Alice Cooper Old School Boxset

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Alice Cooper Old School Boxset

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:44 pm

elnombre wrote:I don't think its beyond the realms of possibility that a small warehouse and a small team could handle domestic-only distribution of a limited quantity box set. But then, I wasn't aware that 'hundreds of thousands' of copies of Old School were being manufactured! Not so limited edition after all, eh? Or are you the one who's exaggerating?
He said hundreds OR thousands.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:49 pm

Just think how many posts this place will get AFTER the box set is released.

Rumor has it that page 12 of the "yearbook" will need an erratum for an incorrectly label photo. :laugh: Andy - who do I see about that? And most importantly - whose fault is it?

:smack:

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:25 pm

>The 'facts' are that AC.com is misleading customers by not mentioning on their website that pre-orders purchased by clicking on their own 'Rest Of World' link are not eligible for their own offers.

I never disagreed with any of that. What's your point? Why even bring up "the third party" then? It's also a fact that rather than just highlight a problem in a rational way in the manner that James1981 and others have done, you've gone and wound yourself up over something before you've even given anyone tghe chance to look into it and see what needs to be rectified. You don't seem to believe in giving people the benefit of the doubt for some reason.

>Please tell me you're deliberately missing the point.

Only if you tell me you're not being a moron on purpose.

>You have repeatedly said things need clarification, including the point I stated about the website.

That's right. So tell me what purpose is served by complaining in the way you have done before a remedy can be provided?

>I never said Universal weren't distributing it. I never said AC.com were distributing it. I simply said that 3 parties are involved in a purchase made from AC.com - the customer, the website, and Universal.

So what was the point of bringing up the fact that a "third party" is involved and then complaining about it?! You're going round in a circle.

>Another basic fact that you seem to have a problem with.

I have a "problem" with your lack of patience and lack of reason.

>I'm well aware of how album distribution works, thanks,

I'm not so sure. If you were, would you not at least wait until your intitial contact (www.alicecooper.com) is given the chance to investigate this?

> and it's completely irrelevant to the point that AC.com has official link buttons directing to pages where the offer is ineligible and gives no indication of this.

So what was the purpose of complaining about a "third party" then?! You're right - it's not relevant - but YOU brought it up!

>By the way, plenty of artists have people who handle orders directly, especially for limited quantity items like boxsets,

WHO CARES?! Does that mean every set - up is the same?

> so please stop being patronising if you can help it.

Oh, I think I'll carry on having some fun with you, if you don't particularly object.

>I don't think its beyond the realms of possibility that a small warehouse and a small team could handle domestic-only distribution of a limited quantity box set.

In that case, let me be clear as I wouldn't want you to be confused or anything. Alice Cooper does not employ "a small team" for the purpose you describe.

> I wasn't aware that 'hundreds of thousands' of copies of Old School were being manufactured!

Go back and read what I wrote. When you've done that, go and sit in the corner and shut up.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:34 pm

>So in other words, no, nowhere does it state that orders placed for Europe are handled through Universals online store

No, it DOES say that. Look again.

> does it say that European orders are ineligible for the offer,

I never denied that. Don't try and twist my words.

>and customers are redirected without notice to make their purchase through an external site.

There IS "notice". Look again. Again, what is your point?! This whole "third party" issue has nothing to do with this.

>You say that even the US orders clicked on through AC.com are handled through another company, just like the European ones. So basically, there's no such thing as an 'order from AliceCooper.com'.

ARE YOU INSANE?! You are placing an order with a middle - man (http://www.alicecooper.com) which is NOT the same entity as that which will be physically distributing the item.

> None of the orders are made directly through them,

That is false.

> and all are handled and distributed by other
parties, correct?

Yes.

>All the more reason then that the text 'BONUS DOWNLOAD: Included with each Old School Box Set Order from AliceCooper.com' is confusing and misleading.

That's correct but not for the nonsensical reasons stated in your last few posts.

>I said 'If you're suggesting',

That's right and I said I wasn't.

> besides which my definition of fan doesn't stretch to those who steal their music. If you meant something else, by all means, I'm listening.

All I "meant" was that your initial statement was false.

>We can argue semantics, tenses and parties all day, but the fact remains the pre-order page on AC.com as it stands is misleading and should be fixed.

I have never disagreed with that. I said yesterday that it was being looked into but that didn't stop you making some rather absurd claims.

> It is AliceCooper.com's responsibility to make their terms of sale clear.

I never disagreed.

>Customers should not have to dig through press releases, small print, hyperlink text, forum posts, facebook messages or e-mails (which many will not have received) in order to know the full facts of their purchase. End of story.

I'm not saying they should. Do you know why? Because none of that has anything to do with the issue at hand, yet you're the one who raised all those factors. The bonus might just as easily have been made to available to everybody across the world, immaterial of how many distributors there are. Almost everything you've brought up was red herring and extremely tiresome.
Last edited by A_MichaelUK on Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:46 pm

>Just think how many posts this place will get AFTER the box set is released.

What I do believe is that some of the comments I've heard and read about it (as you rightly say before it has even been delivered) makes it less, not more, likely that there will be further archival releases. What would be the point if people are going to react like this before the item is even ready for delivery?

