Post by Lisacooper91 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:39 pm

That's nice... how to get it? :bam:
The sanest days are mad.

ikbenalicefan
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Re: Dirty diamonds LP

Post by ikbenalicefan » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:45 pm

I have ordered my copy on ebay for 25 euro or you can try to contact the company

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:13 pm

>Hi take a look at http://www.nightofthevinyldead.com very nice

I'm not sure that it's a legitimate item.

Lisacooper91
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Lisacooper91 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:34 pm

But there's a pic of Alice + the band on that website with that vinyl in his hands.... Maybe it's legitimate after all?
The sanest days are mad.

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:24 am

Lisacooper91 wrote:But there's a pic of Alice + the band on that website with that vinyl in his hands.... Maybe it's legitimate after all?
I *was* going to say perhaps it was an old pic with the regular DD vinyl (was there one? I'm too lazy tonight to look and make sure). BUT....there is a Night of the Living Dead logo visible at the bottom of the picture, and Damon's facial hair gives away that it's a very recent picture. So...I'd say that adds credibility to it's legitimacy.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:38 am

>But there's a pic of Alice + the band on that website with that vinyl in his hands.... Maybe it's legitimate after all?

That doesn't make it legitinate, though. It's not like Alice has never seen or held an illegitimate item. It's possible that this has been officially licenced, but if it was, I would have expected to see an annoucement for it, rather than it just appear for sale. Let me look into it.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:58 pm

>I'm not sure that it's a legitimate item.

It's been confirmed that it is legitimate.

Lisacooper91
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Lisacooper91 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:05 pm

Hooray! Thanks for checking, Michael!
Now I hope that Santa Claus buys this one for me :grin:
The sanest days are mad.

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:38 pm

I was lucky enough to get A Fistful of Alice and Along Came A Spider on vinyl...I would LOVE to add Dirty Diamonds to that...any website actually selling it? Amazon perhaps?

All we need then is Brutal Planet, Dragontown, and The Eyes of Alice Cooper and that should take care of it...perhaps a reissue of Hey Stoopid and Last Temptation as they are insanely hard to find...
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:14 am

If you are a completist it's redundant whether it's legit or not.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:16 pm

>If you are a completist it's redundant whether it's legit or not.

It depends on how you look at it. Given that it's pretty easy to make a high quality bootleg or 'pirated' item, you could end up spending all your time (and money) buying stuff just because it exists and keeps on being manufactured over and over again (even though it's not legitimate). It would never end, but if that's what you want to do, that's fine. Also, some people don't like lining the pockets of those who manufacture or sell illegitimate items (a point indirectly referred to in the recent Dennis Dunnaway interview mentioned on the "News" page).

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:25 pm

FYI, Night of the Vinyl Dead is all sold out of their copies. I emailed and asked, and got a prompt response from them.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

departmentofyouth
Killer
Killer

Post by departmentofyouth » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:51 pm

Just Ordered mine from e-bay! High Roller Records has 1 left now! :alice:
I'm a Dirt Talkin', Beer Drinkin', Woman Chasin' Ministers Son.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:01 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>If you are a completist it's redundant whether it's legit or not.

It depends on how you look at it. Given that it's pretty easy to make a high quality bootleg or 'pirated' item, you could end up spending all your time (and money) buying stuff just because it exists and keeps on being manufactured over and over again (even though it's not legitimate). It would never end, but if that's what you want to do, that's fine. Also, some people don't like lining the pockets of those who manufacture or sell illegitimate items (a point indirectly referred to in the recent Dennis Dunnaway interview mentioned on the "News" page).
Oh it's easy to make a high quality bootleg or pirated item is it? How do you know? Have you gone through the process? I'd like to hear details that led you to this conclusion.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:09 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>If you are a completist it's redundant whether it's legit or not.

How many versions of Toronto did we buy back in the day?
I think I have about 4 or 5!! You have certainly lined the
pockets of some of these manufacturers. You have some vinyl boots and cassettes right? I know you have as you used to sell the tapes at 3 quid a pop.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is if you think completists will not buy this until you give the word it's legit you are " probably " wrong.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:19 pm

>Oh it's easy to make a high quality bootleg or pirated item is it?

Yes.

>How do you know?

I've seen them on eBay, at record fairs and at street markets. Personal computers have made the process a lot easier than when bootlegs were made on vinyl only.

>Have you gone through the process?

No.

> I'd like to hear details that led you to this conclusion.

See above.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:26 pm

>How many versions of Toronto did we buy back in the day?

Who is "we"?

>I think I have about 4 or 5!!

That's exactly my point. There must be nearly a hundred by now. Where does it end?

>You have certainly lined the pockets of some of these manufacturers.

I've never denied that. My point is that I am not "a completist", so the issue is not "reduntant" as you claimed. For me to buy something that is not legitimate, it has to be a lot more interesting to me than a vinyl copy of "Dirty Diamonds".

>You have some vinyl boots and cassettes right?

Yes.

>I know you have as you used to sell the tapes at 3 quid a pop.

So what? You're talking about something that happened over twenty years ago when people who didn't have anything to trade, would almost literally beg me to sell them the items.

>Anyway, what I'm trying to say is if you think completists will not buy this until you give the word it's legit you are " probably " wrong.

I didn't say that at all. It works the other way, as well, in that there may be people who buy every legitimate item only. Read my reply (again) to your original post. There are many legitimate items which I have not bought either.
Last edited by A_MichaelUK on Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:28 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>Oh it's easy to make a high quality bootleg or pirated item is it?

Yes.

>How do you know?

I've seen them on eBay, at record fairs and at street markets. Personal computers have made the process a lot easier than when bootlegs were made on vinyl only.

>Have you gone through the process?

No.

> I'd like to hear details that led you to this conclusion.

See above.

Definitely easier to make a cd though a lot are CDR's and not factory pressed. Vinyl, as I believe TB is referring to, would obviously harder and more costly especially this
one which is a double and looks like it's printed on high quality card. I had a feeling it was legit as it would be an odd choice of record to boot: crappy cover and arguably not his best work.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:35 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>How many versions of Toronto did we buy back in the day?

Who is "we"?

>I think I have about 4 or 5!!

That's exactly my point. There must be nearly a hundred by now. Where does it end?

>You have certainly lined the pockets of some of these manufacturers.

I've never denied that. My point is that I am not "a completist", so the issue is not "reduntant" as you claimed. For me to buy something that is not legitimate, it has to be a lot more interesting to me than a vinyl copy of "Dirty Diamonds".

>You have some vinyl boots and cassettes right?

Yes.

>I know you have as you used to sell the tapes at 3 quid a pop.

So what? You're talking about something that happened over twenty years ago when people who didn't have anything to trade, would almost literally beg me to sell them the items.

>Anyway, what I'm trying to say is if you think completists will not buy this until you give the word it's legit you are " probably " wrong.

I didn't say that at all. Read my reply (again) to your original post. There are many legitimate items which I have not bought either.

We is me, you and others. That disc never looked like ending.

I'm not knocking you or anyone for selling boots. I'm just confused as you seemed concerned about lining others pockets when you yourself did the same. It was more like 30 yrs ago. How time flies.