Alice Cooper urges young stars to behave

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

suziginajackson
Killer
Killer

Alice Cooper urges young stars to behave

Post by suziginajackson » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:10 pm

"Alice Cooper has warned young stars to behave themselves or risk ruining their career with drink and drugs.

The music veteran enjoyed the rock 'n' roll lifestyle to the full throughout his early years in the spotlight, but has been sober since kicking his addictions in the 1980s.

Cooper fears young stars of today will still fall victim to the same problems that blighted his career, but he's convinced they won't be able to bounce back as easily - and he's urging them to take more care or risk losing everything they have worked for.

He tells Fox News, "It was fun in the '60s and '70s but those days are gone, if you are living in this day and age there are way too many things to stop your career and not enough things to keep it going. In this business... you have to be totally professional, always be there half an hour early not half an hour late. Be ready to work and do what you are supposed to do.

"If you're doing a movie, know your lines, if you're doing an album then don't show up and not know what you're doing because that's the stereotypical thing people think rock stars are... it's not really true. We get in the studio and know exactly what we're doing.... If you wanted to stick around you really had to be professional.

"Our band really believed in that. We were over-rehearsed, we never dared come in late. What that says to me is that my time is more important than yours, and that is insulting. You don't need enemies in this business, you need friends.""

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/1/20110306/ten ... 0bd6d.html
People try to put us down
Just because we get around

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Re: Alice Cooper urges young stars to behave

Post by Shoesalesman » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:03 pm

Especially in this day and age of the "here today, gone tomorrow" disposable entertainment, bands and stars have even more limited time even if they do behave, compared to the longevity of older bands/stars.

Having said that, being out of control and in the media in a negative way can almost sustain a career. One has to look no further than some actors out there currently riding on the shoulders of negative behavior and not so much on talent that got them there.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

Gorehound
Blonde and Proud butler
Blonde and Proud butler

Post by Gorehound » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:00 pm

Shoesalesman wrote:...and not so much on talent that got them there.
Or lack of!
Flesh fanatic psychopath

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:29 am

Having said that, being out of control and in the media in a negative way can almost sustain a career. One has to look no further than some actors out there currently riding on the shoulders of negative behavior and not so much on talent that got them there.[/quote]

lindsay lohan and charlie sheen step forward please.

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by James1981 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:05 pm

Maybe if Alice does full blown tour with the original band he could hit the bottle again. For old times sake!!
Boomshanka

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:21 pm

James1981 wrote:Maybe if Alice does full blown tour with the original band he could hit the bottle again. For old times sake!!
::((:
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:36 pm

Consider Alice's statement to be a brave one in his position, where for some stars image comes first-with regard to Alice "could hit the bottle again" by touring with original band members-I think you are joking James..if you are not joking,Alice will have had many people around him who have drunk alcohol and may even have rules for himself and others in place..he has managed to rehabilitate his career for 20 odd years-for what its worth I have worked as an alcohol counsellor and its a serious subject-I am sure Alice easily copes without alcohol whatever the pressures
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by James1981 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:05 pm

I am of course joking. As Alice fans we should all be able to appreciate a dark sense of humour.
Boomshanka

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:08 pm

I for one,just can't embrace calling it the original band without glen...close,but not quite for me. do I want mike,neal,dennis,and maybe damon or steve hunter to be the "new line-up" though? oh yes! :rock: