Extended Versions

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

ALICEROCKS
Killer
Killer

Extended Versions

Post by ALICEROCKS » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:28 am

I just got a Alice Cooper greatist hits cd with longer versions of his songs called "Extended Versions".Does anyone else have any moar info? Thank You! :) :rock: :alice:
I Gotta get outta this place,I'll go runnin in outer space yeah!...."Im Eighteen".

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Re: Extended Versions

Post by WickedYoungMan » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:29 am

This is just audio from "Trashes the World" and "The Nightmare Returns" I believe.
Me = Winning

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:36 pm

Yes it is, but only the Trashes The World video cassette audio... to my knowledge anyway.

It's definitely not a greatest hits CD with longer versions of songs.

Found a brief CD Universe write-up on it:

"As with all the entries in the ongoing budget-priced Extended Versions series, the 2007 Alice Cooper edition is comprised of tracks that have been previously issued. In fact, most of these tracks can be pinpointed to 1995's Classicks (which in turn was comprised of tracks from Alice's 1989 tour in support of Trash). So, what you get here is a "best-of" set list for the most part -- during arguably Alice's most straight-ahead "heavy metal-esque" period. Featured are standard run-throughs of such classics as "I'm Eighteen," "Under My Wheels," "No More Mr. Nice Guy," "Welcome to My Nightmare," and, of course, a set-closing rendition of "School's Out." But also included are late-'80s stabs at mainstream rock like the hit single "Poison," as well as "Bed of Nails" and "House of Fire" (the latter of which saw Joan Jett get a co-songwriting credit). For an affordable taster of live '80s-era Alice, Extended Versions should certainly satisfy. ~ Greg Prato"
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

Petri
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Petri » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:24 pm

I have the "Extended Versions" CD. I got it a couple of years ago. The material comes from the shows that were recorded in Cincinnati (1987) and in Birmingham (1989). However, at least to my ears, "Under My Wheels" sounds like it's from a third show.
"A lot of people confuse me with Mel Gibson."
- The Coop, years ago

ALICEROCKS
Killer
Killer

Post by ALICEROCKS » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:42 pm

My parents got it for me and they said soon there gonna get me Billon Doller Babies,Welcome to my Nightmare and moar! :clap: :rock: xjumpingx So this was realy my first Alice Cooper album. :alice: BTW On the cd how can i tell which diffrent songs were recorded when/where?
I Gotta get outta this place,I'll go runnin in outer space yeah!...."Im Eighteen".

Petri
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Petri » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:00 pm

I don't have my copy of the CD close at hand right now, so I can't remember what the back cover (or the booklet) mentions about the recording locations and dates.

There are sampler clips available at Amazon, and based on them:
1. I'm Eighteen (Birmingham, 1989)
2. House Of Fire (Birmingham, 1989)
3. Bed Of Nails (Birmingham, 1989)
4. Poison (Birmingham, 1989)
5. Under My Wheels (unknown, probably Cincinnati, 1987)
6. No More Mr. Nice Guy (Birmingham, 1989)
7. Ballad Of Dwight Fry (Cincinnati, 1987)
8. Welcome To My Nightmare (Birmingham, 1989)
9. Cold Ethyl (Cincinnati, 1987)
10. School's Out (Birmingham, 1989)
"A lot of people confuse me with Mel Gibson."
- The Coop, years ago