Rock Hall Announcement--Dec. 15

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Re: Rock Hall Announcement--Dec. 15

Post by kevinuk81 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:44 pm

Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:38 pm

"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:59 pm

Nice to see " Alice Cooper band ".

Jumping Jack
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jumping Jack » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:51 pm

ABOUT FREAKING TIME!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATS
Caffeine! Caffeine!
Amphetamine
A little speed is all I need
Caffeine! Caffeine!

kosciuskouk
Dada God
Dada God

Post by kosciuskouk » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:52 pm

Can't get excited or give a toss who does or doesn't get in (ACG included) the whole thing is beyond a joke and will never gain any credibility whoever they choose, the damage was done over the years.
I actually think there's MORE credibility NOT being associated with it at all........just my opinion :grin:
If it's too loud...your too old! :rock:

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:53 pm

kosciuskouk wrote:Can't get excited or give a toss who does or doesn't get in (ACG included) the whole thing is beyond a joke and will never gain any credibility whoever they choose, the damage was done over the years.
I actually think there's MORE credibility NOT being associated with it at all........just my opinion
If you don't already have them, I can get the email addys of Dennis, Neal, Michael, and Alice for you - and you can tell them your view. As for Glen's family....shut the 'f' up.

There are lots of other parades you can rain on....give them a try.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:10 pm

GNDM wrote:Congrats to the ACG for finally getting rewarded. From AZ Central..........

"Getting in the Hall of Fame is about the ultimate thing you can do when you're a garage band from Cortez High in Phoenix," Cooper said. "It's the most humbling thing in the world when you realize who else is in there. You look out at the audience, and every guy who influenced you is sitting there, and they are the people who voted on you."

The eyeliner-wearing Cooper and his original band - guitarist Michael Bruce, bassist Dennis Dunaway, drummer Neal Smith and late guitarist Glen Buxton - will join such rock and pop luminaries as the Beatles, Bob Dylan, U2, Aretha Franklin, Bruce Springsteen, James Brown and Buddy Holly in the hall, which was established in 1986.

Janice and I wish that Glen's mom could have been here to hear about it.
congratulations to you and Janice and the Buxton family, hope to bump into you at the gig Saturday.
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:37 pm

Well as much as i think the R&RHOF is a joke.... i am still very pleased that the ACG have finally been recognised. I'm happy for all the existing members and the Buxton family, it's a time to celebrate a truly unique career for all of them.

And also, i'd like to say a massive thankyou to this website and contributors for doing such an amazing job over the years, keeping us Alice fans informed and also encouraging new Alice fans to get involved.

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:59 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:http://rockhall.com/inductees
All I could think of all morning was this part:
Are you thinking of playing in more shows with the original band in the near future?
I think it is inevitable. We have kind of been looking for an excuse to do that anyway. Why not do 4 or 5 major cities, Detroit especially since that's where we broke out of. Los Angeles, New York, London, Toronto. Those were like the five cities where we got our biggest push. We might do that in the spring.
Oh yes! And please make it a day when I can fly over :laugh:

Sarah
Killer
Killer

Post by Sarah » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:23 pm

I'm delighted! :) Congratulations to all the guys and to Glen's family! It's great to see all the fans so happy. I really hope there are some shows... to see them together would be one of the greatest experiences ever. I hope everyone who's going to the Pudding has a fantastic time!

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:24 pm

GNDM wrote:
kosciuskouk wrote:Can't get excited or give a toss who does or doesn't get in (ACG included) the whole thing is beyond a joke and will never gain any credibility whoever they choose, the damage was done over the years.
I actually think there's MORE credibility NOT being associated with it at all........just my opinion
If you don't already have them, I can get the email addys of Dennis, Neal, Michael, and Alice for you - and you can tell them your view. As for Glen's family....shut the 'f' up.

There are lots of other parades you can rain on....give them a try.
While I understand you have strong feelings on this, I have to say I partially agree with kosciuskouk about the credibility of the self proclaimed "Hall OF Fame" which at the end of the day is just a business. And before you say it, I have said this to Dennis already. I agree it's great to be finally rewarded by the Hall, but it's been too long in coming. Alice Cooper SHOULD have been inducted YEARS ago. This is where they lack credibility.

However what IS significant is they they have been VOTED in at the first ballot. The nominating board have ignored Alice Cooper for so many years, and when they FINALLY decide to put them up for admission they get a resounding "yes" from the actual voters, many of whom are the bands peers in the industry, musicians, producers, promoters etc. This seems to indicate they could have been voted in at pretty much any time in the last 20 odd years if the nominating board had had the sense to put them up for voting.

The best thing about this happening I think is that hopefully all the band can use the honor and publicity to their advantage. It's a great opportunity.

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:08 pm

Having grown up with the original band I am very pleased they have been inducted-ok could have/should have been mid nineties but they are now where they belong-alongside the very best in rock n roll (and beside some who seem to have little to do with r'n'roll-we all have different opinions as to various people/bands)..I also think this site and every person who kept the Alice flame burning when exposure and sales went quieter deserves some credit( I remember when a local hmv shop had no alice section)..as do people like Rob Zombie and Slash who have championed the influence of Alice...but most of all credit to the five originals!
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:34 am

Who cares what happened before? Right now I'm loving the RRHOF. Just too see the original Alice Cooper should be enough for anyone.Very few people here ever saw them so now is our chance. It is a win win situation for everyone.Be happy.Hopefully Janice Buxton will be given a ticket.
Personally, I think If it's two songs they should be an all out assualt on Halo Of Flies followed by School's Out.

