Zipper Catches Skin

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

ABLITZOFGLITZ
Trash
Trash

Re: Zipper Catches Skin

Post by ABLITZOFGLITZ » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:37 pm

Love DADA scarlet and sheba classic stuff and very much a pre cursor for the late 80's alice constictor (another classic) and raise??? :/

AC Collect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by AC Collect » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:54 pm

I Love DaDa, Flush and Zipper. Infact every 80's Alice album, It's just Special Forces that is a bit TOO 80's for me. I do like Generation Landslide and Who do you think we are though.
It's Just The Little Things That Drive me Wild!

Mr. Misdemeanor
Killer
Killer

Post by Mr. Misdemeanor » Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:18 pm

This is a tough one to judge. There's so much humor that it's almost like a collection of novelty songs.

"Zorro's Ascent" is my favorite track. I really like the lyrics to that one. "Make That Money" is also good. I don't care for "I Am the Future" at all. "No Baloney Homosapiens" has a terrible title/chorus even for a comedy song. I do like the music though. "Adaptable" "I Like Girls" and "Perfectly Insincere" aren't bad songs but they aren't interesting enough that I'd want to listen to them that often. I don't really care for "Tag You're It." A lot of buildup for a weak joke. The music in "I Better Be Good" is very catchy, but the lyrics are, well, bad frankly. Alice is a great lyricist but this one was a misfire, imo. "I'm Alive" is very silly but catchy.

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Sun Dec 11, 2022 2:30 am

Zipper for me is a "guilty pleasure". I mean it is objectively garbage (the lyrics are really poor) But something about the enthusiastic music and alices random staccato lyrical framing works for me. I'd never play it to someone to demonstrate alice cooper, but whenever i stick the album on, i cannot deny it, i have allot of fun. Dick Wagner plays a blinder on this album.