Alice Cooper Old School Boxset

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

homerx
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: Alice Cooper Old School Boxset

Post by homerx » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:07 pm

I hope us in the US get it early as the ship date is the 20th estimated by 28th. We shall see

Street Schizo
Killer
Killer

Post by Street Schizo » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:18 pm

homerx wrote:I hope us in the US get it early as the ship date is the 20th estimated by 28th. We shall see
I thought it was suppose to be shipped on June 20th as well. Amazon is saying it will ship on June 28th. I hate waiting.

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:22 pm

I know right...I took off from work on Monday since we have to use our personal time by the end of our fiscal year (June 30) or we lose it....so I thought I would use it for June 20 thinking I would get the boxset that day...alas it looks like the only thing I will get is a 3 day weekend...otherwise...no boxset and the waiting continues.....AAAARGH :) LOL
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"

homerx
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by homerx » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:15 pm

AliceCooper.com lists it as "Shipping to arrive JUNE 20th, 2011". So not sure if that means the 20th it will be here or it ships on. For the price of shipping at AC I should get it by the 20th. LOL.

If Amazon is saying the 28th then depending on your shipping option. it will come day of or a few days latter.

Chickin
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Chickin » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:38 pm

I wasn't actually planning on buying this (thinking that my mom wouldn't let me to) but guess what :) ! She sponsored 50 euros to it! And when I get home with my school results, I can order it. I can't wait! Really thrilled that I ever could have my hands on one of those copies.
For picking up corn and eating worms casually... All Chickins can go to hell

Billie1966
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Billie1966 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:14 am

That's awesome Chickin! Glad you'll be able to get it.

Danny~
"I know their under the bed... That's where they hide"

schinkengott
Killer
Killer

Post by schinkengott » Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:38 pm

I'm really curious if one of our fellow sickthings will find one of the golden tickets...

schinkengott
Thats what a good spider does...you trap....you kill....you eat

Steven Lee Cooper
Killer
Killer

Post by Steven Lee Cooper » Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:37 pm

schinkengott wrote:I'm really curious if one of our fellow sickthings will find one of the golden tickets...

schinkengott
Yes, I thought of that also... the guy who'll find this in his box will really feel like this day is a special personal christmas for him..... With a little luck, I should get this magic box this week... :clap: Waiting becomes harder and harder !
Steven Lee Cooper peeks in the forums when he feels really brave....

schinkengott
Killer
Killer

Post by schinkengott » Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:40 pm

Steven Lee Cooper wrote:
schinkengott wrote:I'm really curious if one of our fellow sickthings will find one of the golden tickets...

schinkengott
Yes, I thought of that also... the guy who'll find this in his box will really feel like this day is a special personal christmas for him..... With a little luck, I should get this magic box this week... :clap: Waiting becomes harder and harder !

expect mine to arrive the day after tomorrow. can't wait!!!!

schinkengott
Thats what a good spider does...you trap....you kill....you eat

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:09 pm

golden ticket?
and how many copies of the box set are there?

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:23 pm

bigbradwolf wrote:golden ticket?
Taken right from AC.com

"5 Golden Tickets have been hidden in Old School box sets worldwide – find one to win a very special VIP concert experience including a meet-and-greet with Alice!"
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by James1981 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:32 pm

bigbradwolf wrote:golden ticket?
and how many copies of the box set are there?
I think it said earlier in this thread somewhere that there was between 3000 or 4000 box sets.
Boomshanka

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:45 pm

Ooo wicked. Just splashed out on a VIP package for Birmingham, be nice to win it for my little bro!

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:16 pm

Well here is the official response from the Cooper team about the boxset's delay:

Dear Chris

Thank you for purchasing the Alice Cooper "Old School" Box Set. We are really excited about this product and think it is a great collectors piece with a ton of rare material form the early days of Alice Cooper. We are even more excited for all of you to get this box set into your hands and to hear all of your comments about it.

Unfortunately, we regret to inform you that your box set will be delayed in shipping. This product was manufactured over-seas in Europe and has been held up in customs. They have been there for several days and we have been fighting feverishly to get them so we could have them in your hands as soon as possible. We are sorry for this delay but we know that the long wait will be worth it once you are able to dig into this great treasure chest of material. We will keep you posted on the status of your purchase as things continue to develop.

Thanks For Your Support
Alice Cooper Official Web-Team
June, 20th 2011
www.AliceCooper.com
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:57 pm

anyone had a sudden discount from Amazon, my original email was £189.58 and now when I log in to my account it's £162.46 money hasnt left yet arrival date June 29 weird but nice
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:07 pm

The price dropped on AmazonUK last week, and you get the lowest price before it is released/charged.

Coopcollector
Trash
Trash

Post by Coopcollector » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:52 pm

Hi!

I recieved my copy today (no golden ticket for me), guess the shipment to Sweden was right on time :)

This is truly a great box-set. It looks and feels luxorious. The content of the DVD and the CD:s is something I´ve longed for since starting listening to Alice Cooper. I just want to say a big thank you to everone involved in realizing this collection.

See you at Gröna Lund, Stockholm July 4:th.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:58 pm

>I just want to say a big thank you to everone involved in realizing this collection.

Thanks. I'll make sure those comments are passed on.

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by James1981 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:08 pm

AlongCameASpider27 wrote:
Unfortunately, we regret to inform you that your box set will be delayed in shipping. This product was manufactured over-seas in Europe and has been held up in customs.
Didnt the Schools out album get held up in customs due to the paper pants? A bit of history repeating itself! :)

Anyways i got my box set today. Unfortunatley the post man came just as i was going to work. Im on an overnighter so i will not get a chance to have a proper look at it until tomorrow afternoon. I did have a quick rummage through it before i left no golden ticket tho! Even my partner who is not into Alice at all said she was impressed by how high quality everything looks and she now understands why i was willing to pay £190. Cant wait to get home from work tomorrow!!
Boomshanka

homerx
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by homerx » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:24 pm

AlongCameASpider27 wrote:Well here is the official response from the Cooper team about the boxset's delay:

Dear Chris

Thank you for purchasing the Alice Cooper "Old School" Box Set. We are really excited about this product and think it is a great collectors piece with a ton of rare material form the early days of Alice Cooper. We are even more excited for all of you to get this box set into your hands and to hear all of your comments about it.

Unfortunately, we regret to inform you that your box set will be delayed in shipping. This product was manufactured over-seas in Europe and has been held up in customs. They have been there for several days and we have been fighting feverishly to get them so we could have them in your hands as soon as possible. We are sorry for this delay but we know that the long wait will be worth it once you are able to dig into this great treasure chest of material. We will keep you posted on the status of your purchase as things continue to develop.

Thanks For Your Support
Alice Cooper Official Web-Team
June, 20th 2011
http://www.AliceCooper.com
Well that might explain the High shipping costs. Hopefully they can get them out of there quickly. get mine by the 4th I hope.