Anyone spot the inconsistent reasoning?

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Anyone spot the inconsistent reasoning?

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:02 pm

Do dogs really eat dogs? I have never heard of this happening.

Gorehound
Blonde and Proud butler
Blonde and Proud butler

Post by Gorehound » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:24 pm

Smart arse :p
Flesh fanatic psychopath

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:01 pm

Grrr. Arrrr. Woof :evil:

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:40 pm

Could that guy actually have an odd sense of humor, in real life????
Very 'odd' it seems. " I'm going to ram a steak down a vegan's throat..ha ha ha ha..ho ho ho and bottle of rum!'. Stick to your night job Alice! ;-)
A deer is an endangered animal?
The one Alice was referring to is and that's the one that was in the context of the 'conversation' at the time.
People kill people in struggles for survival. People kill animals in a struggle for survival. Animals kill animals in a struggle for survival.
Have we moved on a bit since then though??
Meat is a natural part of our diet just as it is a natural part of a big cat's diet, or a wolf's or a bear's (or most importantly a ferret's ).
But we have moved on from a cat and a wolf and there are alternatives that give the same nutrition and tastes as good.
Therefore I don't see a problem with eating meat. The animal gives its life so that we might live.
Try a Mozarella pizza, you can live – you can live!!!
The fact of the matter is, it's taking life, barbaric and uneccessary in this day and age as is using its fur for warmth.
If any of you saw an animal led to its slaughter and smelt the fear one day, watched a beautiful powerful beast drop to its poor knees instead of just picking up some nice sealed pink stuff to smother in sauces to place in your stomach graveyard - you might think again, but I tend to think that people conveniently blank all that out in pure selfishness and nothing else.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:49 pm

As Dennis Leary said "meat is murder and murder sure tastes good!"

Big Unit anyone?
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:03 pm

>Very 'odd' it seems.

What about the lyrics to "I Love The Dead" then?

Headbangers Ball
Yorkshire Rose
Yorkshire Rose

Post by Headbangers Ball » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:24 pm

steven_crayn wrote:As Dennis Leary said "meat is murder and murder sure tastes f*cking good!"

Big Unit anyone?
Ha ha ha!!

As I sit here in my mink coat, admiring my matching alligator shoes and handbag, checking the time on my watch with the crocodile strap, it suddenly dawns on me what to make for tea!

Steak and chips! :rotfl:

Sense of humour for dessert anyone?! :alice:
IF YOU GET UP IN THE MORNING, ITS A GOOD DAY!

Lisacooper91
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Lisacooper91 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:33 pm

Gunner wrote: Very 'odd' it seems. " I'm going to ram a steak down a vegan's throat..ha ha ha ha..ho ho ho and bottle of rum!'. Stick to your night job Alice! ;-)
What about:
"You'd even force-feed a diabetic a candy cane"

Same kind of humour.
Gunner wrote: Try a Mozarella pizza, you can live – you can live!!!
The fact of the matter is, it's taking life, barbaric and uneccessary in this day and age as is using its fur for warmth.
If any of you saw an animal led to its slaughter and smelt the fear one day, watched a beautiful powerful beast drop to its poor knees instead of just picking up some nice sealed pink stuff to smother in sauces to place in your stomach graveyard - you might think again, but I tend to think that people conveniently blank all that out in pure selfishness and nothing else.
I DO agree on this by the way. So true.
Last edited by Lisacooper91 on Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The sanest days are mad.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:37 pm

Gunner wrote:But we have moved on from a cat and a wolf and there are alternatives that give the same nutrition and tastes as good.
Therefore I don't see a problem with eating meat. The animal gives its life so that we might live.
Try a Mozarella pizza, you can live – you can live!!!

Enough. This is an Alice Cooper board and not the place for you to lecture us all on your personal beliefs.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:30 pm

"Well, I ain't no veggie, like my flesh on the bone
Alive and lickin' on your ice cream cone"

as Alice once said he never understood vegetarianism.

Save the lettuce unless it's with a nice juicy steak medium and some English mustard!
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:31 pm

Gunner,
A short lesson from an old science teacher. The human teeth are designed to masticate both plant and animal matter. Our digestive system has enzymes and gastric juices that break down both plant and animal matter. We are, physically and biologically, omnivores.

