SUCK in Theaters--Sep. 2 (US, at least)

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

SUCK in Theaters--Sep. 2 (US, at least)

Post by NotSoPerfect » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:39 pm

Well, happy birthday to me. SUCK is going to be released in theaters the day before my birthday. Go to this site

http://www.suckthemoviepremiere.com/

And check for theaters in your area that will be showing it.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

SKULLBOY
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: SUCK in Theaters--Sep. 2 (US, at least)

Post by SKULLBOY » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:44 pm

That figures. The closest it's laying is 50 mile from home. What the hell, it's playing in two theaters in Omaha, and none in Lincoln?
"I was scared to death, afraid to close my eyes
And find that I was gone . . . "

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:22 am

Just got home. Love it! :clap: This is totally the kind of movie my friends and I watch anyway, PLUS it has Alice!!

It started with a 10 minute or so "making of," that had LOTS of Alice in it. He's actually the first and last person they show a clip of.

As was stated before (I think by RemarkablyInsincere), Alice's part is bigger than just a single scene. He doesn't have a ton of overall screen time, but he has multiple appearances and a fun role.

I also really liked Iggy's role, and the credits role to "I am the Spider."

If you get the chance to see it on the big screen, do. If not, definitely get the DVD. I'm sure going to!

Diane
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Diane » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:51 am

It wasn't playing anywhere near me, but it's already ordered for the end of the month. :grin: It comes out the same day as Theatre of Death and they should be delivered together - what to watch first??? :laugh:
It's just the little things...

BCRocker
Trash
Trash

Post by BCRocker » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:22 am

Cannot wait to see this...Has anyone seen it yet, and what are your ideas about it?
No More Mr. Nice Guy

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:00 am

>Cannot wait to see this...Has anyone seen it yet, and what are your ideas about it?

Try reading the third post in this thread.

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:23 pm

Diane wrote:It wasn't playing anywhere near me, but it's already ordered for the end of the month. :grin: It comes out the same day as Theatre of Death and they should be delivered together - what to watch first??? :laugh:
Well, if you were able to see the TOD show in concert, then Suck, of course! :laugh: If you didn't see the concert.....then, you're right...tough call!

Diane
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Diane » Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:43 am

NotSoPerfect wrote:Well, if you were able to see the TOD show in concert, then Suck, of course! :laugh: If you didn't see the concert.....then, you're right...tough call!
I did see TOD last year, but I was just getting over an illness and wasn't quite 100% with it. It was a long drive down where we were staying that day and I kind of wilted half way through the show. So I am a bit torn between the two, on what to watch first. Plus, it's been SO long since that show. ;) (I think I'm leaning toward TOD :alice: )

Can't wait to see him again next month!!! :rock:

Wicked Little Lady
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Wicked Little Lady » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:18 pm

Although VA was TOD poor, it apparently was SUCK rich. I did catch the movie here in VA Saturday night. I do have to say BRAVO and I am going to have to get it on DVD so I can watch it again. I had honestly thought the movie was going to be cheezy and ill done, but it surely was not. The CG effects were really the only thing cheezy about it but I do believe that they were done that way on purpose to be funny.

I although I did not do too much reading about who was in the movie, I was pleased to see Nicole De Boer of STAR TREK in a space suit (irony at its best), though it took me a few minutes to recognize David Foley because of his weight.

The movie is also ironic in a sense that Jessica Pare, who plays Jennifer, looks like Laurie Partridge from the Partridge Family. I dont know it that was a planned thing, but it worked for me. Big applause!

Although Iggy Pop's acting is far superior to Alice's, Alice portraying an ancient vampire is just perfect and nobody could have done it better. Calico showing up as the waitress was also a surprise to me, but most appropriate.

There are hidden gems in this movie if you know where to look and dont get too lost in the story line, which is tempting to say the least.

All in all, I have to say seeing the movie in mostly empty theater was kind of odd. There were only 8 people there the night I went, and maybe that could be counted as quite a crowd for this movie. I couldnt say for certain but I would have to guess that is true at this point. Unless you are a HUGE vampire movie fan or a HUGE fan of one of the persons starring in the movie, I dont see too much interst for a following building. I did drive my SUV with Alice eyes adorning it there, so I would guess I was pegged as a die-hard Alice fan. My kid smacked me a good one because I started singing the words to the song while the credits were rolling (I am the Spider)and waving my arms in the air, but what difference did it make--eveyone else had already left the theater. :p
Worship the ground you walk on

theonethatgotaway
Trash
Trash

Post by theonethatgotaway » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:19 pm

Not sure about the US or the rest of the world but its for sale in the stores in Canada now. I picked up a copy at Best Buy the other day, I suppose all the regular haunts will have it also.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:44 pm

Apparently it was on TV on Canal+ in France a few days ago!

daytripper
Dada God
Dada God

Post by daytripper » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:38 am

:alice: I cant wait to see it...especially after reading Wicked's post...thanks girla. :laugh:
It came to as close to me as 45 mins away in Dallas, but I worked all that weekend and missed it. I will be ordering the dvd.
* for being a brat, refusing to act your age*
* http://www.myspace.com/daytripper63 *

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:48 pm

I saw it too on Sept. 2 and it was incredible...had a blast..Alice was awesome and Calico's cameo was cool as well...the ending was so cool...I wish I could talk about it but I won't...still thought hearing I am the Spider on the big screen echoing throughout my theater sent chills down my arms...LOVE THAT SONG...
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"

Dave Conway
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dave Conway » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:53 pm

Just so much to look forward too

:clap: :clap: :clap:
...And personally, I don't care.

MonsterDog
Dada God
Dada God

Post by MonsterDog » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:32 pm

Saw it on video last night. I didn't even catch that Alex Lifeson was in there till the credits.
I don't know if the things I'm thinking are normal thoughts or not!

teenagefrankenstein666
Trash
Trash

Post by teenagefrankenstein666 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:50 am

I've seen this movie twice and thought it was pretty good actually. Alice has a good part in it and I believe that's the jacket he wore on the Dragontown tour? Anyway, good movie and had a few funny parts and love all the celebrity appearances. Had some pretty good music in it especially the closing credits song.:alice: I also enjoy the vampire theme. Highly recommend to Alice and horror movie fans even tho it's more of a comedy.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:26 am

>I believe that's the jacket he wore on the Dragontown tour?

No.

theonethatgotaway
Trash
Trash

Post by theonethatgotaway » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:47 am

It does very much resemble the BT/DT coat but no,the one he wore in Suck is a different coat.

teenagefrankenstein666
Trash
Trash

Post by teenagefrankenstein666 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:33 pm

oh, ok, cool jacket tho, I guess I didn't really compare the two.

Diane
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Diane » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:53 am

I finally got to see this!! It was really good, I enjoyed it a lot. Surprisingly, my husband enjoyed it as well. I wasn't sure he would. Anyway, it had a little bit of everything - good music, some gore, and humor. A great combo in my book. :grin: