Alice-sole survivor?

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Robbie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Alice-sole survivor?

Post by Robbie » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:10 pm

Seeing how much Alice's profile has been raised recently I was thinking back to that first Top of the Pops appearance in the summer of 1972.I can't think of any comparable artist(s) who still record and tour as regularly as Alice thirty eight years later. For me the explosion of interest post "School's Out" will always be associated with the era of Bowie, T.Rex,The Sweet,Roxy Music, Slade, Queen, Mud, Suzi Quatro, Rod Stewart, Gary Glitter etc.as the original ACG regularly appeared alongside these in the music press and teen magazines.
Of that era and bands who pre dated it i.e the Stones, Who, Kinks etc. who were still massive live draws in the 70's I can't think of any who are anything like as active or popular as Alice is today which makes his achievements even more remarkable.
Just wondered if anyone can think of any major artist(s) whose career can match Alice's for longevity and are still recording and performing live regularly?

Baz
Gaye Blade
Gaye Blade

Re: Alice-sole survivor?

Post by Baz » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:10 pm

To be fair, there`s not many bands who formed in the last 20 years who record/tour as much as Alice does,never mind those that formed in the seventies.

Some are still going of course , while others suffered main man deaths, and others still tour and record on a much smaller scale than Alice does.

Not really sure what Gary Glitter has been up to, no good probably.
I`m one of the `Over 50`s `.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:18 pm

Bowie from his peers, Stones and Macca from his predecessors?
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

daytripper
Dada God
Dada God

Post by daytripper » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:33 am

I am so impressed with Alice's dedication to touring. He works harder than any other...that's for sure.
* for being a brat, refusing to act your age*
* http://www.myspace.com/daytripper63 *