WTMN 2....

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Re: WTMN 2....

Post by scotty » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:19 am

I want so bad to not listen to the leaks/spoilers when they become available,but I'm a weak weak man! I know many here will struggle with that as the release gets closer!!!!!

TeresofBlood
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by TeresofBlood » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:51 pm

I'm not really expecting something that sounds like WTMN. This could be a totally different Nightmare, with a totally different production style and sound. There's absolutely no way to know what the aim is.

Look at Rob Zombie: Hellbilly Deluxe II sounds nothing like the first.

All I'm saying is I won't get my hopes or expectations up until those little 30 second samples are released on Amazon. I'd even love to avoid those, but my will isn't strong enough :/

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:51 pm

according to alice (and we know how he embellishes things sometimes) so far it has a "70's sound"..we will indeed see. I think even with some of the same players,35 years on,I don't think that it will necessarily sound that way.
..but it's his nightmare!

Baz
Gaye Blade
Gaye Blade

Post by Baz » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:57 pm

Hopefully it`s not ours.
I`m one of the `Over 50`s `.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:29 pm

keep the faith this will be the album that will not disappoint we are talking Cooper/Ezrin and it don't get better than that
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

Mr. Skull
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Mr. Skull » Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:41 pm

I second that !

criss
Killer
Killer

Post by criss » Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:13 pm

steven_crayn wrote:keep the faith this will be the album that will not disappoint we are talking Cooper/Ezrin and it don't get better than that

better , Cooper/Ezrin

Best er ,Cooper , Wagner , Ezrin

Best , Cooper , Wagner , Hunter , Ezrin
Australias No 1 Alice cooper fan

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:36 am

criss wrote:
steven_crayn wrote:keep the faith this will be the album that will not disappoint we are talking Cooper/Ezrin and it don't get better than that

better , Cooper/Ezrin

Best+3 Cooper,Ezrin,Wagner,Hunter,Dunaway,Smith,Bruce
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

criss
Killer
Killer

Post by criss » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:57 pm

better , Cooper/Ezrin

[/quote]

Best+3 Cooper,Ezrin,Wagner,Hunter,Dunaway,Smith,Bruce[/quote]

Best+3 Cooper,Ezrin,Wagner,Hunter,Dunaway,Smith,Bruce
And ill raise you a midget , a juggler and an entire circus troupe . (ala welcome to my nightmare only women bleed session )
Australias No 1 Alice cooper fan

Devils Food
Killer
Killer

Post by Devils Food » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:25 am

Baz wrote:Hopefully it`s not ours.
This.
And here is why. For me anyways.
Welcome To My Nightmare 2 just might ruin the legacy or at least tarnish it a bit. Along Came a Spider was billed as an over the top second coming and it failed miserably. Different animal of course but why go through the process of bringing it all back. Move on and make a record with the band you have on stage. Face it folks the record sales aren't going to happen so just give us 10-12 songs that matter now as a whole.

BTW to me "Six Hours" missed it's calling. That would have been a great tune for WTMN 2.

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:39 am

I don't know if an album that was his best selling release since "hey stoopid" 17 years prior should be considered a miserable failure. I was disappointed he didn't have a show built around the concept,and confused as to why he never did more than 2 songs from it,but it was not that bad of an album!

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:44 am

scotty wrote:I don't know if an album that was his best selling release since "hey stoopid" 17 years prior should be considered a miserable failure. I was disappointed he didn't have a show built around the concept,and confused as to why he never did more than 2 songs from it,but it was not that bad of an album!
I thought the last album was bloody awful....worst Alice album ever. Thank Christ he doesn't play more songs off it live.

So.....i don't think WTMN2 can be any worse so i'm feeling quite positive about it.

As for tarnishing the legacy etc.....nah.....Bat Out Of Hell 3 wasn't great but that doesn't stop the original still being awesome.

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:47 am

scotty wrote:I don't know if an album that was his best selling release since "hey stoopid" 17 years prior should be considered a miserable failure.
Define "Best Selling."
Me = Winning

The son of Don Quijote
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by The son of Don Quijote » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:08 pm

I played ACAS quite a lot when it was released. But after first month my excitement started to vanish. During the last few months I don't remember playing ACAS at all. ACAS did not have much staying power and Alice seemed to lack any lyrical inspiration. Lyrics were clumsy and way below Alice's standards and definately didn't impress me as a poet and an amateur writer. Guitar solos aside from Vengeance is mine and One that got away were very average, even generic.

