Rock Hall Induction Performance

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Give the kid a break
Killer
Killer

Re: Rock Hall Induction Performance

Post by Give the kid a break » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:06 am

well, if the "chicken" comes back we should also have a pineapple upside down cake.

Just sayin...
Don't know why i'm down here, must be something I said.......

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:56 am

Bringing a chicken onstage would be so funny,after the incident has gotten talked about to death! all that's missing is just a funny line,and then gently setting the chicken down(of course)this time.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:44 am

I think the significance of the chicken would be lost on most of the audience there.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:04 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:I think the significance of the chicken would be lost on most of the audience there.
Very true. Besides, he'd have to throw it into the crowd. and the SPCA would be watching.

shock rock
Killer
Killer

Post by shock rock » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:40 pm

How about a medley of 18/Wheels/Lover/School/Babies/Nice Guy.then do a brand new cut from Nightmare 2!!..something the ACB wrote for the cd??
You Can Take My Head And Cut It Off
But You Ain't Gonna Change My Mind

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:06 pm

While we know what they are likely to play, how about:
Hello Hurray
Dead Babies/Killer
I love The Dead (except)
Elected

With theatrics.

Should upset a few people :)

shock rock
Killer
Killer

Post by shock rock » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:26 pm

HAHA!!,that would surely do the trick!.especially those middle songs.with all the industry people there,it would be a great opportunity to showcase a new song.
You Can Take My Head And Cut It Off
But You Ain't Gonna Change My Mind

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:57 am

According to Cleveland.com presenters for the awards include:
Elton John, Paul Simon, Neil Young, Bette Midler and John Legend

Before anyone says it, Elton just did an album with Leon Russell (who is also being inducted in a different catagory "for Recording Excellence") so is unlikely to do Alice.

Out of that list my bet is Midler, as her stage shows were very Cooper influenced, she used Alice's nightmare band at one point, and Alice Cooper are primarily being inducted for their influence on stageshows. Just a guess though. Obviously more presenters yet to be announced so still could be be anyone..

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:13 pm

One of the comments in that article you linked to Si says that Midler appeared on one of Tom Waits' albums.

It would seem to me that Alice's inducter wouldn't be on that list.

I'm putting my money on Rob Zombie. He's successful in both the music and film business, he's articulate and they just toured together.

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:16 pm

Yeah I think Rob Zombie or maybe even Lady Gaga if they want a more current big name person who's stage show is obviously very influenced by Alice Cooper. I still think Rob Zombie though, I really can't see Midler doing it
"THEY'RE NEVER GONNA FIND YOUR FACE"

- ALICE COOPER

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:45 pm

I'd love to see Bette Midler presenting that award.

And I like your choice of songs Si :grin:

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:00 pm

just a sidenote, midler sang the excellent 'I never talk to strangers' with Tom Waits, so i would be very surprised if it wasn't her that presented waits, my money's on rob zombie. By the way has there been any more talk of the one off reunion gigs that Alice had mentioned, hopefully the induction will push that along.

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:45 pm

Alice Cooper are primarily being inducted for their influence on stageshows.
The fact that he/they added a whole new vocal sound and technique (emulated since by many), and whole new approach to lyric subject matter (hammered the 'love me baby don't leave me'), a whole new look (that influenced generations to this day) of ruffled hair and ripped jeans, came up with the first 'video album' (WTMN TV special) and arguably the very first promotional pop video is neither here nor there I suspect!?

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:21 pm

Gunner wrote:
Alice Cooper are primarily being inducted for their influence on stageshows.
The fact that he/they added a whole new vocal sound and technique (emulated since by many), and whole new approach to lyric subject matter (hammered the 'love me baby don't leave me'), a whole new look (that influenced generations to this day) of ruffled hair and ripped jeans, came up with the first 'video album' (WTMN TV special) and arguably the very first promotional pop video is neither here nor there I suspect!?
That's all great stuff, but the real answer is what the voters are aware of.

I'm guessing they were primarily influenced by the legend of the theatrics and also all the classic rock staples that continue to get widespread airplay.

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:26 pm

a whole new look (that influenced generations to this day) of ruffled hair and ripped jeans, came up with the first 'video album' (WTMN TV special) and arguably the very first promotional pop video is neither here nor there I suspect!?
Isn't that a part of, or at least an extension of, the AC stage show? I don't think you can deny that their non-musical side is what set them apart. You can argue lyrics and sound all day long - but their appearance and actions (on stage and off) are what put them over the top. If the guys had gone on stage in "Beatle suits" or worn CSNY die-dyed shirts and jeans....we wouldn't be talking about them now. IMO

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:45 pm

GNDM wrote: Isn't that a part of, or at least an extension of, the AC stage show? I don't think you can deny that their non-musical side is what set them apart. You can argue lyrics and sound all day long - but their appearance and actions (on stage and off) are what put them over the top. If the guys had gone on stage in "Beatle suits" or worn CSNY die-dyed shirts and jeans....we wouldn't be talking about them now. IMO
I agree that the theatrics had a big impact, but I think you sell the music a little short.

Musically, this band put together a string of albums of pure genius if you ask me. They had a 4 album run from LITD thru BDB that rivals any band short of maybe The Beatles.

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:49 pm

there are so many reasons why AC group has been voted in, the vanguard of theatrics, the great music, longevity, Alice's great interview technique and on...... just read on classic rock that Alice is organising some special dates with the original band.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:44 pm

> Alice's great interview technique

I don't think that's one of the criteria.

daytripper
Dada God
Dada God

Post by daytripper » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:15 am

:clap: Bette would be great and could easily add much humor to it.
I think" Elected "would fit into this night, After all...they finally were. :alice:

I also think" No More Mr Nice Guy " would work well and I know it should be songs from the" The Alice Cooper Group" and not solo Alice.
* for being a brat, refusing to act your age*
* http://www.myspace.com/daytripper63 *

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:24 am

Elected would be a superb choice, as regards to interview technique not being one of the criteria, dah!!!! I'm not saying that it is but his great interviews, the fact that the media love him and ask him on their shows is one of the main reasons that he has stayed in the public eye for all these decades. Even my brother, who can't stand the music, love's seeing Alice getting interviewed. Think how boring an interviewee Marilyn Manson is for instance. I'm just saying that it all helps keep the legend alive. One of my fav interviews was in sounds years ago (1986)when the journalist admitted to hating everything Alice stood for and wanted to rip him and his ethos to shreds, and by the end of the interview Alice was his best friend and it was the two of them against the world. The relevance to the induction is that this has all helped to keep him in the public eye.