Presales from alicecooper.com

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

sparkinthedark
DiS ViciOuS stalker
DiS ViciOuS stalker

Presales from alicecooper.com

Post by sparkinthedark » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:28 pm

So... the last couple of emails that I've received from alicecooper.com about upcoming shows and the presales have both said words to the effect of "pre sale NOW ON!!!"

Not that it's affected me (yet) but I find this trend of little or no notice of tickets going on sale to be rather disconcerting, particularly when we are told that those who buy first will get the best seats. I was just wondering what the reasoning for this change could be, as it didn't start out like this with alicecooper.com - people used to get fair warning - any ideas anyone?
aLL HeaRt
>---❤️--->

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Presales from alicecooper.com

Post by NotSoPerfect » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:41 pm

Couldn't tell ya. But I've noticed that trend as well, and am not thrilled by it. I sort of thought the point of being on the list was to get advance notice, not "oh yeah, this already started" notice.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

Malchik
Killer
Killer

Post by Malchik » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:25 am

I'm a little bit irritated at pre-sales all together as of late. At one time pre-sales were simply a number of seats sactioned off for that particular event. Now I'm seeing floors sell out before the general public. We've hit an age where you get the front of the line offers through credit card and cellphone pre-sales then sleeping outside for a few days.

sammysausage76
Killer
Killer

Post by sammysausage76 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:17 pm

One of the shows I got presale for I bought tickets hours before the e-mail went out! I was continually checking the page where you buy tickets and the shows were on there, even before there was a link on the site to buy them. I would imagine for this particular show I was the first to get tickets. Not sure why they don't let fans know until they have already gone on sale though...

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:41 pm

Malchik wrote:Now I'm seeing floors sell out before the general public. We've hit an age where you get the front of the line offers through credit card and cellphone pre-sales then sleeping outside for a few days.
Two comments on this...

First... KISS tickets for Calgary last year were completely gone (floor and otherwise, the entire venue) before going on sale to the general public.

Second... The old days of camping out to get first-in-line seats went the way of the dinosaur when ticketmaster introduced the random placement draw an hour before tickets go on sale.

I have to admit I've taken advantage of presales (Merle Haggard, Willie Nelson, Alice Cooper), but I can understand how it could get frustrating to those who haven't a credit card or other means to use for presales.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...