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:10 am

While I understand you have strong feelings on this, I have to say I partially agree with kosciuskouk about the credibility of the self proclaimed "Hall OF Fame" which at the end of the day is just a business. And before you say it, I have said this to Dennis already. I agree it's great to be finally rewarded by the Hall, but it's been too long in coming. Alice Cooper SHOULD have been inducted YEARS ago. This is where they lack credibility.
Sorry, I can't fathom the notion that by degrading the HOF, it is some how a positive for the ACG. Yes, there is all the could haves and should haves, but the honor is still there. We can sit here all day and pan the structure and competence of the HOF, but what does it accomplish, except to denigrate their accomplishment. I am sure the four surviving members must be thrilled - Janice got an email from Dennis who said he was doing cartwheels. So are our views really all that important?

Just my opinion, but I think a lot of fans (of any celebrity) want their hero to be an extension of themselves. If the fan dislikes something - so should his/her idol. If a fan wants Alice to stand up and refuse induction, they are hoping he extends THEIR wishes...but they have lost touch with reality and are simply trying to find their self-expression through their hero. Fans should be happy for their induction, but most of all, understand that Alice, Dennis, Neal, Michael, and Glen (in spirit) do not have the same wishes, values, and goals as any, or all, individual fans.

We had a saying for a time here. We called it being a "Debbie Downer". These people, no matter how happy the situation, no matter how much joy is present, find a way to throw sand in the gears. I've done it, so I can be tolerant. Hopefully, the ACG induction will provide a niche for all of their fans to celebrate this achievement.

Alicehunter2000
Killer
Killer

Post by Alicehunter2000 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:48 am

Excellent news...hope they will be able to capitalize on induction and make 2011 an ACG comeback. Glad to hear the band is helping with the writing of some of the songs for the WTMN II. Really sounds like Alice is prepping the field for a reunion tour. Only wish Glenn was still around to enjoy this moment.
"Your as Stiff as my Smoking Barrel"

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:07 am

GNDM wrote:
Sorry, I can't fathom the notion that by degrading the HOF, it is some how a positive for the ACG. Yes, there is all the could haves and should haves, but the honor is still there. We can sit here all day and pan the structure and competence of the HOF, but what does it accomplish, except to denigrate their accomplishment. I am sure the four surviving members must be thrilled - Janice got an email from Dennis who said he was doing cartwheels. So are our views really all that important?

Just my opinion, but I think a lot of fans (of any celebrity) want their hero to be an extension of themselves. If the fan dislikes something - so should his/her idol. If a fan wants Alice to stand up and refuse induction, they are hoping he extends THEIR wishes...but they have lost touch with reality and are simply trying to find their self-expression through their hero. Fans should be happy for their induction, but most of all, understand that Alice, Dennis, Neal, Michael, and Glen (in spirit) do not have the same wishes, values, and goals as any, or all, individual fans.

We had a saying for a time here. We called it being a "Debbie Downer". These people, no matter how happy the situation, no matter how much joy is present, find a way to throw sand in the gears. I've done it, so I can be tolerant. Hopefully, the ACG induction will provide a niche for all of their fans to celebrate this achievement.

Well said :clap:

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:05 am

GNDM wrote:We can sit here all day and pan the structure and competence of the HOF, but what does it accomplish, except to denigrate their accomplishment.
To an extent, I think the HOF arguably did that themselves when they felt these guys were not worthy of getting in before the likes of Run-DMC, Metallica (who mentioned the Hall's ignoring of Alice Cooper among other bands,) REM, Patti Smith, etc.
I am sure the four surviving members must be thrilled - Janice got an email from Dennis who said he was doing cartwheels.
Great for him. I don't think anyone is trying to say that these guys shouldn't be excited.
If the fan dislikes something - so should his/her idol. If a fan wants Alice to stand up and refuse induction, they are hoping he extends THEIR wishes...
Funnily enough, Alice has snubbed the HOF in the past when the subject was brought up. I recall he even said they could pretty well "shove it" on the radio show a few years ago (maybe not in those words, or maybe so.)
Fans should be happy for their induction, but most of all, understand that Alice, Dennis, Neal, Michael, and Glen (in spirit) do not have the same wishes, values, and goals as any, or all, individual fans.
I don't think anyone is unhappy that they are getting in, but their displeasure is more toward the HOF and how long they've waited.
Me = Winning

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:59 am

Sure we all have our views of RRHOF whatever. But life is already too full of real things, that whenever I see an opportunitiy to rejoice, I catch it. And whatever the HoF is or not, it always feels great to have your peer's recognition no one can deny that.

I love the image of DD doing cartwheels :rotfl: makes me feel even happier for them. For now that's all that matters to me. :)

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:24 pm

Here's a small indication of the positive effects following the announcement...

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/2372/trendt.jpg

I expect that all of this will translate into increased sales, and hopefully, possibly, maybe even a series of remastered albums from the back catalog!!
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:45 pm

Nice to see " Alice Cooper band ".
Why? I think Alice Cooper encompasses the whole musical career of that act from 1968 - present.