Post by GailsFriend » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:15 pm

all of this is speculative....
"What part of DEAD don't you get?"

SKULLBOY
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: New Album

Post by SKULLBOY » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:54 pm

GailsFriend wrote:all of this is speculative....
What are you referring to?
"I was scared to death, afraid to close my eyes
And find that I was gone . . . "

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by James1981 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:42 am

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but i just got the latest issue of classic rock and in it Rob Zombie says that he has recorded some vocals with Alice for Welcome 2 My Nightmare.
Boomshanka

Pitta
Killer
Killer

Post by Pitta » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:59 am

Intresting news about the relase date...Halloween...I think we have to wait to much :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2HWgGm6UhI
Where's my make-up, where's my face ?

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:18 am

hehe-he mentions vince gill maybe being on it-kidding (I think)..I would think vince neil maybe,vince furnier definately,but gill?!!! "a whole new production around the album". love it,since I'm one of those fans still whining about no tour centered around ACAS after video spots and the fact it was a concept album.

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:35 pm

scotty wrote:hehe-he mentions vince gill maybe being on it-kidding (I think)..I would think vince neil maybe,vince furnier definately,but gill?!!! "a whole new production around the album". love it,since I'm one of those fans still whining about no tour centered around ACAS after video spots and the fact it was a concept album.
Certainly wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility....since we know for a fact they were at the hockey game together last week, and were (are?) both in Nashville.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:41 pm

Great news and I do hope he's serious about a whole new tour about the album.

Holly Grail
Killer
Killer

Post by Holly Grail » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:57 pm

So the only thing still urnevealed is whether he kicks off with the "Theater Of Death" or not ..I think it is very possible to change the show after the album release,but I DEMAND! a little bit different settlist this summer :grin:

revinkevin
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by revinkevin » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:40 pm

Sounds like a long wait to hear any new stuff live. I liked the Theater of Death as much as the next guy, but it's getting a little long in the tooth. If the new album does come out at Halloween and he does decide to do a full blown tour of it like he has been saying, I imagine we won't get to see the tour until the following year around spring. Way too long to wait. I liked it better back in the old days. Make a album and tour to support it when it gets released.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:16 pm

I'm just glad it looks like it's going to be this year. I think a Halloween release will be fun. I do hope he's touring my neck of the woods in that time frame.

As far as the show, I can live with another Spring/Summer of TOD since they'll probably have their hands full working on the new show to coincide with the new album.

At least I hope they tour it this year when the album is released as opposed to waiting until the next touring cycle in 2012.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:14 pm

>I liked it better back in the old days. Make a album and tour to support it when it gets released.

What makes you think that isn't going to happen? Some shows have already been announced for around the time of the album's planned release.

revinkevin
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by revinkevin » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:09 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>I liked it better back in the old days. Make a album and tour to support it when it gets released.

What makes you think that isn't going to happen? Some shows have already been announced for around the time of the album's planned release.
It might happen. But when I read and see Alice say the new album will have a full blown tour to go with it, I think that involves new props and rehearsals to go along with it. That usually takes time. Full blown means to me a 60 plus tour date, not a few shows in France. That and the fact that Alice usually wraps up his touring schedule in early December and puts more time into the Pudding show and golf from then until spring, I'm thinking next year for a "full blown" tour if in fact it is a Halloween release. What makes you think different ?

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:19 pm

First off, I'm with Scotty, I definitely wanted a full blown tour for ACAS since the videos, the story, etc, begged for one...pretty ticked it never happened....despite how much fun the TOD was...as for the Theater of Death, as long as he changes up the setlist with other rarities and such to liven it up, I could definitely live with it being our summer/fall tour. I just don't see Alice touring with the Nightmare 2 show in the early fall if the album doesn't come out until Halloween...then again, I could be wrong. I do know that he once said that he would have to make the Nightmare 2 show every bit as big as the original Nightmare show or bigger so conceivably we could be seeing Alice's biggest production to date.
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:37 pm

> That usually takes time.

Not necessarily. The Theatre Of Death tour was rehearsed between the end of the shows in Russia and the start of the American tour. The same thing could quite easily happen again especially as the intention is for others to do their work while Alice is performing the last few "Theatre oF Death" shows. For the sake of my sanity, don't make assumptions about things you don't know anything about.

>Full blown means to me a 60 plus tour date, not a few shows in France.

WHO SAID THOSE WOULD BE THE ONLY SHOWS?!

>That and the fact that Alice usually wraps up his touring schedule in early December

WHO CARES?! You're ignoring September and October and even if what you say is correct and the next tour starts in Europe, I hope you're not suggesting that you can't wait from November to say January to see an Alice Cooper show?!

> What makes you think different ?

The fact that I talk to Alice's tour manager every day, for a start but if that's not good enough for you, I refer you to Alice's tour schedule for 2009 as well.

revinkevin
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by revinkevin » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:23 pm

Actually Michael from the UK, I will make any assumption I care to. As for the sake of your sanity, well you may have a point because it sounds like you are not wrapped too tight. As for waiting until January to see Alice, I kind of doubt that will happen as I don't think he will embark on a US tour in January or Feb for that matter. I know, that's an assumption on my part. Too bad for you. Get use to it. And I am so glad you talk to Alice's tour manager everyday. Bet that makes you feel important. However it does not make you important to me. And I have been going to Alice concerts since 1971. I find that interesting but not terribly important.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:32 pm

>Actually Michael from the UK, I will make any assumption I care to.

Then be prepared for the eventuality of being proved wrong. One assumption you're making is that a new show can't be prepared if Alice is otherwise engaged. The last tour proved that is a false assumption.

>As for the sake of your sanity, well you may have a point because it sounds like you are not wrapped too tight.

I'll be the judge of that.

> will embark on a US tour in January or Feb for that matter.

Me neither, but I figured if I said May or June, then your head would explode.

> I know, that's an assumption on my part. Too bad for you. Get use to it.

Then you can also "Get used to" having your assumptions challenged.

> And I am so glad you talk to Alice's tour manager everyday. Bet that makes you feel important.

Not especially.

>However it does not make you important to me.

Who said I was?

> And I have been going to Alice concerts since 1971. I find that interesting but not terribly important.

You're right. It isn't.

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:06 am

Why don't we wait for the year to unfold to see what happens with the tour and album? Seems like a waste of time, typing and energy to speculate on what may or may not happen or when it could happen. Until the album is in hand and the W2MN tickets bought at the venue everything is up in the air.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:18 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:
> And I have been going to Alice concerts since 1971. I find that interesting but not terribly important.

You're right. It isn't.
That made me literally choke on my cup of tea!

:laugh:

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:53 pm

James1981 wrote:Not sure if this has been mentioned before but i just got the latest issue of classic rock and in it Rob Zombie says that he has recorded some vocals with Alice for Welcome 2 My Nightmare.
This is the first I've heard about that, was there any more information about that ? I would like to read that interview. I read Slash will be playing on it too
"THEY'RE NEVER GONNA FIND YOUR FACE"

- ALICE COOPER