Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

evil syd
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: Sick things.......

Post by evil syd » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:57 am

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
evil syd wrote: is it really?
most of the stuff on that album are Alice's regular live songs.......no more mr. nice guy, I love the dead, elected, sick things for years...classics!

then you got raped and freezing
hello hooraye
billion dollar babies
unfinished sweet
generation lamdslide
maryanne
come on, it's real alice cooper, is there this hair metal days album that's better? :yawn:
j/k :p
I know, music is all about different taste, but it's a true blue alice cooper album, it's part of his identity, it's a lot about what he is, darkness, humor, ballads,strange influences, it's all there, it's all there.
COOPER CLASSIC!
What if someone doesn't like "Welcome To My Nightmare"? That's a big part of his set, yet I know there are people that don't care for that album compared to the earlier albums.

I'm not one of those people, but I've seen those sentiments expressed.

Are you the arbiter of all things Alice Cooper?
I hate most of his hair metal day albums, he had a few good songs on each one. You know, constictor, raise your fists, trash, they were made because that music was very popular at the time and most musicians have to go with the flow unfortunately. He had to get back out there. The limelight.I mean the only song he performs from them is poison, which I do like. It's all about taste I agree. But there are certain albums that define an artist like sgt. pepper with the beatles. Billion is one of them with coop. I love alice's punk day albums,flush, zipper,forces, dada, but I could see that being all about taste.
Hating WTMN is a sin LOL! :x
DoCtOrS wAnT To ChEcK Me, PoKe Me, AnD DiSsEcT Me......

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:29 am

I think they give you 2 years in prison for not liking WTMN

The son of Don Quijote
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by The son of Don Quijote » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:39 am

As I said earlier I really enjoy those songs in concerts. I am a very big and passionate music fan in general. I constantly collect and listen to albums. I have a large music collection. And when you're passionate about music it is inevitable that you find albums that are hugely disliked by great audience but you love them and sometimes also an opposite situation may happen. You may find an album that is widely praised but you find it overrated. When you're passionate about some artform you don't always feel the same way as a big audience.

I don't think it makes me any less of an Alice Cooper fan that I'm not crazy about Billion dollar babies. It's just silly to say: "You are not a fan of this artist, if you don't like this album". I will definately buy every studio album he will release and also all of his concert DVDs and I think his concerts are amazing.

With the same wrong logic someone might say that I'm not a real Frank Zappa fan because I don't like Hot rats even though I own about 30 of his albums and have very deep knowledge of his music.

People are entitled to their opinions and it is exciting to know we don't all think the same way. If we did, there would never be discussion or debate and that would be so boring.

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:43 am

well put. Most evrything in life is subjective,that's the great thing about the large discography of alice..he actually has different genre's within his discography,and isn't that a treat for his fans?

evil syd
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by evil syd » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:28 pm

The son of Don Quijote wrote:As I said earlier I really enjoy those songs in concerts. I am a very big and passionate music fan in general. I constantly collect and listen to albums. I have a large music collection. And when you're passionate about music it is inevitable that you find albums that are hugely disliked by great audience but you love them and sometimes also an opposite situation may happen. You may find an album that is widely praised but you find it overrated. When you're passionate about some artform you don't always feel the same way as a big audience.

I don't think it makes me any less of an Alice Cooper fan that I'm not crazy about Billion dollar babies. It's just silly to say: "You are not a fan of this artist, if you don't like this album". I will definately buy every studio album he will release and also all of his concert DVDs and I think his concerts are amazing.

With the same wrong logic someone might say that I'm not a real Frank Zappa fan because I don't like Hot rats even though I own about 30 of his albums and have very deep knowledge of his music.

People are entitled to their opinions and it is exciting to know we don't all think the same way. If we did, there would never be discussion or debate and that would be so boring.
well put, but you still enjoy the songs live in some form or fashion. I'm just talking about if someone hated the songs completely.
Last edited by evil syd on Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

evil syd
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by evil syd » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:29 pm

scotty wrote:I think they give you 2 years in prison for not liking WTMN
longer!

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:54 pm

hanging or off with their heads-just looked it up in "cooper's law"!

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:13 pm

evil syd wrote:
Shoesalesman wrote:
evil syd wrote:To be honest,I feel a person has no right being a cooper fan if he doesn't like it....
Now that's just being silly.
is it really?
Affirmative.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond

Post by cherrypie » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:15 pm

I hated Sick Things when I first got B$D in 1973.....still hate it now....*runs away*
I hate Opera, I hate Oprah
http://www.fountainlife.blogspot.com

Sarah
Killer
Killer

Post by Sarah » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:42 am

I love the song, and the whole album in general. There isn't one song I dislike on the album, it's one of my absolute favourites.

evil syd
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by evil syd » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:49 am

Sarah wrote:I love the song, and the whole album in general. There isn't one song I dislike on the album, it's one of my absolute favourites.
yup, it's a gem!
I just played it a few hours ago,it never gets old.....

.....only I do :angry:

ALICEROCKS
Killer
Killer

Post by ALICEROCKS » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:13 pm

I love Sick Things. Ofcourse its all about us fans!
I Gotta get outta this place,I'll go runnin in outer space yeah!...."Im Eighteen".

evil syd
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by evil syd » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:26 pm

exactly! :8):

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:17 am

Billion Dollar Babies is a great album it is not overrated there are no weak tracks if you don't like it you are missing out just like if you don't like Welcome To My Nightmare you are missing out. They are as much the essence of Alice Cooper as Killer, Love It To Death and School's Out.
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:43 am

Again, it's one of those that only REALLY works in the studio - mainly because of the vocal - it needs that clarity and expressiveness.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:43 am

Gunner wrote:Again, it's one of those that only REALLY works in the studio - mainly because of the vocal - it needs that clarity and expressiveness.
NO! it worked live on the 73 tour just sounded different as most live performances do.

People need to understand when you buy a studio album you are not buying a live show, as Alice has said "you make the best album you can and then build a show around the songs"

Why can't people understand this?
::((:
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:18 pm

>it worked live on the 73 tour just sounded different as most live performances do

It was also performed quite brilliantly on the 1991 tour as well.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:25 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>it worked live on the 73 tour just sounded different as most live performances do

It was also performed quite brilliantly on the 1991 tour as well.
it sure was a great show with the return of the magic screen and the awesome Stef Burns on guitar