WTMN 2....

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

WTMN 2....

Post by scotty » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:00 pm

was just wondering if anyone thought (just for the sake of conversation) if there would be any upside to having the post ACG musicians play on the next recording? could they bring an element to the record that the new guys couldn't? dick wagner,steve hunter,prakash john,whitey glan and joseph chirowski are all still active in the business I believe. Thought it might be cool,even if only for a few tracks

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Re: WTMN 2....

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:38 pm

I wasn't counting on having all the original musicans, however I was hoping at least Dick Wagner would be involved in some capacity. If they really want it to sound like a sequel, you'd think they'd want his guitar tone if not some of his songwriting influences on the album. Of course, it would be great to have Steve Hunter too.

It'll be interesting to hear whatever they come up with, but I can't help but think some people will dismiss it out of hand if it sounds drastically different from the original.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:39 pm

While I'd love nothing more than to have just Alice's voice and Prakash John on bass for the entire album for personal reasons... having the old post-ACG band exclusively on the new album would pose concern for me. Kind of along the same lines as my reasoning against an ACG reunion (or new album with the remaining members of the ACG) I would hate to have the post-ACG's current work with Alice tarnish the golden mid-to-late 70s era stuff the band was known for.

To have the old band back Alice up on WTMN2 would be neat, but if it wasn't up to par it could tarnish the memories of when the chemistry worked well. I realize I would be the one allowing it to be tarnished but "current" Alice requires something more than what "once was" (my opinion). No disrespect to Dick, Prakash, Steve; they did great work with Alice and on their own now I'm sure they kick arse, but what "once was" was a long time ago and musically/personality-wise they may be different folks now, which could fudge up chemistry that's trying to be attained again.

But hey! If all of them do come back and make a record that's better than anything they did in the past... the more power to them.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

Railwayman
Killer
Killer

Post by Railwayman » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:29 am

Although it could be interesting, I quite like the idea of fresh eyes and ideas offering things to take the project to the next phase.

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:17 pm

vindicated! read the news page folks! yesssssssss!

daytripper
Dada God
Dada God

Post by daytripper » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:17 pm

:clap: Now thats news ! :clap:

This could be a masterpiece !
* for being a brat, refusing to act your age*
* http://www.myspace.com/daytripper63 *

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:24 am

no mention of whitey glan or jozef chirowski though!

Jumping Jack
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jumping Jack » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:58 am

It could be quite a challenge to integrate the input from all these people into a cohesive whole.
Caffeine! Caffeine!
Amphetamine
A little speed is all I need
Caffeine! Caffeine!

Mr. Skull
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Mr. Skull » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:53 pm

I think we can leave that in the capable hands of Bob and Alice.

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:41 pm

This is the first time since Brutal Planet that i've been really excited about an upcoming Alice album. Can't wait to hear what Bob and Alice come up with.

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:51 pm

yeah,I wish someone would have begged alice to play those few tracks he had in his jacket the other day!!!!!

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:44 pm

nah, they're probably just rough demos, lets wait to hear the finished article! I'm sure it'll be worth it.

Anythings better than that last album anyway :x

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:58 am

I've tried so hard to get into ACAS,and the only tracks I ever go out of my way to listen to are "i know where you live" and the title track...everything in beteween is just ok to me...

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:45 pm

If I had all my Alice dreams realised, lying in my darkend room listning to my old copy of killer, WTMN and from the inside, it would be Alice working with Bob Ezrin and Dick Wagner to recreate the 'classic' Alice sound. Now that it all seems to be coming together i feel such a mixture of excitement and trepidation. ACAS was such a let down to me, the build up and pre-publicity were as strong as anything he had done in years and yet the final product was so disapointing. I am hoping that this is what prompted him to turn to those he trusts. Although the idea of trying to re-create what they had before in the halcyon days may be seen as reaching backwards I see it as a bold move and believe (hope/pray) that it is going to be the Album that i have been waiting for Alice to produce since TLT.

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:53 pm

Amen to that

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:44 pm

dadascot wrote:ACAS was such a let down to me, the build up and pre-publicity were as strong as anything he had done in years and yet the final product was so disapointing.
Not to come to the rescue of ACAS, but I thought there were perhaps some unrealistic expectations and/or hopes placed on the album before it even came out (based on the pre-publicity, artwork...etc) and this is why it could have been considered a letdown to some people. Not calling anyone out here, just making an observation.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:48 pm

Shoesalesman wrote:
Not to come to the rescue of ACAS, but I thought there were perhaps some unrealistic expectations and/or hopes placed on the album before it even came out (based on the pre-publicity, artwork...etc) and this is why it could have been considered a letdown to some people. Not calling anyone out here, just making an abservation.
I would tend to agree with this. And actually, I rather worry this is happening on a larger level with this album. Seems like with everyone and everything that is/might be involved with WTMN2, that even if the result is "absolutely fantastic," anything less than "EPIC" might disappoint some people.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:49 pm

In regard to ACAS... the barometer for me with an album is how often I want to listen to the album. As much as I liked ACAS initially, I find that I just don't listen to it that often... and rarely seem to want to.

That's really the best way to ultimately judge an album, at least for me. When compared to it's immediate predecessors, the difference is quite striking in the amount of play time this album has gotten in it's first year plus of release (after the initial honeymoon period has worn off).

The caveat here is my opinions can evolve over time, but that's where I am with ACAS.

As far as the expectations on WTMN2.. that is the double edged sword when you do a sequel to a truly classic album. I'm trying to temper my expectations somewhat, as exciting as it all is. I don't expect it to top or even come close to the original, but if it can have a few moments that capture the magic of the first album along with being a solid album in it's own right, I'll probably be quite happy with it.

On the other hand... it's got Alice working with Ezrin again so who knows how well I can manage that in the long build up to release! :clap: :clap:
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:38 pm

NotSoPerfect wrote: I would tend to agree with this. And actually, I rather worry this is happening on a larger level with this album. Seems like with everyone and everything that is/might be involved with WTMN2, that even if the result is "absolutely fantastic," anything less than "EPIC" might disappoint some people.
Couldn`t agree more.
It's very unlikely ANYTHING can come up to the quality of the original, if for no other reason then we all know and that album so well (same can be applied to the other ACG albums). It would truly be an extraordinary achivement if they can really come up with something that can overcome that familiarity/love at this stage of the game. Virtualy no other artist that I can think of with a long history has managed it. They can release great material, but other factors coem into play.

Baz
Gaye Blade
Gaye Blade

Post by Baz » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:34 am

And for that reason i`m trying to distance myself from the new album as much as possible, which i know some people try to do with every album, Shoey`s name springs to mind, and see if it makes a genuine difference.
The problem is, and we should all know this by now, is that according to Alice, every new album is the best thing since ????????? and a throwback to ???????? . As much as I love the guy, he can make his mouth say anything, and more often than not we believe him, much to our dismay when the album comes out.
I know it goes totally against the publicity band wagon, but I for one would wish that he would tell us he has a new album coming out and leave it at that, and let the public decide how good it is when we hear it.
Everything seemed much simpler when the album just hit the shelves, and you rushed home to play it without any preconcieved idea about how good it was.
I`m one of the `Over 50`s `.