WTMN 2....

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Re: WTMN 2....

Post by dadascot » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:42 pm

Before we get dragged into the different subject of Alice's best selling album since 'Hey Stupid' (my money's on 'The Last Temptation') let's keep on the WTMN2 theme. Talking about mass hyping, well unfortunately, in today's market Alice Cooper albums don't get hyped anywhere near the level that we all feel they should[, but as die hard fans we should be getting caught up in the hysteria. Yes we could all be disappointed the way we were with ACAS but that goes with the territory.

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:48 pm

eh.... pressed the wrong button before I had made my point :( I cannot believe that anyone can be moaning about this, to say that Alice should not be just making music with his old friends, these people are fantastic musicians with a lifetime of experiences behind them, i just hope that they put the time into the production and away from the garage band feel that he has been trying for of late. Even if it does not work at least he has made a bold move, not a retrograde one. If Alice were to work from a musical blueprint, which would you rather...Welcome to my Nightmare or Along came a spider??? No contest.

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:17 pm

dadascot wrote:Before we get dragged into the different subject of Alice's best selling album since 'Hey Stupid' (my money's on 'The Last Temptation') let's keep on the WTMN2 theme.
Thank you Mr. Moderator.
Me = Winning

steven15322
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by steven15322 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:01 am

Well were either gonna like it or were not. Lets wait and see what it becomes. To be honest I am just happy hes still making music. I for one am happy he is working with who he is. I am sure we will prob get a better produced and written album then ACAS. I liked it at first...or lets say I wanted to like it..BUT over a month or so it just didn't stick with me. The production and writing of the songs (except for about 3 songs) just really to be honest.. In my opinion they are pretty bad. ..anyway I doubt with Ezrin on board it will be anything as bad as ACAS is so that will be a plus.
Before you burn your mark on me
I'll carve mine in your face

Devils Food
Killer
Killer

Post by Devils Food » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:02 am

steven15322 wrote: I doubt with Ezrin on board it will be anything as bad as ACAS is so that will be a plus.
If there is one thing I do like about the new record is the Ezrin factor. I hope he pushes Alice and has some input to write better songs. However I'm just not real excited about bringing in older luminaries to try to create a sound and concept that no longer exists. We all love the live show and realize it is possibly still the best one out there but give us a good record we can be proud to spin. That is really what I want from the Coop at this point. Ezrin will bring a different feel which is great but as I stated before the songs make the record. Without that we got nothing. I would at least like to see Kerri Kelli and Chuck Garric play on this record.

Anyone know if Prakash John has been contacted? LOL.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:36 am

>more people owned it than the last temptation,

I believe that is incorrect.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:41 am

>He was probably embarrassed by the whole thing.

He was not.

> the hype will bill this as the second coming of the 70's Alice and it will get hyped big time.

I agree and part of the blame will rest with some of people who post on this board (and no doubt elsewhere) who let their imaginations and enthusiasm run riot. Just look at some of the ridiculous speculation and assumptions that have been posted about an album THAT HAS NOT EVEN BEEN RECORDED. How about everyone just waits until there is actually something a little more substantial to discuss?

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:43 am

>I recall reading a post here a while back from someone who mentioned to Alice he didn't like ACAS too much... and that Alice disagreed with that member's assessment of the album.

That is correct.

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:11 pm

I like ACAS, sure it is not his best but nowhere near his worst.
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:55 pm

part of the blame will rest with some of people who post on this board (and no doubt elsewhere) who let their imaginations and enthusiasm run riot. Just look at some of the ridiculous speculation and assumptions that have been posted about an album THAT HAS NOT EVEN BEEN RECORDED
I was under the assumption that part of the reason for the forum, apart from passing on any relevant information, was to get excited and hyped and let our imaginations go wild! Surely that is all part of the up's and downs of being a hardcore Alice fan, and if we don't get hyped who the hell is? Stop being such a killjoy!!

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:42 pm

>Surely that is all part of the up's and downs of being a hardcore Alice fan, and if we don't get hyped who the hell is? Stop being such a killjoy!!

In that case, people had better not complain if the new album turns out to be totally different to what they were expecting.

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:44 pm

dadascot wrote:Surely that is all part of the up's and downs of being a hardcore Alice fan, and if we don't get hyped who the hell is? Stop being such a killjoy!!
I don't think anyone's being a killjoy, just trying to indicate that unbridled hype and expectations can kill the joy of a new album that could have been received better without possible unrealistic goals set upon it.

And as steven15322 mentioned in a post above... as long as Alice is still making music I trust the product.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:08 pm

I can't believe how negative some of you are being it's like you've forgotten Ezrin is a genius and I look forward to the reaction of the doubters when Alice delivers his best album since the 1970s
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:49 pm

steven_crayn wrote:I can't believe how negative some of you are being it's like you've forgotten Ezrin is a genius and I look forward to the reaction of the doubters when Alice delivers his best album since the 1970s
To be fair though Steven, you said a very similar thing before the last album came out......not that i'm trying to dredge up old arguments!

:)

criss
Killer
Killer

Post by criss » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:11 pm

Now and then i get an electrifying feeling that energizes me and WTMN2 has caused that feeling .

The Coop , Ezrin , add a chance of Dick Wagner , Steve Hunter ect . The Nightmare expanding in some twisted cooperish way .

Hell yeah im going to hype this up , im also going to dream and maybe even start hyperventilating for a moment , because these huge events are on the horizon . I'm going to enjoy every minute of it too .
Australias No 1 Alice cooper fan

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:41 pm

steven_crayn wrote:I can't believe how negative some of you are being it's like you've forgotten Ezrin is a genius and I look forward to the reaction of the doubters when Alice delivers his best album since the 1970s
Ezrin is a genius, but he's not immune to putting out what people consider to be subpar stuff too. This album isn't guaranteed to be good or bad yet. The music will speak for itself, and only then can really give our opinions of the final product.
Me = Winning

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:49 pm

the only thing we can be fairly confident of is the production.

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:00 pm

For the most part yeah (Goes To Hell & Lace and Whiskey were a bit weird production wise I thought.)

Here's some of his latest work (Andy might get a kick out of this if he hasn't heard it yet:) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwbTWgkfbNs

He co-produced Peter Gabriel's latest covers album "Scratch My Back."
Me = Winning

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:33 pm

While Heaven Wept wrote:
To be fair though Steven, you said a very similar thing before the last album came out......not that i'm trying to dredge up old arguments!

:)
not everyone hates the last album as much as you and others on here. While ACAS isn't his best album since the 1970s it is far from the worst!
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:37 pm

I said that, sort of.
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.