>Rumor has it that page 12 of the "yearbook" will need an erratum for an incorrectly label photo. Andy - who do I see about that?

That page will have my famous roast beef recipe on it.

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by James1981 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:56 pm

Yes it is amazing how neagitive some people have been about this box set. Me im delighted with it, its everything i could of hoped for. Seeing the unpacking video has and hearing the clips has made me even more excited. Its obvious that a lot of hard work and planning has gome into this collection. Roll on the 20th of June, im like a kid wating for christmas day!!
Boomshanka

cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond

Post by cherrypie » Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:28 pm

James1981 wrote:Yes it is amazing how neagitive some people have been about this box set. Me im delighted with it, its everything i could of hoped for. Seeing the unpacking video has and hearing the clips has made me even more excited. Its obvious that a lot of hard work and planning has gome into this collection. Roll on the 20th of June, im like a kid wating for christmas day!!
Indeed. I hope I will be able to afford this before it disappears - meanwhile, I'll just be happy to SEE one of them....
I hate Opera, I hate Oprah
http://www.fountainlife.blogspot.com

Sarah
Killer
Killer

Post by Sarah » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:51 pm

James1981 wrote:Yes it is amazing how neagitive some people have been about this box set. Me im delighted with it, its everything i could of hoped for. Seeing the unpacking video has and hearing the clips has made me even more excited. Its obvious that a lot of hard work and planning has gome into this collection. Roll on the 20th of June, im like a kid wating for christmas day!!
Couldn't agree more!

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:09 am

Personal I find this whole topic very amusing with all the word battles between us.
But I see no negative people over here just fans who have some criticism on some aspect of the box or the sale of it.

And that's a good thing as people can learn from it.
Listen , learn , improve and make it better for the next time.

i appreciate all the hard work Andy, Dimma and a lot of others have done for this box. The result is for me personal almost 100% ( I wait for the dvd, haha) but I think some reactions are taken to personal.

The remark of Andy - open quote (What I do believe is that some of the comments I've heard and read about it (as you rightly say before it has even been delivered) makes it less, not more, likely that there will be further archival releases. What would be the point if people are going to react like this before the item is even ready for delivery?)- end quote I find silly as I think future releases are most likely as this box is a big seller.
If the recordcompany can make some money on future projects there will be future projects, that is what they do for a living.
And there are always fans who are willing to help with future projects.

I close with the words of James1981 :

Roll on 20th of june, I am like a kid waiting for Christmas day.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:18 am

A_MichaelUK wrote:>
That page will have my famous roast beef recipe on it.
You can always send my that roast beef recipe as I like roast beef very much :clap:

Billie1966
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Billie1966 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:04 am

Man!! There is just way too much b@#%&ing about this boxset! Let's face it.. Were never satisfied.. It should of had this, or they missed that.. I am just happy to know that somebody took the time to put this together. Has anybody thought what time and passion must have went into this set? We haven't even seen the finished product yet and
yet there has been so many negative comments.. I'm not looking forward to the reviews when it finally arrives.. We are a critical bunch.

Danny~
"I know their under the bed... That's where they hide"

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:59 am

> this box is a big seller.

How do you know? I hope you're right, though. However, my original comment still stands. If people are going to make make negative pronouncements based on little or no information, I don't see what the point would be.

>If the recordcompany can make some money on future projects there will be future projects, that is what they do for a living.

So the choices are between getting criticism for doing something before it's even finished or delivered and getting criticism after it's finished or delivered. Only one of those is valid.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:00 am

>Has anybody thought what time and passion must have went into this set?

Of course they haven't. They just like to pass comment on things they don't know anything about.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:46 am

A_MichaelUK wrote:>Has anybody thought what time and passion must have went into this set?

Of course they haven't. They just like to pass comment on things they don't know anything about.
Andy, I think that's not fair.
Of course you and others have put very much time and effort in this box and the result is a KILLER, my compliments.
But you're also priviliged that they also asked you to help with this box. I know there are hunderds (+ more) fans who are willing to put all the time they got in a project like this.

And I really don't see all the fuss about it.
For every project (lp/cd / book /box) an artist puts out there are rumours / negative fans / critisicm and the whole charade.
That's part of the expectations fans have about a project.

Don't take this personal as nobody is blaming YOU in person for a disappointment someone has with his dreams of a new project.

There are already raving comments on this box and that should make you proud.
Fans are a bitch but necessary for an artist.

So and now I'm gonna take a beer in the sun.
Happy sunday.

PS. I'm still waiting for that roast beef :rock:

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:22 pm

>Andy, I think that's not fair.

How did you work that out? I wasn't referring to you but also I don't see how you can defend anyone who passes a hasty judgement on any subject, not just this.

> and the result is a KILLER, my compliments.

That's nice of you to say so and I don't want to appear ungrateful, but that comment will mean more *after* you have the box set in your possession.

> I know there are hunderds (+ more) fans who are willing to put all the time they got in a project like this.

I'm not sure I see the connection between this and premature and unfounded criticism.

