Alice and Tony Iommi....

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

evil syd
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Alice and Tony Iommi....

Post by evil syd » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:33 am

Hello, I was wondering how would you feel if Alice and Iommi did an album together. I think it would be the shit!
what's your opinion?

Evil Syd :devil:
DoCtOrS wAnT To ChEcK Me, PoKe Me, AnD DiSsEcT Me......

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: Alice and Tony Iommi....

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:58 pm

I think it would be amazing
"THEY'RE NEVER GONNA FIND YOUR FACE"

- ALICE COOPER

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:11 pm

Yeah..I would like that evil syd..when i read your message at first I missed out "the"..makes a big difference..thought you were saying it would be shit..ha :grin:
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

sammysausage76
Killer
Killer

Post by sammysausage76 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:51 pm

When I read the subject I thought there ARE working together and my heart skipped...would be interesting I love both. Not sure how Iommi's guitar playing style would work with Alice's singing style though...

evil syd
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by evil syd » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:49 pm

recoop wrote:Yeah..I would like that evil syd..when i read your message at first I missed out "the"..makes a big difference..thought you were saying it would be shit..ha :grin:
no no, iommi is mty favorite guitarist. I think they both have the feel for the dark side and with iommi's riffs coop's lyrics and vocals, there could be a nice blend! :rock: :alice:

evil syd
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by evil syd » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:55 pm

sammysausage76 wrote:When I read the subject I thought there ARE working together and my heart skipped...would be interesting I love both. Not sure how Iommi's guitar playing style would work with Alice's singing style though...
There's only one way to tell and I really think it would be a masterpiece. They are still both at the top of their game! :8):
Last edited by evil syd on Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

evil syd
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by evil syd » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:56 pm

.........IOMMI AND COOP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luney Tune
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Luney Tune » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:56 pm

Yes, that would be real interesting. This is a thought i have had for many years. Iommi is my all time favourite guitar player. His riffs of doom and Alice`s scary vocals. That would be something !!!!
Every time i pick my dream group Iommi is on guitar and Alice on vocals. And to complete those I have Gary Thain ( RIP)on bass, Cozy Powell (RIP) on drums.
It`s all in this luney tune....

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by James1981 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:52 pm

Yeah this would be great. I think Iommis style would really suit Alice. When i saw the title for this topic i got pretty excited as i thought maybe Iommi was going to make an apperance on wtmn 2!!
Boomshanka

evil syd
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by evil syd » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:57 am

ahhh well, it would be real cool! :8):

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:21 am

I'd have to respectfully disagree. Love both parties' work, just that Iommi has a different delivery to his playing than what Alice usually has for guitar work. Just my opinion.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

evil syd
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by evil syd » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:59 am

Shoesalesman wrote:I'd have to respectfully disagree. Love both parties' work, just that Iommi has a different delivery to his playing than what Alice usually has for guitar work. Just my opinion.
sure, but have you heard the "Iommi" solo album, the one with all the guest stars? peter steele, etc..it's great!

and Iommi has worked with so many vocalists with sabbath and has adapted to their styles nicely!.....
(Ozzy,Dio,Gillan,Martin) all different styles....well, dio is a little similar to Martin, but you get the drift.

....alice would be a piece of cake and interesting work! :teach:

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:11 am

evil syd wrote:Iommi has worked with so many vocalists with sabbath and has adapted to their styles nicely!.....
(Ozzy,Dio,Gillan,Martin) all different styles....well, dio is a little similar to Martin, but you get the drift.
That's a fair point.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:30 am

I'd certainly be interested in hearing it, however i find it quite hard to imagine what it would sound like. I love Iommi's work (i think the Martin era Sabbath is hugely underrated), but his guitar playing typically suits the more operatic, high pitched style of vocal.

evil syd
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by evil syd » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:08 am

While Heaven Wept wrote:I'd certainly be interested in hearing it, however i find it quite hard to imagine what it would sound like. I love Iommi's work (i think the Martin era Sabbath is hugely underrated), but his guitar playing typically suits the more operatic, high pitched style of vocal.
why? was ozzy operatic? you're not giving Iommi enough credit! This would be a challenge for both talented parties and
I feel they would both win! :nono:

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:49 pm

evil syd wrote:
While Heaven Wept wrote:I'd certainly be interested in hearing it, however i find it quite hard to imagine what it would sound like. I love Iommi's work (i think the Martin era Sabbath is hugely underrated), but his guitar playing typically suits the more operatic, high pitched style of vocal.
why? was ozzy operatic? you're not giving Iommi enough credit! This would be a challenge for both talented parties and
I feel they would both win! :nono:
Ozzy was high pitched, and a totally different vocal to Alice. I havent heard Iommi do anything with a singer that sounds remotely like Alice.

Like i said, i really rate Iommi and own pretty much everything he's done.... but that doesn't mean the results would be great.

On paper, Gillan and Sabbath could/should have sounded superb, but in all honesty....it wasn't!

But still...an interesting idea anyway, but one that i think you'll have to keep as a secret wish as i cant ever see it happening. It looks as though Iommi, Butler and Ozzy are planning another Sabbath album/tour in the next few years.

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:00 am

Iommi was asked about working with Alice a few years ago and he said he would like to see what they could create
"THEY'RE NEVER GONNA FIND YOUR FACE"

- ALICE COOPER

TodayMueller
Killer
Killer

Post by TodayMueller » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:37 am

Shoesalesman wrote:I'd have to respectfully disagree. Love both parties' work, just that Iommi has a different delivery to his playing than what Alice usually has for guitar work. Just my opinion.
Maybe that's just what is needed. I'd support it, I even think he's worthy to cover for GB for a reunion gig or tour.
Have no gods before me, I'm the light !

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:30 am

TodayMueller wrote:
Maybe that's just what is needed. I'd support it, I even think he's worthy to cover for GB for a reunion gig or tour.
seems like a very odd thing to say, given that both guitarists sound absolutely nothing like each other?

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:42 pm

There was a song called 'Into the Night' on his 'Iommi' album that sounded as though it was written for Alice Cooper, but Billy Idol sang it.