Seeking two old alice tv interviews

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Seeking two old alice tv interviews

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:32 pm

>So, what the difference exactly in the two scenarios?

As I think I said already, "the difference" is that the interview has not been repeated in it's entirety since it was broadcast. Therefore, no - one had had the opportunity to record it and circulate it.

>I don't think it is even wholly unreasonable to expect to see it show up an 'Old Grey Whistle Test' commerative DVD for example.

Maybe it will, but we're not discussing how things might be, but how they are.

>I don't think the conclusion that 'people didn't have video recorder' totally satisfies me.

Tell us, then, why it is not in circulation. Since it has not been repeated, how would it have been seen, recorded and circulated?

nephtis
Trash
Trash

Post by nephtis » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:17 am

Looked around but all I could find was the performance from 1971 Old Grey Whistle Test
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQwJaAhtCi8
and some additional outtakes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWCsjof9h7A

If anyone stumbles across that interview some day I'd be interested to see it!

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:10 am

>So, what the difference exactly in the two scenarios?

As I may have already said, the "actual performance" was repeated a few times before it came out on DVD, so people were able to record it and circulate it. The 1974 footage has NEVER been shown in it's entirety, so no - one was able to record it and circulate it.

> mean, I don't think it is even wholly unreasonable to expect to see it show up an 'Old Grey Whistle Test' commerative DVD for example.

It is rather "unreasonable" because if it isn't, then you could "expect" to see almost every other piece of Alice Cooper footage released as well and that isn't really feasible. There is a lot of footage out there which no - one has seen since it was broadcast, so, in that respect, there's nothing special about the footage under discussion.

> think the conclusion that 'people didn't have video recorder' totally satisfies me.

So what's your explanation? Explain how something which no - one has seen since 1974 can be circulated (taking the material from a vault without permission doesn't count).