That was one of the best songs on the album too
"THEY'RE NEVER GONNA FIND YOUR FACE"

- ALICE COOPER

evil syd
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: Alice and Tony Iommi....

Post by evil syd » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:52 pm

yes, that song is great! and that's where I'm trying to take you. A dark place for music! There's no written law that Iommi is great for only high pitched singers. That's utter bullshit and you're not giving the creator of heavy metal enough credit. I think this album would be a masterpiece!!!! :devil:
DoCtOrS wAnT To ChEcK Me, PoKe Me, AnD DiSsEcT Me......

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:11 am

there is more versatility to Iommi than people give him credit for he was much more than just heavy metal riffs just listen to the brilliance of Spiral Architect he could work with most people a great player underrated I think, remember he worked with Jethro Tull briefly before Sabbath so he has proven before and after that he is not just black riffs.
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

evil syd
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by evil syd » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:53 am

steven_crayn wrote:there is more versatility to Iommi than people give him credit for he was much more than just heavy metal riffs just listen to the brilliance of Spiral Architect he could work with most people a great player underrated I think, remember he worked with Jethro Tull briefly before Sabbath so he has proven before and after that he is not just black riffs.
Rock on! :alice:
DoCtOrS wAnT To ChEcK Me, PoKe Me, AnD DiSsEcT Me......

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:46 pm

steven_crayn wrote:there is more versatility to Iommi than people give him credit for he was much more than just heavy metal riffs just listen to the brilliance of Spiral Architect he could work with most people a great player underrated I think, remember he worked with Jethro Tull briefly before Sabbath so he has proven before and after that he is not just black riffs.
I dont question his versatility, however you'll know probably best than most that just because something looks good on paper....means absolutely nothing in the real world.

For instance..

My heart tells me that i'd love to hear a collaboration between Alice and Devin Townsend, my head tells me that it won't happen, and even if it did....probably wouldn't live up to my expectations.

But anyway, i agree with what has been said about Iommi, i love his work...i just dont think it would 'gel' particularly well with Alice.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:04 pm

While Heaven Wept wrote:
I dont question his versatility, however you'll know probably best than most that just because something looks good on paper....means absolutely nothing in the real world.

For instance..

My heart tells me that i'd love to hear a collaboration between Alice and Devin Townsend, my head tells me that it won't happen, and even if it did....probably wouldn't live up to my expectations.

But anyway, i agree with what has been said about Iommi, i love his work...i just dont think it would 'gel' particularly well with Alice.
Don't think we will ever find out in any case
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

shock rock
Killer
Killer

Post by shock rock » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:38 pm

It would be interesting,to say the least.I would like to see Iommi reunite with Ozzy and do a Black Sabbath album,that might be more of a reality,but who knows.
You Can Take My Head And Cut It Off
But You Ain't Gonna Change My Mind

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:52 am

shock rock wrote:It would be interesting,to say the least.I would like to see Iommi reunite with Ozzy and do a Black Sabbath album,that might be more of a reality,but who knows.
i hope not, Ozzy and his family have done everything they can to tarnish the Sabbath name. Iommi and Geezer should just forget about Sabbath and focus on other more interesting projects with better singers.

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Ted Sallis » Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:36 pm

While Heaven Wept wrote:On paper, Gillan and Sabbath could/should have sounded superb, but in all honesty....it wasn't!
I must disagree. The Born Again album has quite a few great sounding songs on it, particularly on side 1.

Ted

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Ted Sallis » Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:37 pm

evil syd wrote:
Rock on! :alice:
Absolutely!

Ted

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Ted Sallis » Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:42 pm

While Heaven Wept wrote:
TodayMueller wrote:
Shoesalesman wrote:I'd have to respectfully disagree. Love both parties' work, just that Iommi has a different delivery to his playing than what Alice usually has for guitar work. Just my opinion.
Maybe that's just what is needed. I'd support it, I even think he's worthy to cover for GB for a reunion gig or tour.
seems like a very odd thing to say, given that both guitarists sound absolutely nothing like each other?
Tony has always been at least a bit more highly rated as a rhythm player, therefore him replacing GB would seem an awkward fit.

Ted

Baz
Gaye Blade
Gaye Blade

Post by Baz » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:29 pm

But that was for only two weeks , and he only joined Tull because they were more established than Sabs, and had a record contract and gigs lined up.
He soon saw the error of his ways.

I totally agree about the brilliance of Tony Iommi though, best in the business.I`m sure he could write riffs that would suit Alice`s vocal range.
I`m one of the `Over 50`s `.

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:09 pm

Ted Sallis wrote:
While Heaven Wept wrote:On paper, Gillan and Sabbath could/should have sounded superb, but in all honesty....it wasn't!
I must disagree. The Born Again album has quite a few great sounding songs on it, particularly on side 1.

Ted
well....each to their own i guess! Apart from Zero The Hero i find most of the album to be pretty dire.

Eternal Idol..... now that is an underrated Sabbath album