Alice Finally Nominated!

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Alice Finally Nominated!

Post by Dannorama » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:02 pm

As the post by GNDM points out, Alice Cooper has been nominated for induction to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

HOWEVER, I am unclear as to which Alice Cooper will actually be inducted. Alice Cooper the MAN or Alice Cooper the Band...??

Let the speculation begin!! I am intent on the belief that last year's failed nomination of KISS brought about much discussion which finally led to this year's nomination odf Alice.

BUT!! Does the nominating committee have any say over who actually gets nominated? Sure, they say "Alice Cooper," but do they mean AC alone, or are they also thinking GB, MB, NS, and DD as well?

This is from the RRHOF Press Release: The original lineup split in the mid-Seventies, and singer Cooper would continue on with an evolving lineup; in the meantime, the pure shock value of America's first shock rockers has faded ­ but their legacy is safe.

They mention all of the original players at first, but then seem to drift into modern territory. Hopefully, they really DO appreciate the original group! Even if not, I'd like to think that if it's up to Alice, he will welcome his long lost brothers into the Hall of Fame alongside of him. Surreptitiously, knowing bureaucracy as I do, it may just wind up being Alice going in by himself.

Let's hope for the ultimate!!!
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

GNDM

Re: Alice Finally Nominated!

Post by GNDM » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:51 am

Alice Cooper has released the following statement on their nomination to the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame:

"On behalf of Dennis (Dunaway), Neal (Smith), Michael (Bruce) and the late great Glen (Buxton), we are honored to be nominated for induction in to the Hall. Anytime you are nominated in your chosen profession, it's definitely a compliment to be recognized.

It's hard to fathom possibly being in the same club as artists who inspired us originally, like the Beatles, the Stones, the Beach Boys, the Who, the Yardbirds, and Chuck Berry, and to be nominated the same year as legendary artists like my personal favorite songwriter of all time, Laura Nyro, as well as Donovan, who sang on our "Billion Dollar Babies" record, and our good friends in Bon Jovi, is a great feeling.

Five guys starting a band, just hoping to meet girls and drink free beer, rehearsing and playing local bars five hours a night for the first few years -- that was us. We came up with the theatrics and made every effort not to sacrifice the music one bit; we thought it was like our job to bring theatrics to rock 'n' roll. And then, amazingly enough, we were having a bunch of massive hit records which was proof that theatricality and rock 'n' roll could, in fact, be joined successfully. We've been told that we revolutionized the live concert experience and if that's truly the case and it's led to this nomination for induction into the Hall of Fame, the only thing to say is, of course, "There's no business like show business!" - Alice Cooper

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:22 am

alice cooper the group and alice solo are more than deserving.put 'em all in plus jefferson kewley,LOL :rock:

woman_machine
Trash
Trash

Post by woman_machine » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:08 am

This was the best thing I've heard all day!

Devils Food
Killer
Killer

Post by Devils Food » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:59 am

My sarcasm meter went of with the nomination. He owns that place. Always has. He should tell them to piss off. They don't deserve Alice Cooper at this point. It's like FaceBook people looking for friends. Alice shouldn't be the next notch in their belt IMO. You put the boots in but no Alice....
Fuggin' kidding me... :alice:

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:50 am

alice just isn't a grudge holder. he always handled this long awaited nomination with class..but I agree with you.what do these people discuss behind closed doors? chic? LL cool J??? mr. diamond??? donna summer??? these people no doubt have talent,but they are in the wrong building (possibly,we'll see in march)

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:55 am

I remember Si and I were listening to a Nights net feed one night a few years ago and Alice, in nicer words, told the hall of fame committee to stuff it (I don't recall the exact words, but it was a nicer way of saying it and very refreshing to hear Alice say it.)
Me = Winning

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:47 am

GNDM wrote:Alice Cooper has released the following statement on their nomination to the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame:

"On behalf of Dennis (Dunaway), Neal (Smith), Michael (Bruce) and the late great Glen (Buxton), we are honored to be nominated for induction in to the Hall. Anytime you are nominated in your chosen profession, it's definitely a compliment to be recognized.

It's hard to fathom possibly being in the same club as artists who inspired us originally, like the Beatles, the Stones, the Beach Boys, the Who, the Yardbirds, and Chuck Berry, and to be nominated the same year as legendary artists like my personal favorite songwriter of all time, Laura Nyro, as well as Donovan, who sang on our "Billion Dollar Babies" record, and our good friends in Bon Jovi, is a great feeling.

Five guys starting a band, just hoping to meet girls and drink free beer, rehearsing and playing local bars five hours a night for the first few years -- that was us. We came up with the theatrics and made every effort not to sacrifice the music one bit; we thought it was like our job to bring theatrics to rock 'n' roll. And then, amazingly enough, we were having a bunch of massive hit records which was proof that theatricality and rock 'n' roll could, in fact, be joined successfully. We've been told that we revolutionized the live concert experience and if that's truly the case and it's led to this nomination for induction into the Hall of Fame, the only thing to say is, of course, "There's no business like show business!" - Alice Cooper

Thanks, GNDM! Wouldn't it be great to hear Donovan actually sing his parts of BDB live on stage with them??
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:55 pm

Alice's statement about the nomination is the definition of grace and class, including his kind words about the other performers that have come before and since the days of ACG.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:21 pm

The utterence 'about time' is a major understatement, his absence has been an outrage and I sympathise with those that think Alice should maybe reject it. I have to concur with Mr Lydon's sentiments re that HOF: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0GraZT3YaQ

Luney Tune
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Luney Tune » Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:39 pm

I think Alice should do as John Lydon. He should reject it. Why the hell do they call it R&R hall of Fame anyway? Half of the artists there has nothing to do with Rock`n`Roll. Their either disco, funk, rap or whatever. They are famous and play various styles of music but not R&R. I think it would be cool if he rejects, but I understand if he don`t.
It`s all in this luney tune....

Dave Conway
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dave Conway » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:48 pm

Just thankful its happened. Good news.
...And personally, I don't care.

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:24 am

I think Alice should do as John Lydon. He should reject it
"Alice" rejects it? You mean the man or the band?

Luney Tune
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Luney Tune » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:43 am

"Alice" rejects it? You mean the man or the band?[/quote]

Either way ! Nor the band or the man should accept it.
But again I understand if they do.

I really admire Mr. Lydon for his view and thoughts on R&R HOF. Exactly mine also.
It`s all in this luney tune....

TodayMueller
Killer
Killer

Post by TodayMueller » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:22 am

I agree with Luney Tune and The Sex Pistols.

There is no doubt that the boys are well worthy of
induction. The question is: Is the RNRHOF worthy of having them there ?
Have no gods before me, I'm the light !