Congrats to Alice Cooper Group

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

GNDM

Congrats to Alice Cooper Group

Post by GNDM » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:51 pm

Yes, long overdue. I am sure the guys are happy. Janice was practically in tears when Dennis told her the group was nominated. Fingers crossed.
And if Andy is still here....we will be rubbing Pooh Bears head for good luck.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Congrats to Alice Cooper Group

Post by steven_crayn » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:27 pm

had my phone off all day but just read my email from Andy Michael and like he said it is about time.

Hopefully the Alice Cooper group will be one of the five to go in, shame it's 16 years too late and had it been done earlier Glen could have been there but I'm sure he will be in spirit.

FANTASTIC NEWS!
:alice:
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

lattss
Killer
Killer

Post by lattss » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:11 pm

I think it's great news. It is also long overdue but I'm glad to see them be nominated. I'm also very glad that it is the band being nominated and not just Alice himself.

daytripper
Dada God
Dada God

Post by daytripper » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:17 pm

:clap: Its about bloody time !
I too am happy its The Alice Cooper Group. :rock:
* for being a brat, refusing to act your age*
* http://www.myspace.com/daytripper63 *

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:31 pm

I had the crazy thought that I might get to break the news,but it's such a happy day in cooper land! now I hope they go the one extra mile and put them in. Just thought also of how cool the concert would be...donovan could sing with the boys on B$B!!!!

Jumping Jack
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jumping Jack » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:18 pm

What happened to global warming? Hell must have just frozen over.

Congrats!!!
Caffeine! Caffeine!
Amphetamine
A little speed is all I need
Caffeine! Caffeine!

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:41 pm

Me? I like to think that this has something to do with the MEDIA BLITZ about to surround the new album. Serious.

He's in. Hands down.
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

Alicehunter2000
Killer
Killer

Post by Alicehunter2000 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:27 am

Excellent, maybe just in time for the new album. Couldn't hurt sales to be inducted, just hope Welcome 2 My Nightmare will be a well thought out with really great lyrics.
"Your as Stiff as my Smoking Barrel"

steven15322
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by steven15322 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:10 am

Congrats On the nomination excellent news :clap: , Lets hope it turns out they get in.
Before you burn your mark on me
I'll carve mine in your face

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:36 am

Not to be the party pooper, while this is certainly big news for Alice, it's still tainted by all the missteps this idiot organization has managed.

Here's Eddie Trunk's take on it. He says it's so perfectly.
9/27/10: So our clueless friends at the nominating panel at the R&R Hall are at it again. That time of year for them to totally disrespect real rock acts from their private club instead of honoring what the real rock fans want. Yes my friends, these are the brilliant minds that FINALLY had Kiss on the ballot last year, only to put in ABBA over them! Nice. Seems like for this year Rush is still being ignored. Can you imagine?!? Its unreal. I thought after the doc and interest in it, they may have finally had a light go off and say "you know what? maybe Rush does belong in! Maybe they did make a mark!?!". **** IDIOTS! And now after 15 years they just realized MAYBE ALICE COOPER SHOULD FINALLY BE CONSIDERED?!?! Unbelievable! If you recall last season during TMS, with Alice sitting right next to me, I called them out for their blatant disrespect to this pioneer of theatrical rock. Gee, it only took you over a decade to consider him? And as we saw with Kiss last year, by no means is he a shoe in to go in. I mean why wouild he be when LL Cool J and Chic are out there? That makes so much more sense for the ROCK & ROLL Hall Of Fame right? Sorry folks, but my blood pressure boils every year as a rock fan because the mainstream doesn't even know Kiss, Rush, Alice, Priest, Maiden, Journey, Foreigner, Yes, Dio and countless others continue to be disrespected. As was the case with Van Halen, even if Alice does finally get in, it is still so tainted how they treated him. Nice to see Bon Jovi on the ballot, and they clearly deserve it, but not before the many that came before them continue to be ignored. Good to see our friends at the Hall remain consistently cluless and disrespectful in their treatment of true legends love by millions.
As hateful as this may sound, I'm not sure I would congratulate Alice for the possibility of being part of an organization who didn't feel he was worth more of a consideration than L.L. Cool J, Grand Master Flash or whoever else they've ignorantly inducted in years past.
Me = Winning

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:45 am

what I find strange is how a nomination can be seemingly withdrawn from year to year.why doesn't kiss stay on the ballot? ok,you didn't put them in last year,but why no consideration at all this year?
I'd love to hear neil diamond play with neal smith,that would be cool!

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:49 am

scotty wrote:what I find strange is how a nomination can be seemingly withdrawn from year to year.why doesn't kiss stay on the ballot? ok,you didn't put them in last year,but why no consideration at all this year?
I'd love to hear neil diamond play with neal smith,that would be cool!
KISS shouldn't have even been nominated before Alice period, although they absolutely deserve A nomination no doubt.
Me = Winning

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:00 pm

When do they announce the winners? I don't think there's much cause for excitement just yet as Alice Cooper, like Kiss, can still be bumped.

I did hear it was something like $30k for a table which the band has to pay. Can anyone confirm this? If so who would pick up the tab?

Also, do you think Alice/Mike/Neal and Dennis will play and if so who will fill in for Glen?

Mr. Skull
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

John Lydon and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Skull » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:14 pm

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:24 pm

pitkin- March 14th is the date. fingers and toes crossed!

Seriously
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Seriously » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:50 pm

Great for Alice & the old band to be nominated, but really the RRHSHame are not important to me, Alice's music is good enough. :blues:

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:41 pm

Ahhhh.....looks like a bunch of sour grapes here. Or is it that most of you were not even born when the group was at the top? Or is it the age old question...did Alice need "the boys" or did they need him? Remember - no Alice Cooper (the band) - then no Alice Cooper the man.
If the ACG is "Elected"....I know a lot of fans and family who will be happy. I guess the rest of you can sit by the side in your "Humanary Stew" and in your own negativity.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:39 pm

Not sure what you are referring to GDNM. I would say the majority of us believe Alice Cooper was a band and deserve to be inducted as a band. Apart from the Xmas Pudding/Cooperstown stuff Vince has
not wanted to reunite Alice Cooper. Who knows if he'll want to play with them at the RRHOF. If he doesn't then I have no interest in it.

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:44 pm

yeah,no sour grapes with this fan-love dennis,mike,neal,and of course the most underrated guitar player of all time,the blonde bomber: GB!!!!!!

:rock: :rock: :rock:

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:13 am

scotty wrote:pitkin- March 14th is the date. fingers and toes crossed!
That's the date of the inductions. They will announce the final choices earlier than that, I think sometime in December.
Me = Winning