Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

steven15322
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

ALICE & EZRIN *BIG BIG NEWS*

Post by steven15322 » Mon May 24, 2010 1:40 pm

I FOUND THIS TODAY ON BLABBERMOUTH

Alice Cooper has begun work on a new album, to be produced by Bob Ezrin as part of a new joint venture with Bigger Picture Group.

Ezrin has a rich history of hugely successful collaborations with Alice, including such groundbreaking albums as "Billion Dollar Babies", "Welcome To My Nightmare", "School's Out" and "Love It To Death" and has, in the past, been described by Alice as "our George Martin."

Ezrin is a partner in Bigger Picture Group, a Nashville-based company that has been instrumental in contributing to the success of numerous artists, including country music sensation ZAC BROWN BAND. He remarked, "I am delighted to be back in business with Alice Cooper and Shep Gordon's Alive Enterprises and our whole company is over the moon about this collaboration. This is not a record deal but rather a partnership that involves virtually all aspects of Alice's ever-expanding universe. And it's a reunion with the first artist I ever produced and the first great manager I ever worked with. I couldn't be happier."

Bigger Picture will contribute to strategy, staging, special products, theatrical projects as well as the production, promotion and distribution of future Alice Cooper releases. The company will utilize its distribution agreement with Warner Music Group when the new Alice Cooper album, projected for release early next year, and other recorded product launches. A tour themed to tie in with the album, the concept of which is being kept under wraps for the moment, is being planned in support of the release.

Ezrin's career has seen him work with some of the most enduring names in music including PINK FLOYD, KISS, PETER GABRIEL, JANE'S ADDICTION, LOU REED, DEFTONES and scores of others but traces its earliest successes to his association with Alice Cooper, the band and the man.

Alice Cooper remarked, "It feels great to be working with Bob again and the entire Bigger Picture team have been tremendously supportive. Lightning has struck more than once in the past with Bob's involvement so we feel great that we're onto something really electrifying now that we're together again. The album we're crafting is, in some ways, a 'shriekquel' to what's gone before and there's no better guy to oversee things than Bob."

Shep Gordon, whose Alive Enterprises has managed Alice Cooper since his professional debut called the deal with Bigger Picture "a paradigm for the modern music business." He commented, "We're working with Bob not just on a brilliant new Alice Cooper album but in building upon the great strides Alice's career has taken recently." He cited "Nights With Alice Cooper", the internationally syndicated daily radio show that Alice hosts over a network syndicated through United Stations, the "Gruesome Twosome" tour that has seen Alice Cooper and acolyte Rob Zombie share bills throughout North America as well as an upcoming Alice Cooper arena tour. He also noted that "The Coop" would be headlining a string of festival dates this summer in France, Germany, Belgium, the U.K., and Scandinavia. "Awareness and appreciation for Alice is at an all-time high these days," he remarked. "Bigger Picture is getting in not on the ground floor but as the elevator is zooming to the top and they're efforts will, doubtless make this a much faster ride."

In a recent interview with TorontoSun.com, Alice Cooper was asked if there are any plans for a new album. Alice replied, "Ten songs are written already. It's going to be called 'The Night Shift'. The concept is, it's a really dark radio show where I'm the disc jockey, and every song I play will be by a different fictitious band. At some point, you'll realize this disc jockey is a little bit more than that. And I'm sure there will be some kind of a twist ending."
Before you burn your mark on me
I'll carve mine in your face

steven15322
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: ALICE & EZRIN *BIG BIG NEWS*

Post by steven15322 » Mon May 24, 2010 3:10 pm

Cool I see it's up on the news page now :)

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Mon May 24, 2010 3:37 pm

Incredible! This sounds BIG!

:clap:
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Mon May 24, 2010 3:46 pm

Wow, seriously this really does sound big. I wonder if the whole "Night Shift" idea is gone and it's something completely different, either way it sounds like the idea is to kickstart Alice career in a big way, perfect timing in my opinion too
"THEY'RE NEVER GONNA FIND YOUR FACE"

- ALICE COOPER

smanomega
Killer
Killer

Post by smanomega » Mon May 24, 2010 5:20 pm

According to Alice friday night "the night shift" thing is on the back burner and the Bob Ezrin thing is something new he wouldn't say what, just that it perked up everybody that heard about it. so like I said before I'm waiting.....