BTW....I would pay to see the altercation that results when 63 year old Alice Cooper tries to "ram a steak down the throat" of 68 year old McCartney. THAT should be an epic contest! :rotfl:

Tofu treats anyone? ::((:

Lisacooper91
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Lisacooper91 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:42 pm

GNDM wrote:A short lesson from an old science teacher. The human teeth are designed to masticate both plant and animal matter. Our digestive system has enzymes and gastric juices that break down both plant and animal matter. We are, physically and biologically, omnivores.
It's not the fact that we are "built" for eating animals, but it's about the way we treat them.
The sanest days are mad.

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:04 pm

GNDM wrote:Gunner,
A short lesson from an old science teacher. The human teeth are designed to masticate both plant and animal matter. Our digestive system has enzymes and gastric juices that break down both plant and animal matter. We are, physically and biologically, omnivores.
Erm... i'm not sure that's strictly true. I've read a few reports which state the exact opposite...and that the gastric juices and digestive system were designed to break down raw root vegetables (pre-modern age cooking etc).

But yeah, i agree with Gunner in the sense that most people today have absolutely no regard for the way the meat has been prepared. I am not a vegetarian however (where possible) i source my meat from local farmers and butchers who treat their animals ethically and with respect.

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:16 pm

Gunner wrote:

Very 'odd' it seems. " I'm going to ram a steak down a vegan's throat..ha ha ha ha..ho ho ho and bottle of rum!'. Stick to your night job Alice! ;-)
Why do you persist in going back to this idea of Alice ramming it down Paul's throat? There was no indication it was going to be a forced activity. You're really sensationalizing it and feeding your own agenda by using the verb "ram."
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:26 am

Joking aside if you don't wanna eat meat fine but don't preach to us carnivores that we are murderers, the food fascists would make better use of their time going after those that ritually slaughter animals in accordance with Islamic rites which is barbaric and did you know that this meat is often used without telling the unsuspecting public at rock concerts in the burger stalls.
Such is the creeping attempted islamification of the western world.

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:14 am

steven_crayn wrote:Joking aside if you don't wanna eat meat fine but don't preach to us carnivores that we are murderers, the food fascists would make better use of their time going after those that ritually slaughter animals in accordance with Islamic rites which is barbaric and did you know that this meat is often used without telling the unsuspecting public at rock concerts in the burger stalls.
I'm sorry Steven, but that is hugely racist and ill-informed. I think you've been paying too much attention to Nick Griffin.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:00 pm

While Heaven Wept wrote:
steven_crayn wrote:Joking aside if you don't wanna eat meat fine but don't preach to us carnivores that we are murderers, the food fascists would make better use of their time going after those that ritually slaughter animals in accordance with Islamic rites which is barbaric and did you know that this meat is often used without telling the unsuspecting public at rock concerts in the burger stalls.
I'm sorry Steven, but that is hugely racist and ill-informed. I think you've been paying too much attention to Nick Griffin.
You really are an idiot jumping to conclusions about who i pay attention to and what is racist.

It is a fact that Halal meat has been used at rock gigs without people knowing and this made the national press from a source that had nothing to do with the BNP and there was uproar about it.

Wake up and smell your fair trade coffee you fool, just like America will when on the 10th anniverasry of 9/11 the president allows a mosque to be opened near ground zero and the people with any sense will say enough is enough.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:57 pm

Getting way off topic.
Please get back or thread will be locked.
And stop the insults as well!

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:19 pm

I'd never heard of Halal meat until I read this.
After watching how the animals are killed It made me sick. At the very least the meat should be labelled Halal so the consumer can make the decision whether to buy or not.

Although Alice was joking I can see how his comments could upset Gunner.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:44 pm

pitkin88 wrote:I'd never heard of Halal meat until I read this.
After watching how the animals are killed It made me sick. At the very least the meat should be labelled Halal so the consumer can make the decision whether to buy or not.

Although Alice was joking I can see how his comments could upset Gunner.
And watch out next time you are in McDonalds

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... meals.html