>And I really don't see all the fuss about it.

Well, here's how it works. Some people make unfounded claims and those claims are rebutted. Then, the people who's claims were rebutted don't like having their claims rebutted and try to justify them (even though they are starting from an ill - informed position) when instead, they should be waiting until they have the item in their position. That's what most reasonable people do. They don't go around shooting their mouths off without knowing a little about the subject under discussion. I have no problem with any constructive criticism, but comments based on nothing have no validity and some people don't seem to understand that.

>For every project (lp/cd / book /box) an artist puts out there are rumours / negative fans / critisicm and the whole charade.

Of course. That doesn't make it right, though.

>That's part of the expectations fans have about a project.

Yes, that's true. What happens when people's "expectations" aren't met, even though those same "expectations" are based on delusion, misinformation and speculation, though? I think you know the answer to that.

>Don't take this personal this personal

I never did. All I've done is point out the reality and to try to correct some pretty silly assertions.

>in person for a disappointment someone has with his dreams of a new project.

That's my point. In most cases, the "dreams" are created by the kind of person you mention.

>There are already raving comments on this box and that should make you proud.

I know.

>Happy sunday.

Thanks. You too.

elnombre
Trash
Trash

Post by elnombre » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:42 pm

Just to clarify, I've expressed no dissatisfaction with the boxset or its content.

I have made comments, echoed by many others both here and on facebook, that the manner in which the mp3 offer has been executed is confusing. I have been told I'm 'wrong', it's 'not confusing', it's not unclear, it just (anachronistically) 'needs clarification' by someone who claims to be able to 'take criticism' but simply can't give an inch.

It's clear that this person has a huge need to puff-out his chest and exert his superiority over mere fans by using phrases like 'shut up' and branding people 'morons' in order to prove his non-existent points.

>Of course they haven't. They just like to pass comment on things they don't know anything about.

Contrary to the hypocritical and condescending presumptions of this individual, I've worked extensively in the music business and had association with Alice and his UK reps in the past, working with Sharon Chevin and others on promotion during the UK Dragontown tour, which as a long-term fan was a tremendously enjoyable and memorable experience.

I have however, never spoken to anyone involved with AC or any other artist who harboured such a snot-nosed, confrontational, unprofessional, attitude towards fans.

I'm sure plenty of people are willing to tolerate your childish 'the fans make things soooo hard', 'the fans don't know how things work', 'the fans criticise things ', 'no one appreciates my hard work' sobbing self-pitying nonsense in order to get the few bits of info you can provide. Personally, I'd rather not endure you or your laughable, bullheaded stupidity any longer.

Your work for Alice may be stellar, A_Michael, but I suspect if he saw this thread and a few others your aggressive, overly defensive manner would be an embarrassment to him.

Take care.
Last edited by elnombre on Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

alan1958
Killer
Killer

Post by alan1958 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:45 pm

ELNOMBRE SAID ;
I, party one, (the customer) am made an offer by AC.com, party two. I follow the links for that offer on AC.com and they redirect my order to Universal, party three. There is no question that European orders are being handled by a third party.

What is it about this paragraph that makes me think of Groucho Marx ???

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:49 pm

elnombre wrote: I have however, never spoken to anyone involved with AC or any other artist who harboured such a snot-nosed, confrontational, unprofessional, attitude towards fans. Your work for Alice may be stellar, A_Michael, but I suspect if he saw this thread and a few others your aggressive, overly defensive manner would be an embarrassment to him.

Take care.
To be fair though, some of your posts in this thread could be described as 'confrontational' and 'aggressive'. I fail to understand why this offer of bonus content has upset you so much. It's not as if anyone has deliberately tried to mislead you or mis-sell the product.

elnombre
Trash
Trash

Post by elnombre » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:54 pm

While Heaven Wept wrote:
elnombre wrote: I have however, never spoken to anyone involved with AC or any other artist who harboured such a snot-nosed, confrontational, unprofessional, attitude towards fans. Your work for Alice may be stellar, A_Michael, but I suspect if he saw this thread and a few others your aggressive, overly defensive manner would be an embarrassment to him.

Take care.
To be fair though, some of your posts in this thread could be described as 'confrontational' and 'aggressive'. I fail to understand why this offer of bonus content has upset you so much. It's not as if anyone has deliberately tried to mislead you or mis-sell the product.
To be fair, I'm not a professional who worked on the product in question, and I don't work with Alice. If I take it upon myself to represent a product I worked on, some level of civility would be nice.

The misleading mp3 promotion was annoying. A_Michael's continuous and aggressive denial and refusal to accept the mere point that things had been handled in a 'confusing' way was what angered me.
Last edited by elnombre on Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

elnombre
Trash
Trash

Post by elnombre » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:56 pm

alan1958 wrote:ELNOMBRE SAID ;
I, party one, (the customer) am made an offer by AC.com, party two. I follow the links for that offer on AC.com and they redirect my order to Universal, party three. There is no question that European orders are being handled by a third party.

What is it about this paragraph that makes me think of Groucho Marx ???
If it made you think of Groucho Marx, it's all being worth it. ;) Bye