post by cherrypie » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:44 pm

Well, I finally got to listen to Treasures 1 and 2 today - absolutely PRICELESS. :clap: :clap: :love:
I hate Opera, I hate Oprah
http://www.fountainlife.blogspot.com

Awakening
Killer
Killer

Post by Awakening » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:26 pm

Still waiting for mine.

Can we have some pictures please ? :)

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:19 pm

mine arrived today, well worth the 160quid just looked at it all night havent yet played anything. its a piece of art, superb!

homerx
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by homerx » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:31 pm

That it is I love all the little posters. The greatest hits one is my favorite.

Spot and Jerome
Killer
Killer

Post by Spot and Jerome » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:48 pm

The weird and creative packagings all through the years are one of the reasons why I love Alice Cooper, and I have to say this one may easily be the best piece I've ever seen. Unbelievable work of art.
Just a drop in the ocean, I find the setlist reproduction a very poor thing, which surprised me, given the absolutely stellar quality of everything else included.
And a curiosity: the Treasures One CD does not show the lettering on the cover, just pictures but no CD title at all, while it is present on the pictures I've seen on AC.com
To forgive is divine, but vengeance is mine

Spot and Jerome
Killer
Killer

Post by Spot and Jerome » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:49 pm

bigbradwolf wrote:mine arrived today, well worth the 160quid just looked at it all night havent yet played anything. its a piece of art, superb!
I stared at it for about 15 minutes before even removing the plastic film ;)
To forgive is divine, but vengeance is mine

tommystooge
Killer
Killer

Post by tommystooge » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:19 am

>tell me there is absolutely no truth in any of that...

>As I said, the arithmetic does not prove that.

What exactly does that mean "The arithmetic does not prove that"
Remember The Coop !!

tommystooge
Killer
Killer

Post by tommystooge » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:21 am

Spot and Jerome wrote:
bigbradwolf wrote:mine arrived today, well worth the 160quid just looked at it all night havent yet played anything. its a piece of art, superb!
I stared at it for about 15 minutes before even removing the plastic film ;)
I sat with a friend, we each got the boxset and sat there and opened it together at the same time, looking at each thing at the same time, turning the pages of the book each at the same time...it was fun to see each thing together..
Remember The Coop !!

tommystooge
Killer
Killer

Post by tommystooge » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:00 am

GNDM wrote:
tommystooge wrote: I dare anyone here to take what I have written to Mike, Neal or Dennis and have them say anything I have said as not valid...come on you fact finders prove me wrong when I say, The band were not happy that Alice got all the glory around BDB and Shep was freaking out that he lost all the publishing to Herb Cohen, and the only publishing he got was for MOL, one of their poorest selling albums...and that given the chance to take Alice and be able to make some money for their hard work with Nightmare...tell me there is absolutely no truth in any of that...

In my summation to the jury -

Tommy, when you first broached this topic, in regards to it omission in the Old School boxset, you wanted to hear the views of the surviving band members concerning the breakup. That was a fair request, but you seemed to get a little heated when that request was not met with total acceptance. Now, just a day or so later, you give YOUR view of the breakup - again stated as fact. OK, for what it is worth, there is probably a fair amount of truth to what you put forth. My final question to you, however, is this: Why do you want Dennis, Neal, Michael, etc to state their views on this topic, when you are already completely convinced that you know the answer? Do you seek an official stamp of approval for your opinions...or do you simply want to knock Alice/Shep down a peg? It seems to me you are pretty set in your views of this event, so I can’t help but wonder if you would accept another view if one of the band members offered one.

And again...whatever the real truth to this question is (and all the different shades of the truth and all the different views of the truth)...I don’t think the topic was essential for the recent compilation. Just my opinion, but it wasn't needed, and probably, that topic would have not been accepted by the participants . Should it be addressed? I suppose it could be....but I have doubts that there will ever be one final definitive answer. Too many chefs stirring the pot for only one decisive truth.
Great summation...I agree with you...all I said and have been saying is I would like to hear from the other members in regards to this topic...of course I would accept what they have to say, it would be nice to hear another version other than Alice's is all I've been saying, It's time to kill this discussion...thanks for your input. You also have some valid things to say,
Remember The Coop !!

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:26 am

steven_crayn wrote:
tommystooge wrote: ..
.although why bring Steve Hunter out on tour? Why give him a break and tour with the new band? When I saw the show, initially excited that he was going to be there, was embarrassed by it as he looked like he was struggling through the songs and didn't really add anything musically to the evening. He also looked totally out of place...Dennis on the other hand would have fit perfectly, although I understand he can't tour with one original member and not the others.
You don't know what you're talking about!

