DIMMA
Killer
Killer

Re: Alice Cooper Old School Boxset

Post by DIMMA » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:13 pm

mestreech wrote:
"Is this the whole dvdcontent?
As I thought it was divided in 3 feartures."

Actually, unless I´m mistaken I think the DVD contents shows that there are indeed 3 features.
First feature is the documentary (Chapers 1 - 30) and then it says:

31. Bob Ezrin Chat BONUS

32. Is It My Body Being Processed (Which sounds to me like it may be a peek behind the scenes during the production of the "Treasures" CDs.)

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:55 pm

homerx wrote:I do wonder How Limited it really is I've seen it on most major Sites and for order from some stores as well. The Prices vary greatly. Best Buy having the highest thus far
The number I've heard is 4500. Those places may only be able to sell a certain number themselves in that case.
Me = Winning

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:05 pm

>Actually, unless I´m mistaken I think the DVD contents shows that there are indeed 3 features.

No. The original use of that phrase referred to the three new interviews.

Street Schizo
Killer
Killer

Post by Street Schizo » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:56 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:It had already been announced that it was a documentary, in case you had missed that.
Yes I missed that. Thanks for the info.

Street Schizo
Killer
Killer

Post by Street Schizo » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:01 pm

The only thing missing for me would be a full vintage show on DVD. But besides that, this box set is shaping up to be a winner. I'm really looking forward to it. There's a lot to sink your teeth into. Especially since it's not just a big "best of" set. Can't wait to get it.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:10 am

Street Schizo wrote:The only thing missing for me would be a full vintage show on DVD. But besides that, this box set is shaping up to be a winner. I'm really looking forward to it. There's a lot to sink your teeth into. Especially since it's not just a big "best of" set. Can't wait to get it.

I agree with you. But maybe in the future.

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:29 am

Justin Bieber.
Me = Winning

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:44 am

WickedYoungMan wrote:Justin Bieber.

??????? :x ::((:

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:40 pm

Any reviews out?? except the classicrock one.

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by James1981 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:47 pm

mestreech wrote:Any reviews out?? except the classicrock one.
Heres another one.
http://www.subba-cultcha.com/album-revi ... ntID=24779
Boomshanka

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:15 pm

What a bad informed review. This box wasn't supposed to be a greatest hits set.
What an idiot. ::((:

Dhr.Tepes
Trash
Trash

Post by Dhr.Tepes » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:58 am

Barr-owed a promo version from a friend of mine (he could not stand the "how does this look?" questions of mine :-)) And I can say only this: WOW!!! Looks great! Real beauty!
Sounds are great even though there demo's. some live songs are lesser quality, but still very listenable!
(the Tornedo Warning version of Desperado is among fans better known as Desert Night Thing)
The DVD has great scenes of the 1971 tv show (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HONXAKYyai8) but very good quality! The interviews are great but looks well, They've done it all very quick, the day of the pudding in Cooper's town, with Alice needing to leave after talking' up to the easy action album. So the rest has been discussed by Neil, Dennis and Michael. And Alice did some additional later in the studio with Bob... So that's a pitty... (and Michael is real quiet)
The Vinyl's are very good quality! Haven't play't them yet but there very heavy :-)
The tour book is great altough the flexi disc is printed but not real, pitty but looking at the whole package, Lovin'it!
Definitly worth the money!

Can't wait to get my very own!

DIMMA
Killer
Killer

Post by DIMMA » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:26 am

Dhr.Tepes wrote: "the Tornedo Warning version of Desperado is among fans better known as Desert Night Thing"

Yes but TORNADO WARNING is the original title given to the song by Dennis Dunaway who wrote the original lyrics.

Dhr.Tepes wrote:"The tour book is great altough the flexi disc is printed but not real"

Actually there were 3 versions of the KILLER tour book printed from 1971 - 1972:

The first printing had a small photo of chicken feathers on the back.

The second version had the flexi disc of NOBODY LIKES ME which was later released on THE LIFE & CRIMES OF AC box set in 1999.

The third version had the disc printed on the back cover but no vinyl grooves.

According to the late Brian Nelson, the first version with the feathers is the rarest but the third version (without the grooves) is also more rare today than the version with the flexi disc, which is the most common.

In any case, it was impossible to play the flexi disc without ruining the tour book.

Also, contrary to popular believe (and an error on the LIFE & CRIMES OF AC box set) the flexi disc version of NOBODY LIKES ME was NOT recorded at Whitney Studios, CA in 1968 or 1969.
It was actually recorded in London after the release of KILLER.

Ingo Geirdal

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by James1981 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:00 pm

Ok so the presenter on something for the weekend today said that this Box Set is now sold out. If this is true how many were available? If it has sold out on pre orders im impressed!!
Boomshanka

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:40 pm

>If this is true

It is.

> how many were available?

Between 3,000 and 4,000 I think.

DIMMA
Killer
Killer

Post by DIMMA » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:06 pm

It certainly doesn´t surprise me that the box set has sold out.
Hopefully that will be the end of the discussion on how overpriced this set is and not worth it for the contents.

I am confident that most of the fans who bought this numbered limited edition box set will treasure it for years to come and it will be interesting to see how much it will be going for on ebay in a few years.

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by James1981 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:45 pm

I am so glad now that i had mine pre ordered months ago. I cant wait for it to come in the post. I bet there are a few people who thought they would wait until it came down in price. I bet they are kicking themselves now! It just goes to show how well that this box set has been handled for it to sell out before its even released. Congratulations to all involved!!
Boomshanka

DIMMA
Killer
Killer

Post by DIMMA » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:50 pm

Regarding the flexi disc version of NOBODY LIKES ME, just to clarify;

Though a demo of the song was indeed recorded by the Alice Cooper group in 1968 for PRETTIES FOR YOU, it is not the same recording that was released as a flexi disc with the KILLER tour book.

THE LIFE & CRIMES OF ALICE COOPER lists NOBODY LIKES ME as a previously unreleased DEMO VERSION recorded at the Cooper Topanga Canyon home in 1968, engineered by Les Braiden (the ACG´s roadie at the time) and produced by the Alice Cooper Group.

However, as I stated before this is incorrect information as anything that would have been recorded by the ACG at their Topanga Canyon home would have been recorded as a 2-track and most likely on Michael Bruce´s Telefunken recorder.

The "DEMO VERSION" that appears on TLACOAC is the same as the flexi disc version and was recorded around the time of KILLER (most likely in early November 1971) at AIR studios in London with Bob Ezrin, which explains how great it sounds.

Ingo Geirdal

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:17 pm

>It was actually recorded in London

I did not know that.

>after the release of KILLER.

It would have to have been before that album's release. The band left for America before it came out.