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Mon May 24, 2010 6:23 pm

Bob Ezrin is really steven! :alice:

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Mon May 24, 2010 6:28 pm

This sounds amazing...wonder what the new album will be now that the night shift is on hold...with ezrin back this sounds like Alice is back with a vengeance
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Mon May 24, 2010 6:30 pm

smanomega wrote:According to Alice friday night "the night shift" thing is on the back burner and the Bob Ezrin thing is something new he wouldn't say what, just that it perked up everybody that heard about it. so like I said before I'm waiting.....
As cool as the night shift idea is I have a feeling this is gonna be even better

- ALICE COOPER

steven15322
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by steven15322 » Mon May 24, 2010 6:36 pm

[/quote]
As cool as the night shift idea is I have a feeling this is gonna be even better[/quote]

Yes with Ezrin producing should be great

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Mon May 24, 2010 7:10 pm

Nightmare 2?

I mean, what kind of idea could get everybody excited, including getting Ezrin on board?

I can't imagine any other idea really getting people as excited as that prospect.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Mon May 24, 2010 7:47 pm

And Alice did call it a "Shriek-quel".

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Mon May 24, 2010 8:10 pm

It definitely sounds like it could be, at least something similar to Nightmare 2, and if he's ever gonna do it now is the time in my opinion

- ALICE COOPER

TeresofBlood
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by TeresofBlood » Mon May 24, 2010 8:39 pm

Ezrin probably figured the night shift concept album wasn't mainstream enough. Think of the casual music fan. "12 Brand New Tracks by Alice Cooper, where he pretends to be 12 different ficticious bands!" It's a concept that would really only excite the die-hard fans.

Regardless, I'm excited and it's nice to see Ezrin remembering his roots!

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Mon May 24, 2010 9:16 pm

And on top of it, the artists that did the WTMN cover are working on the new album cover.

Hmmm.... everything's lining up.

revinkevin
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by revinkevin » Mon May 24, 2010 10:41 pm

A couple of questions. If Ezrin is going to produce the new album, how is that going to be different from when he was listed as Executive Producer on BP and another one ? Is the producer the more hands on in the studio guy and the executive producer something else ?? And could Ezrin be the producer that Alice wanted to work with on ACAS but there were scheduling conflicts ? On a side observation, I sure hope the current band has some songwriting contributions to the new planned cd. IMOP ACAS had to many chefs in the kitchen playing with the recipe. And this band really seems to jell well and I would like to see it stick around for a long time.

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Tue May 25, 2010 12:18 am

YESSSSS!!!
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

smanomega
Killer
Killer

Post by smanomega » Tue May 25, 2010 12:39 am

revinkevin wrote: IMOP ACAS had to many chefs in the kitchen playing with the recipe. And this band really seems to jell well and I would like to see it stick around for a long time.
Most of my fave songs on ACAS are the ones with current band members on them.

in T.O. they added a jazz flair to Killer in concert and it sounded INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!

daytripper
Dada God
Dada God

Post by daytripper » Tue May 25, 2010 1:03 am

This got my attention...
Shep Gordon, whose Alive Enterprises has managed Alice Cooper since his professional debut called the deal with Bigger Picture "a paradigm for the modern music business." He commented, "We're working with Bob not just on a brilliant new Alice Cooper album but in building upon the great strides Alice's career has taken recently."
Finally.....Alice will be WORTHY. :clap:
* for being a brat, refusing to act your age*
* http://www.myspace.com/daytripper63 *

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Tue May 25, 2010 2:24 am

revinkevin wrote:A couple of questions. If Ezrin is going to produce the new album, how is that going to be different from when he was listed as Executive Producer on BP and another one ? Is the producer the more hands on in the studio guy and the executive producer something else ??
Yes. Bob will be in charge here for a lack of better term. If I remember right he was sort of a consultant on BP.
And could Ezrin be the producer that Alice wanted to work with on ACAS but there were scheduling conflicts ?
No, it was Marti Frederiksen.
Me = Winning

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Tue May 25, 2010 10:43 am

this is great news