Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Visiting Pheonix

Post by Gunner » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:21 am

Hi all,

I'm thinking of visiting Phoenix, Arizona (hopefully for Alice's Xmas Pudding this year!), can anyone here give me some recommendations on where to stay etc - any advice in general actually? It would be appreciated.

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Visiting Pheonix

Post by Gunner » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:22 am

I'll take that as a 'no' then. I'm a bit suprised though.

SKULLBOY
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by SKULLBOY » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:06 pm

Gunner,

I have a friend that lives in Phoenix. I'll try to get ahold of him tonight. Sorry, I meant to email him last night, but I forgot.
"I was scared to death, afraid to close my eyes
And find that I was gone . . . "

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:58 pm

Gunner wrote:Hi all,

I'm thinking of visiting Phoenix, Arizona (hopefully for Alice's Xmas Pudding this year!), can anyone here give me some recommendations on where to stay etc - any advice in general actually? It would be appreciated.
Never been myself i'm afraid, i was thinking of doing something similar at xmas but i'm afraid funds are non existent now!

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:08 am

I have a friend that lives in Phoenix. I'll try to get ahold of him tonight. Sorry, I meant to email him last night, but I forgot.
Thanks, appreciated.

Anybody got a contact for Tony John (used to run From The Inside website) from Liverpool? We appear to have lost touch. He's been to Cooperstown. Tony are you there mate???

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:31 pm

it's a bit of a bland question mate, is all - if you see how many hotels are in that area you'll see what i mean! I've stayed in a couple, been to the Scottsdale area a few times, the best thing to do is work out where you wanna be (ie, near Cooperstown etc) then check the hotels in that area. if you get a typical Marriott or something w a decent rating you can pretty much expect a decent stay.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

sparkinthedark
DiS ViciOuS stalker
DiS ViciOuS stalker

Post by sparkinthedark » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:48 pm

Killer Wolf is on to something. 2010 will be our (my fiancé and I) third Pudding visit and so to try and help you I'd ask the following:

> How long are you planning to stay?

> Is it just Alice stuff you're coming over for (or are you a golfer as well??)

I ask because there's not a huge amount happening in downtown Phoenix (it's not like Oxford St in London) and so with the best will in the world I wouldn't recommend spending a week there! More than happy to exchange messages via PM if you'd rather.
aLL HeaRt
>---❤️--->

SKULLBOY
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by SKULLBOY » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:57 am

sparkinthedark wrote:> How long are you planning to stay?

> Is it just Alice stuff you're coming over for (or are you a golfer as well??)

I ask because there's not a huge amount happening in downtown Phoenix (it's not like Oxford St in London) and so with the best will in the world I wouldn't recommend spending a week there!
If either of you ae staying a while I'd suggest going to The Grand Canyon. It's roughly 3.5 hours from Phoenix, but well worth the drive.

funnyjokes
Trash
Trash

Post by funnyjokes » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:52 am

Wish you have a good journey.

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:24 am

Thanks for the replies folks. I was/am intending to spend about a week there, going to Cooperstown being a priority. But, obviously I would want to make a bit of a holiday of it and so would welcome any suggestions/recommendations.

Cheers.

crazylittlechild
Trash
Trash

Post by crazylittlechild » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:32 pm

Phoenix is well worth the trip,
Direct flights from LHR approx 9 hrs
stay in Scottsdale where the vibe is good,lots of bars and restaurants and not far from Alice's home (you may run into him !)
Cooperstown is great place to visit but don't expect too much, try and tie it in with a game at the Baseball stadium or basketball that way the place will be busy and rocking.
weather usually good in December so travel light.
It may be too late in the year to do the Grand Canyon, long drive and elevation means heavy snows, remember there is a big differance between the desert and the mountains.
If looking for other things to do out of town heading south to Tuscon may be a better bet, Tombstone,OK- Corral etc and warmer in Dec.
Lots of hotels in downtown Scottsdale to suite all budgets

Have a blast

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:15 pm

Add....Cortez High School on Dunlap near I-17. See the site of old VIP Lounge. The Buxton's garage is always open. LOL. Alice's old house on Campbell Ave. Phoenix Club Theater.
STAY AWAY from Grand Canyon in December. No baseball in December either. Hockey is no longer downtown - neither is football. They are out in Glendale. Drive by Alice's home - if you can get the location off-line. Several sites from ACG days still around....but that might not be your interest, huh?
Well....Las Vegas isn't that far from Phoenix. In December, that is where I'd go.

I charge $100 for an "Alice Cooper" tour of Phoenix. :laugh:

SKULLBOY
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by SKULLBOY » Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:21 am

GNDM wrote:Add....Cortez High School on Dunlap near I-17.STAY AWAY from Grand Canyon in December.
I forgot about Cortez High. I visited it back when I went to Phoenix. I heard the Grand Canyon was quite impressive in December. I heard the South Rim had less smow. I saw it during July.

nephtis
Trash
Trash

Post by nephtis » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:49 pm

Hey! never been there myself but start on page 14 and see what Alice has to say about Phoenix...

http://www.lhm-lounge.de/lh_1010_interk ... doppel.pdf

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:16 pm

Phoenix and the surrounding areas have some beautiful sights. If you never been to the desert areas, it is really something different. However, I'd agree that if you can't get away to places outside of Phoenix, a full week there probably isn't needed....especially in the summer. Also....if you are looking for party-time....try Mill Ave on the campus of Arizona State. Young crowd, lots of late night stuff. Many, many "watering holes".
Again...if you are there in December be VERY careful about a trip to the Grand Canyon. Winter storms often close the roads to and from the place. Check the weather reports before you go and bundle up. It can easily be in the 60-70s in Phoenix and well below freezing at the Canyon.

Dave Conway
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dave Conway » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:58 pm

Its an ambition of mine to do all this.

When the kids are grown up eh?
...And personally, I don't care.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Visiting Phoenix

Post by steven_crayn » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:35 pm

I'm flying in just for Bruce, Cooper, Dunaway and Smith and will visit Cooperstown gonna stay 3 nights at a hotel near the Comerica Theatre and do anything else time permits got my ticket now just gotta pay for the rest, fuel duty has gone up but money doesn't come into this, it was awesome seeing those guys without Alice but all four is a must be at event. If only Glen was still alive it would be perfect but he will be there in spirit.

hey Glen Campbell is on the bill how apt, his version of the Jim Webb song "By The Time I Get To Phoenix" is a classic, sure he will play it!
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

Deaconess
Trash
Trash

Post by Deaconess » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:13 pm

We stayed at 3 Three Palms in Scottsdale a couple of years ago, it was really good for the price. Have a great trip!

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:54 am

Gunner wrote:
Anybody got a contact for Tony John (used to run From The Inside website) from Liverpool? We appear to have lost touch. He's been to Cooperstown. Tony are you there mate???
Tony is on Facebook if you're still trying to get in touch.

I sure wish I could fly over and see this fantastic event. It will have to wait for a different lifetime. :8):

I can't wait to see photos and hopefully videos of it!

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:29 pm

I'm guessing that Alice/Michael/Neal and Dennis will be playing a short set maybe half an hour or so.Can anyone confirm?