So on the top of my wishlist for Welcome to my nightmare 2 are much more biting and consistent quitar work and the higher quality of lyrics.

It will be interesting to see how chemistry works. It isn't guaranteed that all these people will be on board all the way to the finished product. Some may left this project half way through. The writing sessions with Alice and Dick Wagner a few years ago didn't produce anything. But if this chemistry works, it will produce something special, maybe not epic, but something special because Neil, Dennis, Alice, Bob, Dick are very talented musicians and this is a very special situation.

I don't think it (WTMN2) will recapture the sound but it may have elements that remind us about the golden 70s and it may even have a bit of that spirit. Or it may simply be a completely different nightmare. I don't get my hopes too high until I have heard something from upcoming album but I have a positive feeling about this.

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:31 pm

ACAS did not have much staying power and Alice seemed to lack any lyrical inspiration. Lyrics were clumsy and way below Alice's standards and definately didn't impress me as a poet and an amateur writer. Guitar solos aside from Vengeance is mine and One that got away were very average, even generic
I couldn't agree more with Killer. Disregarding the chart positions (Alice should be more about quality than quantity) in the last ten years there have been some excellent songs but I personally don't think Alice has produced a consistant album, with the possible exeption of 'eyes' since the last temptation. I have been hoping against hope that Alice would do something this radical, perhaps not revisiting 'nightmare' but certainly working with Ezrin and Wagner et al! it seemed too much to hope that he would work with the original group again. I hope it recaptures something of the spirit of the original or at least replaces the screeching guitars over everything adding some light and shade and the riffs that made the first two incartations of AC so magnificent. I am listning to 'exile on main st. as i write this and if alice can recapture any of that seventies stripped back power and energy then i will be more than happy. It has to be an improvement on spider anyway.

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:38 pm

[quote="WickedYoungMan"][quote="scotty"]I don't know if an album that was his best selling release since "hey stoopid" 17 years prior should be considered a miserable failure.[/quote]

Define "Best Selling."[/quote]

it sold better than anything between "hey stoopid and the album we are discussing,it made more money,more people owned it than the last temptation,fistful,brutal planet,dragontown,eyes,and dirty diamnonds.

Devils Food
Killer
Killer

Post by Devils Food » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:47 pm

scotty wrote:I don't know if an album that was his best selling release since "hey stoopid" 17 years prior should be considered a miserable failure. I was disappointed he didn't have a show built around the concept,and confused as to why he never did more than 2 songs from it,but it was not that bad of an album!
ACAS was the absolute worst Alice record ever. I wanted to like it so much but no way. The concept seemed great prior to the release. Then along came a stinker. The production is garbage, the studio musicians he brought in were terrible and the songs were horribly written and hurried. It is no wonder he never put a show together for that album. He was probably embarrassed by the whole thing. I know as a fan I was when I listened to it. For me it was the worst Alice since the hair metal days which as a fan I just can not stomach to this day. He became part of a ridiculously over done genre. As for WTMN2 I think everyone will be disappointed because the hype will bill this as the second coming of the 70's Alice and it will get hyped big time. The record won't sound like the old stuff. We are all fooling ourselves if we think we are getting that back. That doesn't mean that Alice can't make an ass kicking album if he puts his mind to it. I wish he would stop trying to re-invent himself and move forward. Make a record with your band Alice. Not a bunch of your old friends.

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:20 pm

Devils Food wrote:He was probably embarrassed by the whole thing.
I recall reading a post here a while back from someone who mentioned to Alice he didn't like ACAS too much... and that Alice disagreed with that member's assessment of the album. Or it was something along these lines anyway.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:22 pm

but,that's what he HAS been doing! when was the last time he worked with neal and dennis? 36 years ago!

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:41 pm

scotty wrote:it sold better than anything between "hey stoopid and the album we are discussing,it made more money,more people owned it than the last temptation,fistful,brutal planet,dragontown,eyes,and dirty diamnonds.
Do you have any soundscan numbers to back this up? I think you're mixing up "best selling" for "highest charting." ACAS was the highest charting album since Hey Stoopid, but to my knowledge isn't the highest selling. I wouldn't be surprised if it hasn't even sold half of what Brutal Planet has, which at last count was 60-70,000 in the U.S. per the latest soundscan numbers which came out a few years ago.
Me = Winning