I was there at Phoenix Steve was awesome

I was there at Dublin Steve was awesome

I was there at Donington Steve was awesome

I was there at 100 Club Steve was awesome

I think I'm qualified to know when a guitar player is cutting it and Steve Hunter is still cutting it.

Do us a favour and engage your brain before you open your mouth because I have never heard so much ignorance in my life!
Your silence is deafening tommystooge how about an apology to Steve Hunter?

To further emphasise you are wrong have a look at this and tell me he doesn't offer anything, the man is still playing great and Alice seems pretty impressed during this clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fM0IMlEB ... ata_player
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:50 am

that was great to see and a splendid quality.
Maybe this will be part of the IPAD package?

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:13 am

>And a curiosity: the Treasures One CD does not show the lettering on the cover, just pictures but no CD title at all, while it is present on the pictures I've seen on AC.com

This was discussed recently on this board.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:14 am

>What exactly does that mean "The arithmetic does not prove that"

You seem like an intelligent person, so I'm pretty sure you know what that means.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:21 am

>all I said and have been saying is I would like to hear from the other members in regards to this topic...

That's not really true and I'm slightly insulted that you think I or others would not notice that. As GNDM already posted, in one of your very early posts, you had already made up your mind as to the way things happened in that you kept citing Michael Bruce's book. You also issued the challenge that someone should prove that you were wrong, so it appeared to be irrelevant what "other members" had to say because you had already arrived at your own conclusion. The gist of what you say is true in that it's almost always going to be interesting when any of the other band members constribute to the discussion.

Mr. Skull
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Mr. Skull » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:53 am

steven_crayn wrote:
steven_crayn wrote:
tommystooge wrote: ..
.although why bring Steve Hunter out on tour? Why give him a break and tour with the new band? When I saw the show, initially excited that he was going to be there, was embarrassed by it as he looked like he was struggling through the songs and didn't really add anything musically to the evening. He also looked totally out of place...Dennis on the other hand would have fit perfectly, although I understand he can't tour with one original member and not the others.
You don't know what you're talking about!

I was there at Phoenix Steve was awesome

I was there at Dublin Steve was awesome

I was there at Donington Steve was awesome

I was there at 100 Club Steve was awesome

I think I'm qualified to know when a guitar player is cutting it and Steve Hunter is still cutting it.

Do us a favour and engage your brain before you open your mouth because I have never heard so much ignorance in my life!
Your silence is deafening tommystooge how about an apology to Steve Hunter?

To further emphasise you are wrong have a look at this and tell me he doesn't offer anything, the man is still playing great and Alice seems pretty impressed during this clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fM0IMlEB ... ata_player
Lou Reed went on tour with him not so long ago
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YTAHnzoVFM
Alice and Lou both like golf and good guitar players !

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:41 pm

after admiring it for a day I finally have put all the CDs on my IPod. Currently listening to Yeah, Yeah, Yeah on the St Louis gig! the qualitys superb, surprised this hasnt been released earlier. :clap:

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by James1981 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:44 pm

bigbradwolf wrote:after admiring it for a day I finally have put all the CDs on my IPod. Currently listening to Yeah, Yeah, Yeah on the St Louis gig! the qualitys superb, surprised this hasnt been released earlier. :clap:
Yeah yeah yeah on the St Louis cd is great. For me this song has always been the weak link on killer. Not a bad song but just not up there with the rest of the songs on that album. However the st louis cd really brings this song to life and has really made me appreciate it in a whole new light.
Boomshanka

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:54 pm

James1981 wrote:
bigbradwolf wrote:after admiring it for a day I finally have put all the CDs on my IPod. Currently listening to Yeah, Yeah, Yeah on the St Louis gig! the qualitys superb, surprised this hasnt been released earlier. :clap:
Yeah yeah yeah on the St Louis cd is great. For me this song has always been the weak link on killer. Not a bad song but just not up there with the rest of the songs on that album. However the st louis cd really brings this song to life and has really made me appreciate it in a whole new light.
Its a great live track! Have to say the live cd blew me away, dont think you can appreciate how great the original band were until you listen to this. ACG we salute you! Disagreements in the band aside it would have been interesting to have seen where the band would be now if theyd have stuck together.